Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it. 10 years is a long time in theme parks
I'm not saying "Hopefully Launch Bay is gone withing the next 10 years". I'm fairly certain they will get rid of it and force you into SWGE sooner than later. I'm talking about the building and land itself when I say 10 years.... and honestly that's just me being hopeful. It's taken DHS 10 years to build ANYTHING new.

I'm not saying "Hopefully Launch Bay is gone withing the next 10 years". I'm fairly certain they will get rid of it and force you into SWGE sooner than later. I'm talking about the building and land itself when I say 10 years.... and honestly that's just me being hopeful. It's taken DHS 10 years to build ANYTHING new.

I dunno. I could definitely see Launch Bay sticking around for meet and greets and the like, as well as the "museum" aspect. If it makes them money, they'll keep it around.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I noticed they painted TSM green to "blend" in with the trees on the berm facing TSM and TSL. I am loving the entrance rock work :jawdrop: I have no doubt this land will blow me away when I finally walk into it.

That wall was originally (based on the model), supposed to be a continuation of the brown fence that’s on the backside of TSM. They cut that from the budget apparently and just went with green paint. That’s the exit path of TSMM btw.

The biggest thing SW launch bay has going for it to where it might be gone sooner than 10 years is Universals 3rd Park. That might be enough for Disney to keep investing in DHS post-SWGE.

That wall was originally (based on the model), supposed to be a continuation of the brown fence that’s on the backside of TSM. They cut that from the budget apparently and just went with green paint. That’s the exit path of TSMM btw.
I'm not sure that was a budget cut as much as a sight line issue that they didn't want to have from SWGE.

The biggest thing SW launch bay has going for it to where it might be gone sooner than 10 years is Universals 3rd Park. That might be enough for Disney to keep investing in DHS post-SWGE.
There's the rumored IJ ride that keeps popping up. Supposedly management has finally caught on that DHS is going to be far too low on capacity for the attendance it is projected to have and they are pushing for that ride ASAP. I've heard as early as the 50th they want it for.

I'm thinking Launch Bay sticks around for a while, because the park still needs to:

Replace Mermaid
Replace BatB
Update Disney Jr.
Redevelop Echo Lake/ Replace Star Tours
Overhaul Fantasmic!

That's not to say that Launch Bay couldn't come before any of these, but Launch Bay also provides a nice (large) space to sell the merchandise and hold the meet 'n' greets that Imagineering wants to keep out of the land. I think it's going to become the Figment of Hollywood Studios (I.E., good enough for now).

I'm thinking Launch Bay sticks around for a while, because the park still needs to:

Replace Mermaid
Replace BatB
Update Disney Jr.
Redevelop Echo Lake/ Replace Star Tours
Overhaul Fantasmic!

That's not to say that Launch Bay couldn't come before any of these, but Launch Bay also provides a nice (large) space to sell the merchandise and hold the meet 'n' greets that Imagineering wants to keep out of the land. I think it's going to become the Figment of Hollywood Studios (I.E., good enough for now).
Many of those things could happen rather quickly if they wanted since you’re talking about theatrical entertainment and not rides in most cases on that list.

Also, Disney Jr simply needs to be ripped out. Along with Launch Bay. And Mermaid. Animation Courtyard needs to start from scratch.

ANYWAY... :topic:

Last edited:
Disney has stated plenty of times that Batuu is set in the new trilogy era so no there shouldn't be a Vader stomping around or anyone else pre TFA that isn't in the new movies.

Which is the HUGE fail of this land.

Those movies will stay relegated to the decades old Star Tours.

Reactions: belloq87
I dunno. I could definitely see Launch Bay sticking around for meet and greets and the like, as well as the "museum" aspect. If it makes them money, they'll keep it around.

It has to to keep the actual timeless Star Wars characters around. You know, like Darth freakin' Vader.

Why does it have to keep the timeless characters, SW has moved on we have a whole new trilogy, why should Disney have to stay in the past just because a small part of the fandom says it isn't SW unless Vader is stomping around etc.

Reactions: Eckert
Why does it have to keep the timeless characters, SW has moved on we have a whole new trilogy, why should Disney have to stay in the past just because a small part of the fandom says it isn't SW unless Vader is stomping around etc.

I don't think anybody is saying Disney should have to exclusively stay in the past.

However, it is an interesting choice for Disney to box themselves into the Sequel Trilogy era, which hasn't yet had time to really offer truly iconic elements (or at least as iconic as the characters and locations from the Original Trilogy). Kylo Ren's design in THE FORCE AWAKENS could have been that, but the movies have already ditched that look. Other than BB-8, what truly new iconography have the Disney SW movies brought to the table that can compare to the originals?

And that's not a value judgment. For the most part, I like the bulk of what Disney has been doing with its SW movies. They just don't have the iconic heft of the classics (yet), and leaning hard on the new movies seems to me to be a choice that is at least debatable.

I still expect the land and attractions to be very good (if not great).

Right now, Vader is the only Iconic Character that wouldn’t be in Batuu if this is new trilogy (and beyond) anyway. Vader is a big character to not have though.

R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewie, and even old Luke, Han and Leia if they really wanted.

I think it’s as simple as Disney wants the guests to focus on their movies and not the past.

GE still has iconic elements from the old Star Wars movies. Other than the elephant-in-the-room Millennium Falcon E-Ticket; Chewbacca is still in the new trilogy, there are going to be like a trillion Stormtroopers, and most of the ships used by the New Order are just recycled from the Empire.

Hell, maybe the OT characters show up as force ghosts throughout the land. :lol:

Hell, maybe the OT characters show up as force ghosts throughout the land. :lol:
I would love if they did something similar to the Jedi Training Academy, but did it more in the vein of Ollivanders. Something inside with some tech behind it (and a smaller group making for a more personal experience) could actually make force ghosts happen.

Well, at least Yoda.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
I would love if they did something similar to the Jedi Training Academy, but did it more in the vein of Ollivanders. Something inside with some tech behind it (and a smaller group making for a more personal experience) could actually make force ghosts happen.
Well, at least Yoda.
There is an episode of the Clone Wars series that features a group of younlings being brought to a cavern to find their kyber crystals that would later be used to create their lightsabers. Upon seeing it I thought that might make for a cool experience utilizing the magic band tech.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mike S
Which is the HUGE fail of this land.

Those movies will stay relegated to the decades old Star Tours.
After the *ahem* “passionate” response to TLJ I’d have to agree to an extent. I doubt the rides will have a similar reception though if the only direct references are the names “First Order” and “Resistance.”

I honestly think most people won't notice that it's set in the new trilogy. Even big fans may not notice because of characters like Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, etc around and the Falcon, ya know, having a ride (and being built to scale).

If the land is good enough people won't care. I don't necessarily have an opinion either way, but as long as the land is of quality that's all I really care about.