Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

2nd USH Gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbors are throwing a fit about the noise? No problem! Make it indoors! If they ever do Diagon,I can see them going that route. The way it's set up, it might as well be indoors and would be better off that way. The Dragon fire would generate too much noise.

Still, I'm totally expecting a Singapore-size park if they ever do this. The indoor aspect could totally work for them. Heck, they can make it half indoors, some outdoors if they wanted to. This would be a huge hit during inclement weather.

I'm glad you're on my side on this & echoing what I said the other day.

An indoor theme park would be a hit in CA. Like K Peek said, it only needs to be between 20-30 acres. Considering the limited land at Universal & other places in general, this is a workable solution to a perennial problem.

@AlexanderMBush Considering you have connections, you should float this idea by one of your people.

I'm glad you're on my side on this & echoing what I said the other day.

An indoor theme park would be a hit in CA. Like K Peek said, it only needs to be between 20-30 acres. Considering the limited land at Universal & other places in general, this is a workable solution to a perennial problem.

@AlexanderMBush Considering you have connections, you should float this idea by one of your people.

While I'm glad you boosted my ego; I am not that close to those with the powers may be. ;)

In all seriousness, seeing what Thinkwell, it's partners; and WB all did for Dhabi, I would not be opposed to the thought of a completely indoor theme park now. And in-fact, I'd be all up for it if that's the direction they'd go with now.

While I'm glad you boosted my ego; I am not that close to those with the powers may be. ;)

In all seriousness, seeing what Thinkwell, it's partners; and WB all did for Dhabi, I would not be opposed to the thought of a completely indoor theme park now. And in-fact, I'd be all up for it if that's the direction they'd go with now.

Lol Thanks for being honest.

How feasible and realistic do you think this idea is? Do you think Universal or other company would run with an indoor theme park here in CA?

Lol Thanks for being honest.

How feasible and realistic do you think this idea is? Do you think Universal or other company would run with an indoor theme park here in CA?

I would say looking at it from Universal's perspective, especially if it'd be in the area to the east of the park; it would have benefits to go completely indoors.

For one, you can control temperatures and A/C, allowing a great appeal for crowd's coming to Hollywood for the Summer and Winter periods. Another, would be allowing more possibilities for sound-proofing it, making it an appealing choice for Neighbors as the sounds of the park wouldn't be as loud.

My issue that comes of it, is the question of expansion pads. I don't know how it is for WBDhabi, but I would wonder if they'd have a potential problem for having expansions. I would imagine that would mean that they'd have to do partial gutting of the already existing building at one area, and finding land around the indoor park that can be suitable for expansion.

I would love to get David Cobb in an interview for it, but that in my opinion is the biggest question I have for WBDhabi's future.

IF they go the indoor route (even if they don’t), I really, really want Uni to get a hold of the rights to DC. Imagine what they could do with Batman. It would blow IoA’s Marvel area out of the water. They could easily borrow the same concepts and it would be a hit. Bring the Riddler ride over here, make the Joker an indoor coaster of sone sort borrowing from the Killing Joke, and have a Batman dark ride as our answer to Spiderman.

As long as SFMM doesn’t lose their JL ride, I want to see this

IF they go the indoor route (even if they don’t), I really, really want Uni to get a hold of the rights to DC. Imagine what they could do with Batman. It would blow IoA’s Marvel area out of the water. They could easily borrow the same concepts and it would be a hit. Bring the Riddler ride over here, make the Joker an indoor coaster of sone sort borrowing from the Killing Joke, and have a Batman dark ride as our answer to Spiderman.

As long as SFMM doesn’t lose their JL ride, I want to see this

While I think that Six Flags would allow Universal to use DC Comics properties in Florida, I highly doubt that they’d allow it in California. Especially in the same city as one of their parks.

While I think that Six Flags would allow Universal to use DC Comics properties in Florida, I highly doubt that they’d allow it in California. Especially in the same city as one of their parks.

Six Flags is only licensed to use the the comic book versions of the IP (for the most part). Universal could use DC propertys, it'd just have to be tied to the cinematic universe.

Last edited:
Six Flags is only licensed to use the the comic book versions of the IP (for the most part). Universal could use DC propertys, it'd just have to be tied to the cinematic universe.
Except everything DC is a mix of comics, animated series & live-action films. There isn't just one DC verse within the park.

MY BOLD PREDICTION: Not only will Universal Studios Hollywood announce a 2nd gate, they will announce it within the next 10 years.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Once SNW opens in 2021, two things are going to happen. Their revenue is going to explode. Secondly, their attendance is going to explode. Follow the money.

After they finish their redesign of the lower lot, they will not have too many places to expand. Sure they can take out Water World. Animal Actors. Do something at the tram loading zone. But they will eventually run out of room at their 1st gate.

Here is where the 2nd gate comes in. They don't have much room to work with. Their options is to build an Abu Dhabi Warner Bros. indoor theme park at 30 acres. But, they would make it the best in the world. Or....Reduce the backlot even more, even building the soundstages in another location in Los Angeles and just expand the footprint of the 2nd gate.

There is too much money to made in the theme park biz for Universal to stay satisfied with only 1 gate for too long. You can take that to the bank.

My two cents...

Attendance, attendance, attendance! There will come a point where the Investors are going to see the main gate closed due to capacity over and over again. The 101 freeway is going to be on the news that there are too many people visiting USH. The only way to alleviate the crowded pressure is by offering a 2nd venue (we simply cannot add more hours in the day). If USH hits 10 million for an annual year...there must be a 2nd gate in the works. This would help the crowd pressure and split it between 2 venues (suddenly the streets are not full anymore). Plus, now hours can decrease daily which helps eliminate employee costs and maintenance. Imagine USH as a 9am-8pm normal operational hours like Orlando!

Safety will push the need to expand. Demand will force it. Ticket prices will continue to raise and park hoppers will be the desired ticket sold.

The Studio Tour is low capacity. Its not going away until they choose to eliminate Kong 360 and Supercharged. Supercharged could be adapted into its Orlando counterpart...but why?

Don't forget that additional parking will be needed as well. Currently we fill up 4 structures for one park! Now we need more!

Thinking things over with the prospect of a second park..

It's something that Universal Hollywood will need. With the current expansion rate that the park (and CW area) is receiving; this is something that they need for the future of the property.

They do need however..to fix the infrastructure of the property more. This ranges from the current parking structure's getting expanded and also in the prospect of adding a hotel for the roster.

That said, they also have options for what to use for a second gate; in properties. And, it can be even more if they can work on a deal with Warner once the SF deal lapses out.

How much bigger is DLR parking compared to USH?

Mickey & Friends from what I've checked, can handle 10K. And that's not factoring in the developing structure expansion.

After seeing the rides WB World Abu Dubai have, I really would like to see Uni make their own version of the Scooby-Doo ride. I know it's unlikely, but a Hanna Barberra Land would be really awesome. I can only imagine Uni doing a superior version of the Flinstones flume ride, Tom & Jerry coaster, and Scooby Doo dark ride.
They should put it where Kidzone is :D

I think Universal would have to utilize off-site parking and shuttles (or if they get desperate use the Comcast/NBC-U lots). That, or give up valuable potential hotel real estate. I think 15,000+- spots could service two smaller parks at USH.

The future is looking more and more promising.
jon-popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.