Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Might have something to do with how the different resorts do Rider counts. Universal counts empty seats to see how many are being dispatched, so filling every seat means less work. Disney counts every filled seat. Big difference in operations. (Of course I prefer the method that gives preferential treatment to single riders since I’m usually at the parks by myself.)
Yes, when we stay at CBBR or Sapphire for a portion of our vacation, we utilize the single riders lines constantly. That is such an easy way to beat a long line. And the fact that Universal is really aggressive in moving those single lines make for a nice experience. I would guess Universal comes closer to filling their max capacity than Disney does, since there's so few empty seats in the vehicles going into the rides.

I've have always maintained that Marvel and Star Wars should have had their own gates Anyhoo, after watching the trailer yet again for Solo trying to get hype, this thing screams B&M wing coaster with enclosed trains with OLED screens providing a glasses less VR experienceScreenshot_2018-04-25-11-13-39.png

Reactions: danielmann910
That four quarter concrete carving of symbols, top centre - please does anybody know what they are / represent? Temple, Bull/Bear, Owl/Skeleton??
That's the crest for the City of Los Angeles.
1200px-Seal_of_Los_Angeles%2C_California.svg.png

Reactions: Coasted and Alicia
Nerd rant time:

Toy Story Land seems to be set between the events of TS2 and TS3. We know this because Jesse is here, who joined the group in the second film. Also, Wheezy is here, who was lost/died before the third film. And, ya know, cause Andy is still playing with toys and they’re not yet owned by Bonnie (it’s his backyard and he built the coaster after all, plus, his footprints can be seen.)

All that is fine and good... but then how is there Trixie, and other characters, in Midway Mania that don’t join the group until halfway through the third film!?! And I bet you more will be added after the fourth film!

Okay, so I guess we are to believe that the “Land” takes place in one time period, and the ride takes place in another... but wait, the ride’s load area is set in Andy’s bedroom, and not Bonnie’s, and my brain just broke.

I guess...
View attachment 6659

this is Toy Story, not Harry Potter. Let your brain relax a bit.

Now figuring out where SWGE fits in the canon is way more difficult.

Disney has stated plenty of times that Batuu is set in the new trilogy era so no there shouldn't be a Vader stomping around or anyone else pre TFA that isn't in the new movies.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I literally could not care less where a land is set "in canon".

They'll probably have the Vader meet and greet still over in the Launch Bay.
I expect Launch Bay will go away within a year of opening. That building and what lies behind it is a huge expansion plot for the park so hopefully we see that used within the next 10 years.

I firmly expect Echo Lake to be the next to see work done, though.

Reactions: GadgetGuru