Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 345 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there you have it. I had no idea that you once worked at the park. Oooooh, perhaps you still do... a deep informant! :sneaky:
Nah, I worked from 2000 to 2003, right out of high school. Did Jaws for two years and then Express (back when it was free with kiosks) for a year. I also worked every attraction at the park at least once, including spieling at Kongfrontation, and even worked Dueling Dragons over at IOA every once in awhile... So, that's part of how I have such a good understanding of the resort.

Of course, my first job at 16 was as a Jungle Cruise skipper over at Disney. I used to tell people I had a knack for pretending to steer boats on tracks while pointing at robot animals, considering those were my first two jobs.

Nah, I worked from 2000 to 2003, right out of high school. Did Jaws for two years and then Express (back when it was free with kiosks) for a year. I also worked every attraction at the park at least once, including spieling at Kongfrontation, and even worked Dueling Dragons over at IOA every once in awhile... So, that's part of how I have such a good understanding of the resort.

Of course, my first job at 16 was as a Jungle Cruise skipper over at Disney. I used to tell people I had a knack for pretending to steer boats on tracks while pointing at robot animals, considering those were my first two jobs.

Actually, that sounds like the best job experiences that a person could get.

As in tearing it down and opening up the boat ride...? A man can dream.
I would love to see the boat ride back if it was a full circuit around the Lagoon.

Boat.jpg

After Camp Jurassic/Pteronodon Flyers is refreshed I expect a lot to happen around the land fast. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost our last arch. The entry near Hogwarts could be moved in while they’re re-theming it to Jurassic World, so no more castle viewable through the arch sight line problems.

Expect the bypass bridge to come back to life during this time. I have heard they’ve struggled to get that bridge gate near Discovery Center open recently, so that leads me to believe the bridge is coming back during construction.

After Camp Jurassic/Pteronodon Flyers is refreshed I expect a lot to happen around the land fast. Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost our last arch. The entry near Hogwarts could be moved in while they’re re-theming it to Jurassic World, so no more castle viewable through the arch sight line problems.

Expect the bypass bridge to come back to life during this time. I have heard they’ve struggled to get that bridge gate near Discovery Center open recently, so that leads me to believe the bridge is coming back during construction.
Is the assumption that the Bypass bridge isn't open recently? Because I used it to go around the queue for Nighttime Lights in Hogsmeade this past Saturday. I hope when the area gets rethemed to Jurassic World we get two or three new arches.

Is the assumption that the Bypass bridge isn't open recently? Because I used it to go around the queue for Nighttime Lights in Hogsmeade this past Saturday.
Maybe it's only been opening at night when the show is going on. Always closed during the day when I am there.

Highly highly highly doubt that. With the new modern wood slat style shops, a movie theater and Margaritaville, CityWalk is already a fine JW main street as it is lol.

EDIT: OMG I know a great replacement for Emeril's! Winston's Steak House!

View attachment 6718

View attachment 6719
Hi there Winston monkey.

I hope tht Jurassic World 2 flops so they will think twice about making the area Jurassic World. Like the hipster guy in Jurassic World says, the original was so legit.

Yeah it's not flopping, I've been seeing positive things from early screenings and previews on twitter and stuff
Yeah I'm not expecting it to, but I would like it to. JW is just underwhelming, but at least 2 won't have that kid from iron man 3. That kid sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.