Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine Universal would be more inclined to expand the size of its current park amd build it out before building a second gate. I would use Orlando as a reference since theyre doing it the right way vs Disney imo the wrong way. Universal is building out Studios and IOA and have been for ten solid years before construction even starts on a new gate.

Where as Disney built new parks such as MGM and AK without even coming close to build outs. This has left MGM in need of a multi billion dollar renovation only 20 years into its lifespan. Epcot is also preparing for a multi billion dollar expansion cause they lost focus on these parks while building others. And AK had to grasp at a 800 million dollar Avatar land just to stay relevant.

Now obviously Disney is righting their wrongs by massive expansion now, utilizing the right IP’s, laying off executives who made the wrong decesions, upgrading infastructure etc. And im super excited to see all the stuff Disney has planned but again they did it all wrong originally. Which i think is why we will see Universal focus on making USH the absolute best park it can be over the next decade.

I would imagine Universal would be more inclined to expand the size of its current park amd build it out before building a second gate. I would use Orlando as a reference since theyre doing it the right way vs Disney imo the wrong way. Universal is building out Studios and IOA and have been for ten solid years before construction even starts on a new gate.

Where as Disney built new parks such as MGM and AK without even coming close to build outs. This has left MGM in need of a multi billion dollar renovation only 20 years into its lifespan. Epcot is also preparing for a multi billion dollar expansion cause they lost focus on these parks while building others. And AK had to grasp at a 800 million dollar Avatar land just to stay relevant.

Now obviously Disney is righting their wrongs by massive expansion now, utilizing the right IP’s, laying off executives who made the wrong decesions, upgrading infastructure etc. And im super excited to see all the stuff Disney has planned but again they did it all wrong originally. Which i think is why we will see Universal focus on making USH the absolute best park it can be over the next decade.

TBH, I think that while Disney is fixing a lot of their errors, made a large one with the Eastern Gateway and more of the things that went down with that. I think that while they are using the right IP's, the growth of Disneyland Resort will be stumped by a particular amount that while, will see growth, will not be as fast as possible.

Universal, in my eyes, has not that much for expansion left. Outside of-course; Globe Theater (which is rumored for Pets), 22-25/28, Waterworld, Studio Plaza/Tram Maintenance, the cluster of Soundtages next to Mummy and Transformers/Mummy (which is rumored for SNW), and Animal Actors/SES for park growth.

While I do think we are a ways off, the purchasing of homes doesn't make me think that a second gate is out of the question for the decade. But that said, Orlando's 4th gate should be the priority for the next park in development, as Beijing is well under construction for 2020 now.

Undoubtedly Orlando is a priority since they are moving on it now. Whereas have not seen any land purchases of consequence adjacent to USH. That MAY change but unlikely in the near to mid future.

Undoubtedly Orlando is a priority since they are moving on it now. Whereas have not seen any land purchases of consequence adjacent to USH. That MAY change but unlikely in the near to mid future.

That's not how it'll work. Hollywood is not Orlando where it's sprawling swampland. The property Universal owns in Hollywood is over 400 acres (similar to USO proper). It's just divided half park, half studio. The land is already there, it's just how they chose to develop it.

At the end of the day, I would imagine that the park wouldn't be flat. But that I would imagine that it wouldn't be too steep of a park to begin with.

Off the top of my head only Cat, Spider-Man, Kong, and Forbidden Journey are rides that don’t close in bad weather. You can include Storm Force too, but really?

That's not how it'll work. Hollywood is not Orlando where it's sprawling swampland. The property Universal owns in Hollywood is over 400 acres (similar to USO proper). It's just divided half park, half studio. The land is already there, it's just how they chose to develop it.
Uhhh....yup.

Guys chill out first of all second universal will build a 2 themed park in the featured thread if universal studios Hollywood does build a 2nd gate themed park do you guys think there will be a second city walk fourth how many rides do you guys think this second gate park have

Guys chill out first of all second universal will build a 2 themed park in the featured thread if universal studios Hollywood does build a 2nd gate themed park do you guys think there will be a second city walk fourth how many rides do you guys think this second gate park have

First off, perhaps you can fix the grammar? Even for me, some of that is hard to understand..

and to go off..

1: Unless if forced, I don't see the need to move it somewhere else, and that, I don't even think there is a thread called "Will Universal build a 2nd Theme Park". If you find it, and link it, then that'd be interesting.

2: Eventually, I think it will boil down to safety, and that Universal cannot rely on one park if they want to continue growth in the way that they are.

Will there be more expansions of the main park? Yes, but that we have to keep in mind that the first wave of expansion has reshaped almost the entirety of Universal's Upper Lot. And once the Lower Lot gets re-structured in the next few years, there will not be that much space left for Hollywood to expand, unless if they want to start deconstructing what they've built.

