Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly think most people won't notice that it's set in the new trilogy. Even big fans may not notice because of characters like Chewie, R2-D2, C-3PO, etc around and the Falcon, ya know, having a ride (and being built to scale).

If the land is good enough people won't care. I don't necessarily have an opinion either way, but as long as the land is of quality that's all I really care about.

Yeah the big fans will be looking forward to the second tier characters. A meet n greet with the Emporer in his throne would have never had a line. Or the actual Cantina, or Jabbas Lair. Those things would suck.

Now, visiting a random bar, with Stormtroopers and unknown characters. THAT's a dream come true.

J

Right now, Vader is the only Iconic Character that wouldn’t be in Batuu if this is new trilogy (and beyond) anyway. Vader is a big character to not have though.

R2-D2, C-3PO, Chewie, and even old Luke, Han and Leia if they really wanted.

I think it’s as simple as Disney wants the guests to focus on their movies and not the past.

That have said GE takes place after Episode IX. We already know no OT main characters can be there, unless Leia is played by a new actress. Snoke is gone. Kylos mask is gone. Ther is NOTHING but the droids and Chewie (maybe).

Although a Boss Nass/Jar Jar and Storm Troopers FB764 and X745Q meet and greets would definitely garner hours long lines for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
That'd be cool if they finished off that nook and had a little preview area.
I think a ship is going in that nook for photo ops... X-Wing maybe? Is that a Star Wars ship? The good guys one.

EDIT: Actually I have no idea what nook you mean... But there is the model preview in One Man's Dream... which hopefully gets expanded after Toy Story Land opens and they swap out the TSL model.

Yeah the big fans will be looking forward to the second tier characters. A meet n greet with the Emporer in his throne would have never had a line. Or the actual Cantina, or Jabbas Lair. Those things would suck.

Now, visiting a random bar, with Stormtroopers and unknown characters. THAT's a dream come true.

J

That have said GE takes place after Episode IX. We already know no OT main characters can be there, unless Leia is played by a new actress. Snoke is gone. Kylos mask is gone. Ther is NOTHING but the droids and Chewie (maybe).

Although a Boss Nass/Jar Jar and Storm Troopers FB764 and X745Q meet and greets would definitely garner hours long lines for years.
They did meet ‘n’ greets (including the Emperor) for years at Star Wars Weekends. I’ll take the land over some actors posing in front of a painted flat all day long.

Also, GE is leading into the new trilogy, not trailing it.

I think a ship is going in that nook for photo ops... X-Wing maybe? Is that a Star Wars ship? The good guys one.

EDIT: Actually I have no idea what nook you mean... But there is the model preview in One Man's Dream... which hopefully gets expanded after Toy Story Land opens and they swap out the TSL model.
I'm saying if they put up a construction wall right here with some preview windows, and maybe a Hondo or Rex or something to interact with, for a photo op or that even talks about the land.
upload_2018-5-10_10-27-44.jpeg

Reactions: Disneyhead
They did meet ‘n’ greets (including the Emperor) for years at Star Wars Weekends. I’ll take the land over some actors posing in front of a painted flat all day long.

Also, GE is leading into the new trilogy, not trailing it.

No, it's been stated as post episode IX.

The Imagineers thought a brand new planet, pretty much outside of all Star Wars movies, would be a wonderful idea.

I think it was the worst idea they could have had.

And I would sure expect they could make a better photo op room for a permenant attraction than a month long money grab.

It has been said they very fact they Falcon is clearly in Galaxy's Edge is a spoiler of episode IX.

-J

Last edited:
Reactions: fryoj
I'm saying if they put up a construction wall right here with some preview windows, and maybe a Hondo or Rex or something to interact with, for a photo op or that even talks about the land.
View attachment 6681
That would be pretty cool, if not impractical. So much active construction going on it would pretty much be like being in a hard hat area.

No, it's been stated as post episode XI.

The Imagineers thought a brand new planet, pretty much outside of all Star Wars movies, would be a wonderful idea.

I think it was the worst idea they could have had.

And I would sure expect they could make a better photo op room for a permenant attraction than a month long money grab.

It has been said they very fact they Falcon is clearly in Galaxy's Edge is a spoiler of episode XI.

-J
Where? I’ve gone through all the announcement videos and there’s no mention of it taking place after the movies.

