Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bad Year for Theme Parks?

Jun 10, 2014
just noticing that a lot of things seem to be happening this year that might scare away theme park goers.Starting with Disney losing two of its heads.

nick-young-21816-usnews-ftr_c01g67hadi6r1ch9csofhflmd.png

Some years are really bad in terms of new attractions - 2015 is an example. This year is also shaping up to not be very good.

Luckily it seems the next one will be at least 4-5 years down the road.

This relates to this...discussion...

I’m at Universal today and fully expected low crowds....I was wrong...

The levels of people in these parks would lead me to assume it’s July...

I don’t understand...isn’t May supposed to be relatively quiet?

With the deals they're giving Florida residents and the new things they've added, people want to go! I know many Disney CMs who are always looking to trade their tickets for Disney tickets because "they have thrill rides and new stuff"

I'd say its a decent year for theme parks in Orlando.
SW getting something new for families.
WDW at least allowing DHS to start breathing.
UO is having an awkward year getting ready to expand and upgrade its current resort.

We got Simpsons 10 years ago at Universal and Midway Mania at DHS. That was exciting at the time.

Edit:

Haha. You beat me to it. But so true..
I stand corrected. I think of it as the dry period at IOA and Epcot. I usually don't count overlays of existing rides.

Attractions this year might not be the best, but they replace things that I wasn't riding so I consider them each a net plus.

Some years are really bad in terms of new attractions - 2015 is an example. This year is also shaping up to not be very good.

Luckily it seems the next one will be at least 4-5 years down the road.
This year is pretty good for new attractions outside of Orlando.

Every year has hits and misses depending on what your tastes are in theme park attractions. This seems to be a pretty good roller coaster year.