The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing with Poseidon is even when you don't want to ride it, in the rain, choosing it is a great option especially if there is a small wait before the show begins. Every single time I see a thunderstorm, people either huddle in Poseidon. It's long enough so when you're out, the storm is over.
Those tunnels though, they're so cold! Especially coming in from a storm, the AC was crazy cold the last time I was there.

Those tunnels though, they're so cold! Especially coming in from a storm, the AC was crazy cold the last time I was there.

Oh no, I forgot about that. It feels like Doctor Dooms, Poseidon, and Men in Black all have the freezing queues in the resort. I always wondered why Florida is so excessive on the A/C. In San Francisco, even when it hits 90 degrees here (we've had our heatwaves); A/C is very minimal. It's comfortable, but never enough for you to be aware that it's on (if that makes sense). I get that it's like 90 degrees with humidity in Florida, but Poseidon's Fury is a good example of the excessive A/C usage of Florida . >_<

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Info for those who haven't been to Poseidon's Fury or Sinbad for a few years....Even though Lost Continent may not survive more than a few more years, at least Universal is keeping the attractions in good shape.
* Last year Universal did a nice refurb on Poseidon's Fury. There were a few story line changes and they added some really nice laser shows to the rooms. They also fixed all the special effects that had been down, and they are once again very impressive fire and water practical effects. And the water tunnel works great. PF has one of the best show building facades in Orlando, it's queue is perfect theming to a classical temple, and it's air conditioning is a great relief to the Florida heat & humidity.
* Two years ago Universal refurbed the Sinbad show & set. Over time, many of the practical effects had become inactive or broken. Everything was in perfect working order last time we went. The special effects were again impressive. They also made substantial changes to the story line and dialogue. While it's still too corny, it's not nearly as corny as it used to be. The times we've viewed it, the crowd seemed entertained, laughing and clapping. And I never saw any more than a handful of people leave early. While the show is certainly not Disney show level, it's still a relaxing & entertaining way to spend part of the day.

Info for those who haven't been to Poseidon's Fury or Sinbad for a few years....Even though Lost Continent may not survive more than a few more years, at least Universal is keeping the attractions in good shape.
* Last year Universal did a nice refurb on Poseidon's Fury. There were a few story line changes and they added some really nice laser shows to the rooms. They also fixed all the special effects that had been down, and they are once again very impressive fire and water practical effects. And the water tunnel works great. PF has one of the best show building facades in Orlando, it's queue is perfect theming to a classical temple, and it's air conditioning is a great relief to the Florida heat & humidity.
* Two years ago Universal refurbed the Sinbad show & set. Over time, many of the practical effects had become inactive or broken. Everything was in perfect working order last time we went. The special effects were again impressive. They also made substantial changes to the story line and dialogue. While it's still too corny, it's not nearly as corny as it used to be. The times we've viewed it, the crowd seemed entertained, laughing and clapping. And I never saw any more than a handful of people leave early. While the show is certainly not Disney show level, it's still a relaxing & entertaining way to spend part of the day.

This is all good to hear!

I literally haven't seen Sinbad since 2004. Maybe I'll give it another go when I'm back there in the fall.

Reactions: tankart150

Awesome! S.O. and I are going to watch Sinbad next visit; it will be her first time seeing it!

Reactions: Mad Dog
i maybe one of the only ones who really like this show.So much so that i even have the original t-shirt.But i wish they would go back to the original version.

Not too unpopular. I think everyone pretty much agrees that when Poseidon has it's effects working, it's good. Is it really all that rerideable? eh, it's debatable. I love it personally

I recently took 8 people (in thier 20s) on a grand tour of both parks. We hit pretty much everything. For six of them Posiedon was their favorite ! The other two was FJ
The correct answer is Spiderman

In all seriousness, it goes to show that to remain competitive Universal must provide a variance of different types of experiences..Another reason I don't like their current screen trend