Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah 1984 hints is the next maze announced.
Hey... I speculated Trick r treat too... give me acknowledgement. Please? Lol I’m joking. Manics and I work together on a lot of our spec so he and I figured out one of Legacy’s hints (I think somewhere he or others said it was either shared, the next announcement, or both) so once we figured out what it was we used that to start connecting stuff to Trick r treat and 1984
I didn't say it was shared but just saw other people it is. But for those unconvinced look at it this way...

1. Trick 'r Treat is rumored to be the next maze announcement for Orlando by multiple Orlando sources.

2. Murdy says the Maze associated with "Terror in the Aisles/1984" which the codename is unknown is gonna be announced next.

3. Trick 'r Treat has been stated by the Original Leaked Lineup and by Multiple sources of both Orlando and Hollywood to be shared.

So meaning Trick 'r Treat is rumored to be shared and the next maze announcement. And Murdy says the codename is associated with the Maze that will be announced next.

In theory 1984 is the hint to the codename that is written on the treatment for the Maze that gives away the property which is probably Trick 'r Treat. So it could be a event, song, or something released or done in 1984 that has something that is very related and is a codename that gives away that it is Trick 'r Treat (Ex: Halloween, Sam, Rules).

Speculation over here and speculation over in Orlando have been completely different lately. On another note, is Halloween gonna be affected by potential spoilers?

Is Halloween even still in the picture?

Reading the Orlando side I think we are getting two different events this year with not as many shared as before. They say Halloween and The Thing are done as far as possibilities. The Thing I can see not happening (though I really want it to) but I can't see not having Halloween. Especially after Jason Blum said he loved the living trailer idea.

Is Halloween even still in the picture?

Reading the Orlando side I think we are getting to different events this year with not as many shared as before. They say Halloween and The Thing are done as far as possibilities. The Thing I can see not happening (though I really want it to) but I can't see not having Halloween. Especially after Jason Blum said he loved the living trailer idea.

Alex said in the other thread a while back that Thing was greenlit for Hollywood. And yeah aside from a few things I can’t see why no Halloween

Alex said in the other thread a while back that Thing was greenlit for Hollywood. And yeah aside from a few things I can’t see why no Halloween
I missed that.

Well if we are getting The Thing and by all spec Orlando isn't and Orlando is talking about having as many as 5 originals then it is possible Stranger Things and Trick r Treat are the only shared IPs.

Course that is assuming all speculation is correct.

Reactions: horrornights789
I missed that.

Well if we are getting The Thing and by all spec Orlando isn't and Orlando is talking about having as many as 5 originals then it is possible Stranger Things and Trick r Treat are the only shared IPs.

I’m still cautious to believe that most of their IP’s have been thrown out the window since recently I just can’t see Hollywood with 5 exclusives. They have said though that there is a secret house on their coast, my wishful thinking is that it’s IT and that it’s not cut for good

I missed that.

The thing I noticed is that Hollywood and Orlando are incredibly diverse this year.

Orlando is going for creativity this year with more Originals than IPs due to the massive success of Originals the past couple of years.

Hollywood (Us) are going for Powerhouses like AHS Asylum, Halloween, IT, The Thing, and Universal Monsters. Houses that seperate are strong but together make a fantastic lineup.

I’m still cautious to believe that most of their IP’s have been thrown out the window since recently I just can’t see Hollywood with 5 exclusives. They have said though that there is a secret house on their coast, my wishful thinking is that it’s IT and that it’s not cut for good
Their IPs haven't been thrown out the window. It's that false rumors have been spread around about those IPs. Everyone assumed that almost all of our houses would be shared as soon as the lineup leaked but now real and truthfully info is getting out for Orlando.

And the whole 5 exclusive thing is very possible we have years where we have shared very little (2015 TWD and Insidious, 2013 TWD and Evil Dead, 2011 The Thing). It can happen and has happened before.

Last edited:
I'd love it if we got all three of those IPs in one year.. that would be an ultimate "Moby Dick" IPs year similar to 2016 with The Exorcist and American Horror Story

If there were any year to beat 2016’s lineup I think it’s this year; if any of the Weinstein IP’s ever do free up I’d wonder if they’d also have to clear the rights to the Ghostface mask

Reactions: Horror Lover