3: There is no need for a second CityWalk. The current one, would presumably act more like Downtown Disney, only with the obvious change being that there isn't a simple promenade, but that the two parks would have distinct entrance points that would have to be different from one-another.

4: I don't think it's fair to talk about rides yet. I do think we are quite a ways off, but that I do think it's not like it won't happen in the next 10 years.

I would see a second gate, more than likely than a true Beijing 2nd park (Excluding Water Parks into their equation).

I would imagine a Hotel and a expansion of Jurassic Parking will be needed to help with the capacity that would increase with a 2nd gate.

Last edited:
Here is my ideal 2nd gate for USH:

-Legend of Zelda Land
-Lord of the Rings Land
-Harry Potter Land
-Kirby or Pokemon Land
-Universal Classic Monsters Land

Ok, I know the last one would never happen in a million years. Kirby is unlikely, Pokemon has a greater chance. Considering a possible 2nd gate would be a 40 acre park, these lands would make an incredible gate IMO!

Here is my ideal 2nd gate for USH:

-Legend of Zelda Land
-Lord of the Rings Land
-Harry Potter Land
-Kirby or Pokemon Land
-Universal Classic Monsters Land

Ok, I know the last one would never happen in a million years. Kirby is unlikely, Pokemon has a greater chance. Considering a possible 2nd gate would be a 40 acre park, these lands would make an incredible gate IMO!

Harry Potter land is a bit too much. If we want, we could have Diagon Alley instead. The 2nd gate should be reserved for various IPs. If we dedicated to one park for a single IP, it wouldn't be profitable as other IPs as well. Only suitable for one specific fan instead of catering to everyone. In fact, having an entire park based on an IP is a bit ludicrous. The 2nd gate needs to be more creative and memorable, like how Disneyland attempted with California Adventure, even though it was a bad idea at the time, but stands out on its own in the long run.

Last edited:
Harry Potter land is a bit too much. If we want, we could have Diagon Alley instead. The 2nd gate should be reserved for various IPs. If we dedicated to one park for a single IP, it wouldn't be profitable as other IPs as well. Only suitable for one specific fan instead of catering to everyone. In fact, having an entire park based on an IP is a bit ludicrous. The 2nd gate needs to be more creative and memorable, like how Disneyland attempted with California Adventure, even though it was a bad idea at the time, but stands out on its own in the long run.

Homie, Diagon Alley would be a Harry Potter Land.

Honestly, what I'd love to see, given if I was to have a choosing:

1: One Original Land outside of the Main Entrance
2: Berk
3: Pokemon (Inspired by G1 and Detective Pikachu)
4: Sci-Fi oriented land featuring Star Trek and Doctor Who
5: Lord of The Rings (Gondor or Rivendell)

What I would probably think would happen:

1: Pokemon (Taking cue from Generation 1)
2: Sanrio (Hello Kitty, Kero Kero, Bad Baditz-Maru, Chococat)
3: Lord of The Rings (Rivendell)
4: Select IP here
5: Diagon (With Hogwarts Express)

Honestly, what I'd love to see, given if I was to have a choosing:

1: One Original Land outside of the Main Entrance
2: Berk
3: Pokemon (Inspired by G1 and Detective Pikachu)
4: Sci-Fi oriented land featuring Star Trek and Doctor Who
5: Lord of The Rings (Gondor or Rivendell)

What I would probably think would happen:

1: Pokemon (Taking cue from Generation 1)
2: Sanrio (Hello Kitty, Kero Kero, Bad Baditz-Maru, Chococat)
3: Lord of The Rings (Rivendell)
4: Select IP here
5: Diagon (With Hogwarts Express)

Interesting. No love for Legend of Zelda I see bruh.

So do you think the plans have changed for Diagon Alley to go from USH to 2nd gate? I know an insider on here said it was coming on the Studio Tour Loading Pad or something of that nature.

I would say this lineup for a 2nd gate:
Skull Island (because Kong 360 would be no more)
Supercharged
Diagon Alley
Parades
Concert Venue
Fallon
and something unique and new...it won't be Nintendo related because Nintendo will be at Universal Studios Hollywood.

I would say this lineup for a 2nd gate:
Skull Island (because Kong 360 would be no more)
Supercharged
Diagon Alley
Parades
Concert Venue
Fallon
and something unique and new...it won't be Nintendo related because Nintendo will be at Universal Studios Hollywood.
So you pretty much want to port the mediocre parts of USF (aside from Diagon Alley) over to Hollywood.

Interesting. No love for Legend of Zelda I see bruh.

So do you think the plans have changed for Diagon Alley to go from USH to 2nd gate? I know an insider on here said it was coming on the Studio Tour Loading Pad or something of that nature.

I don't get the vibe that Nintendo will be at Gate 2 (even as I put Pokemon on an different plain).

I don't get the vibe that they would do a parade, but that that's more on my own level of sight.

I also don't have the park going all the way to Kong 360, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.