Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 217 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect I probably should have put my response in quotes, but what I meant by that is that it’s not as easy to simply move somewhere against budgetary/convenience concerns.

Reactions: JoeCamel
The Dr. Phillips area is one of the more desirable (and pricey) areas of Orlando. It was there before Universal (though it has grown since Universal was built). In fact some of the most expensive homes were built on former Universal land.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
The Dr. Phillips area is one of the more desirable (and pricey) areas of Orlando. It was there before Universal (though it has grown since Universal was built). In fact some of the most expensive homes were built on former Universal land.
#ThanksVivendi

Yeah, the whole neighbors debate is kind of a non issue...Universal has used it as an excuse, I feel, most of the time..

I would say the only real issue is that they are a bit landlocked because of their neigbors

The only hooting and hollering recently has been because of Volcano Bay

#ThanksVivendi

Yeah, the whole neighbors debate is kind of a non issue...Universal has used it as an excuse, I feel, most of the time..

I would say the only real issue is that they are a bit landlocked because of their neigbors

The only hooting and hollering recently has been because of Volcano Bay
Yeah, all that sulfur dioxide out of the volcano.......

Noise has nothing to do with closing times. It has to do with expected crowd levels. With 2 different Potter night shows IOA will be saying open later.

Maybe this could also signal potential evening extra hours for on-site guests that had been surveyed in the recent past.

Not always an option for budgets and there is still a reasonable level of sound residents should expect. I don't think anyone is expecting church quiet.

In retrospect I probably should have put my response in quotes, but what I meant by that is that it’s not as easy to simply move somewhere against budgetary/convenience concerns.

Lol- you two do realize that “budgetary concerns” for that area isn’t really a concern, right? It’s not like that’s the least expensive area in the universal city area- not by a long shot. In fact, they’re quite nice.
If anything, it’s because they have a little clout/money and can complain more to the city/county. If it were poor people there for “budgetary concerns”, as you put it- then neither Universal nor the city nor the county would give a damn.

And the fact that the neighbors have money is why Universal has to play by their rules more often than not.

With the new night parade at Universal Japan already becoming a crowd favorite and honestly probably the best night parade I have ever seen, it wouldn't surprise me if that is brought over to Orlando soon. Add on the new water show they are building right now and the projection show on the castle and they are finally setting themselves up for more nighttime crowds. The #1 reason the resort has been closing early for years is because they didn't offer anything at night so people would leave early. It's the same reason that Animal Kingdom closed early. Once a park has nighttime events, people will stick around for them. This new coaster seems like it will be better at night which gives people another reason to stay.

Bringing the conversation back...kind of..

I hope they blend the scenes well in regards to the indoor portions not being set at night.

It will be so crappy for a daytime ride. My assumption is all of our indoor scenes will reside in caves or under dense dense forest if they need to darken the scene

Reactions: Scott W.
Bringing the conversation back...kind of..

I hope they blend the scenes well in regards to the indoor portions not being set at night.

It will be so crappy for a daytime ride. My assumption is all of our indoor scenes will reside in caves or under dense dense forest if they need to darken the scene
First indoor scene will have us entering an actual building, so no need to create a good transition. 2nd will be a cave (I think,) and 3rd will have very well themed transitional elements during the swirl track segment before entering.

I've been thinking a lot about this ride, sketching about it, talking about it... Needless to say, I'm excited. I've heard details here and there, and the levels and layers of theming will really take the ride to another level. This isn't anything Alicia hasn't stated already, but I just want to reinforce that this ride will really take Universal's repertoire for rides to another level.

I am very interested in the queue's design, of which we know little besides that it will be a natural entrance into some caves of sorts. This is slightly inconsistent from what I've heard, so I am just intrigued. I love good queues as much as the ride, if not a little more.

At this point, I just want some semblance of a storyline and maybe a piece of concept art, but I'm guessing we'll only get something after HHN's over, or at least after the lineup is fully announced. For now, these aerial shots are fueling my creative juices lol.

Reactions: Doug A. and Quint
Status
Not open for further replies.