Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Falcon going to be 3D? (I'm guessing no)

If the ride is constantly stopping to load guests won't the other ride vehicles feel it?

It seems like it will be a Forbidden Journey carousel, with 8 domes. During your ride, your dome will change position 8 times. It does seem a bit odd, as it will have to change positions quickly, so the next cockpit comes into load and unload to give time for that. To me, 45 seconds or so seems pretty agressive for load and unload, then you take out at least 10 seconds of movement in and out, and the numbers just don't add up. Unless this is a VERY long experience. Which would be great, and a massive changed from the current norm of 4 minute rides, even for E tickets.

Even a slight delay in one cockpit could quickly back up the ride, domino style. I still think the "total immersion of walking through the Millennium Falcon" aspect was given too much priority over operability, theming realities. But, we'll see.

so 4 round tables with 7 domes and around 5-6 people per dome.Also 4 min ride brings the capacity to around 2100.
Yeah, that number works with what you're quoting....But to go back to the Magic Insiders, they're saying apx. 175o Operational Hourly Ride Capacity. Still a good number compared to Na'vi 1080, FOP 1440 (with all 4 theaters operational), 7 Dwarfs 1480, & Frozen 900.. These figures are all OHRC. THRC is slightly higher but it's considered less reliable....All these numbers are assuming each ride is running with all vehicles and full staffing during peak times. Lower crowd levels usually involve a cutback in OHRC.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Is Falcon going to be 3D? (I'm guessing no)

If the ride is constantly stopping to load guests won't the other ride vehicles feel it?
As far as I remember it doesn’t stop to load/unload it has a moving platform ala Spaceship Earth. Except a little slower perhaps, somebody correct me if I’m wrong.

Hourly ride capacities have always fascinated me.

In my mind, a simulator or a roller coaster will be able to have a higher ride capacity partly because the ride is easy to load. People intuitively know how to board a roller coaster.

FoP is the exact opposite. It’s not terribly intuitive how to get situated in the vehicle and there will always be stragglers that need help. FoP will always have long load times. The ride load times won’t improve over time because it’s a one-off ride system and there’s always going to be first-time riding tourists.

From what it sounds like, Falcon will be very intuitive to load + unload. I could potentially see Disney’s estimated capacities going up if they assumed FoP load issues and don’t have any.

well it will be faster loading but i can see delays happening a lot due to people fighting over who get to be the pilot.Also i have to wonder about people who go alone.Would they never get a chance to pilot.

On ride capacities, it seems like Universal's very many attraction single rider lines basically get every seat filled on those attractions, which greatly enhances capacity. And the loaders are pretty good at keeping those single rider lines moving at a fast clip....Now, at WDW , there's only a few single rider line attractions, so there's lots of empty seats on the 'non single rider attractions'. Also, just my experience, but the times we've used single rider on Test Track and Aerosmith, the loaders were very lazy about using the single riders. Seems like we were in line forever and they weren't filling all the empty seats with single riders, just some every now and then when they felt like doing it.

On ride capacities, it seems like Universal's very many attraction single rider lines basically get every seat filled on those attractions, which greatly enhances capacity. And the loaders are pretty good at keeping those single rider lines moving at a fast clip....Now, at WDW , there's only a few single rider line attractions, so there's lots of empty seats on the 'non single rider attractions'. Also, just my experience, but the times we've used single rider on Test Track and Aerosmith, the loaders were very lazy about using the single riders. Seems like we were in line forever and they weren't filling all the empty seats with single riders, just some every now and then when they felt like doing it.
Might have something to do with how the different resorts do Rider counts. Universal counts empty seats to see how many are being dispatched, so filling every seat means less work. Disney counts every filled seat. Big difference in operations. (Of course I prefer the method that gives preferential treatment to single riders since I’m usually at the parks by myself.)