I’m inferring before/during because Hondo is working with Chewie (which lines up with the book coming out this fall, in which Han, Chewie, and Hondo work together on Batuu), Kylo has his mask, and the Resistance is actively recruiting out in the open (which they wouldn’t be doing if the First Order was in full control or completely destroyed).

You don’t have to like the planet choice, but that has nothing to do with meet ‘n’ greets, and the only character who can’t show up in some form is Vader. Even then, he’ll probably be in Launch Bay, since Kylo will be in the ride.

Again, where are you getting this from? I truly cannot find anything indicating it is set after the new trilogy ends. In fact, it’d be weird if it did, since at least one land will beat out the movie’s opening.

This sorta explains it. At best, it is timed between VIII and IX.

'Star Wars: Episode 9' Spoilers: New Stories Reveal the Falcon's Fate | Inverse

No question, the area has very little, if any, tie to any characters in the first six movies, beyond the droids and Chewie, and the Falcon.

Just a very odd choice. Tattooine would have been an infinitely better choice. Pandora being welll after the movie is fine, since there is no real single villain, or any character that matters. Star Wars isn't that way. And most of the popularity of the new ones still ties to the older characters.

And everyone seems to think Star Tours will be closed once GE opens. Which makes since, since it would just be a 25 year old, outdated simulator in the same park as state of the art Star Wars simulators.

Reactions: Jones14

No question, the area has very little, if any, tie to any characters in the first six movies, beyond the droids and Chewie, and the Falcon.

Just a very odd choice. Tattooine would have been an infinitely better choice. Pandora being welll after the movie is fine, since there is no real single villain, or any character that matters. Star Wars isn't that way. And most of the popularity of the new ones still ties to the older characters.

And everyone seems to think Star Tours will be closed once GE opens. Which makes since, since it would just be a 25 year old, outdated simulator in the same park as state of the art Star Wars simulators.
Star Tours will close, but not for potentially years after the land opens.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
It's reasonable since ST will be far from the new land. And maybe close to some other land comming (IJ for instance).

Between 8 and 9 does seem most likely after reading that. I don’t agree that Tatooine would have been a better choice, though. The locale just isn’t appealing for a theme park; in fact, its whole purpose in the movies is to be a boring wasteland that the hero wants to get away from. Squat, yellowish buildings and sand everywhere? I’m good.

I guess I’m just not concerned about which characters we see; I get my Vader fix in Rogue One and The Void in terms of him going ballistic, and he’s the only one from the OT who can’t appear that I’d be over the moon to see. Pushing the land back to the OT also takes away Luke (without some terrifying CGI usage), so you’d just be swapping one potential character for another.

It is one of the problems with Star Wars as a theme park land compared to Harry Potter is that there isn't that one central location. Regardless of whether you are primarily a fan of the Potter books, films, video games, or stage plays, prefer Goblet of Fire or Half Blood Prince, Hogwarts is there in each version of each story so every fan is excited to be there for 'real'.

Star Wars doesn't really have that, with each film, TV show, game, book, or comic, taking place on different worlds in different times. The most visited world on film is probably Tattoine, but as you say it is purposely awful and dull and all our heroes ever want to do is leave it, not a great sell, and even then we haven't spent anytime there in the movies since Ep. 2 which will be nearly 18 years old by the time this opens.

The closet thing to consistency is the ships so the rides appear to be based on the Millennium Falcon and a Star Destroyer, which makes sense. Star Wars land will no doubt be incredible and a great success but it still faces challenges that Potter didn't and the struggle to incapacitate such a vast series is one of them.

Reactions: captainmoch
Between 8 and 9 does seem most likely after reading that. I don’t agree that Tatooine would have been a better choice, though. The locale just isn’t appealing for a theme park; in fact, its whole purpose in the movies is to be a boring wasteland that the hero wants to get away from. Squat, yellowish buildings and sand everywhere? I’m good.

I guess I’m just not concerned about which characters we see; I get my Vader fix in Rogue One and The Void in terms of him going ballistic, and he’s the only one from the OT who can’t appear that I’d be over the moon to see. Pushing the land back to the OT also takes away Luke (without some terrifying CGI usage), so you’d just be swapping one potential character for another.
agreed a desert is not appealing
one of the issues ive always had with star wars is that ther are lots of environments to choose from but none are truly appealing and they have no depth

Seems like they're giving themselves a lot of breathing room by saying "late Fall" for WDW. It's really interesting how far apart this two lands are opening from each other.

Reactions: Joel