Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the roller coaster will have an AA? That was unexpected.

Slinky coaster looks pretty mild, but that's probably what they were going for.

The coaster is definitely looking pretty slow, but then again anyone expecting something even of the intensity of BTM was probably kidding themselves. Weezy at the end will at least be a nice touch. Hopefully they keep him well maintained.

I'm with @JungleSkip on really being excited about the Saucers ride. It sounds dumb to say, but if you've been on Maters Junkyard Jamboree, you probably get why. It's a fun, themed whip ride that pretty much all of the family will enjoy and be able to enjoy. It will have a 32" height requirement, but in reality most that are 2.5-3 years old will meet that.

Unfortunately, since TSL is only adding 2 rides to the park instead of maybe a few more flats like it could've easily fit, Slinky and Saucers will have insane lines. On the flip side, next year is another big year for DHS, so hopefully those insane lines will migrate from TSL over to Star Wars and Runaway Railway (MMRR will have no height requirement by all accounts).

Maybe ease up Pandora lines as well. From the initial photos of the supports, I figured 25-30 mph was about the top speed. They weren't going for airtime hills, necessarily. It is amusing that they have to show the same sections of ride footage over and over. I figure that it's because the ride is so short that they're not going to show the whole thing.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Maybe ease up Pandora lines as well. From the initial photos of the supports, I figured 25-30 mph was about the top speed. They weren't going for airtime hills, necessarily. It is amusing that they have to show the same sections of ride footage over and over. I figure that it's because the ride is so short that they're not going to show the whole thing.
Well, despite the track tacking up a lot of space, due to it being a launch coaster instead of one with a lift hills, the coaster will definitely be short. Even at a slower speed, it will still be over pretty quick due to the nature of the ride.

Reactions: SkiBum
On the ground footage in the land from GMA (live stream, not actual show). Gives a bit of a perspective as to what the land will feel look like from the ground:

Sounds like the Green Army Man thing will be similar to Jedi Training Academy.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
On the ground footage in the land from GMA (live stream, not actual show). Gives a bit of a perspective as to what the land will feel look like from the ground:

Sounds like the Green Army Man thing will be similar to Jedi Training Academy.

From that part of the land, the giant fence looks much better than I expected. It looks quite far away and so the scale is much more forgivable and I like how it frames the land. I doubt the views from Slinky will be as kind, though.

Reactions: Scott W. and Nick
From that part of the land, the giant fence looks much better than I expected. It looks quite far away and so the scale is much more forgivable and I like how it frames the land. I doubt the views from Slinky will be as kind, though.
I agree, the fence frames the land very well from the ground there. The issue with Slinky is not only will you potentially be able to sneak a peak over the fence at points, but you'll potentially be able to see into SWGE. At least until the gaps in the berm fill in.

Oh, and btw, according to MansionButler over on Magic, he's hearing that the THEORETICAL capacity for Slinky will be a meager 1000 pph. Yikes. And you have to take into account that this is an outdoor coaster too. This ride will be down a lot in the summer, meaning park-wide capacity will be severely impacted during those summer storms.

I'm imagining 3-4 hour waits for this ride this summer with it being in a park that will only have 6 rides even after Toy Story Land opens.

the singing Penguin. The article says guests will see him on the Slinky Dog Dash. At the end of the ride. Most likely as you enter the station, I'm assuming.

I seen the penguin but I thought the construction people were guests for some reason. That's awesome though.

So Disney went a little crazy yesterday with promo for TSL. They did the same thing for Pandora, but that was at least understandable. Drawing this much attention and advertising towards this land is asking for trouble this summer. They are taking a B and a C ticket (and a 10 year old D ticket) and trying to collectively market it as an E ticket. It doesn't work that way.

Here was GMA's TV segment:

...and The View:

...and The Chew:

...and Nightline:

They've also started to run the TSL ads a lot locally and the ad is actually really well done. I pray for the CMs at DHS this summer.

Last edited: