Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Went last weekend for the first time since right before fall.

It was nice to see the park finally complete (other than the new cabana additions).

I still hate the lazy river's final look, or at least how it looks nothing like the concept art.

BTW - They did get rid of the garden string lights that went up the Volcano staircase.

Went last weekend for the first time since right before fall.

It was nice to see the park finally complete (other than the new cabana additions).

I still hate the lazy river's final look, or at least how it looks nothing like the concept art.

BTW - They did get rid of the garden string lights that went up the Volcano staircase.
Did they replace the lights with anything?

I just went back again today, used the early park access and got in around 9am. I got to ride Krakatau three times in a row and had no wait. That ride is amazing, the best water slide/ride I’ve ever been on.
Agreed.

Not that I saw - so it leads me to a couple of things.

1. They removed the lights because they finally finished the lighting inside the volcano/stairs.
2. BUT We'll probably never see it anytime soon since the park closes before the needs of said lighting. :lol:
The universal website is currently showing Volcano Bay as having a 9 pm closing for basically all of June and July so there might be chance it gets seen...

Crowds are now similar to other local water parks - busy during peak seasons and slower in non-peak - so overall more manageable now that it's almost a year old. :)

I noticed a few things this week:
- There are new signs above each of the restroom & locker areas, indicating that they are indeed restrooms and lockers and the name of the location.
- There seem to be more cabanas (??) being built. Seeing a lot of roofed areas scattered around the park.
- Quinoa edamame burger has been changed to a black bean burger.
- More sidewalks have been added, esp. in areas where it was primarily sand.
- An additional (outdoor) shower near Krakatau.

Crowds are now similar to other local water parks - busy during peak seasons and slower in non-peak - so overall more manageable now that it's almost a year old. :)

I noticed a few things this week:
- There are new signs above each of the restroom & locker areas, indicating that they are indeed restrooms and lockers and the name of the location.
- There seem to be more cabanas (??) being built. Seeing a lot of roofed areas scattered around the park.
- Quinoa edamame burger has been changed to a black bean burger.
- More sidewalks have been added, esp. in areas where it was primarily sand.
- An additional (outdoor) shower near Krakatau.
Thanks for the update. I believe some of the newer cabana like structures will be open covered seating/public spaces and not more private cabanas. We shall see if that ends up being true though.

Thanks for the update. I believe some of the newer cabana like structures will be open covered seating/public spaces and not more private cabanas. We shall see if that ends up being true though.

No problem! :) I was thinking that could be the case, too. I studied the roofs of the current cabanas, and the new structures seem to have different type of roofs. We shall see, indeed!

Why would you build a free product that competes with something you sell? That makes no sense. I think they're just adding more cabanas to sell.

Why would you build a free product that competes with something you sell? That makes no sense. I think they're just adding more cabanas to sell.
Benches with roofs are not the same as private cabanas with comfy cushion seating, fridge, fans, remote tapu, fruit bowl, etc. I don’t know if what I heard is true or not, but I don’t believe these are being built the same as the cabanas, more like smaller version of the covered areas by the restaurant.

Benches with roofs are not the same as private cabanas with comfy cushion seating, fridge, fans, remote tapu, fruit bowl, etc. I don’t know if what I heard is true or not, but I don’t believe these are being built the same as the cabanas, more like smaller version of the covered areas by the restaurant.
What happens when all the hotel early entry guests rush to these in the morning claiming the benches with their belongings and no one else can use them for the entire day?

What happens when all the hotel early entry guests rush to these in the morning claiming the benches with their belongings and no one else can use them for the entire day?
Same thing that happens to the best seats on the beach that aren't reserved for preferred seating I suppose. Although, not sure people reserve tables all day under the covered seating by the front restaurant, which is more akin to these.

These are bigger spaces than private cabanas, and according to Bio they may be able to rented out to groups, kinda like covered areas at your local park... but most of the time they'll probably be open for public use, like a covered picnic area at a local park.

Any aerial updates on the expansion pad? Anything happening over there?

Just saw the TEA/AECOM numbers....1.5 million guests in the first year for Volcano Bay! That's a LOT for only being open for roughly half the year! Better get started on that expansion ASAP!

I’m heading in tomorrow morning at opening. I’m going to have a backpack with me. Where’s the best place to put my stuff anticipating rain? Should I pay for a locker, or is there a specific place that’ll keep my belongs safe (I have a travel lock on my bag) and dry?

I’m heading in tomorrow morning at opening. I’m going to have a backpack with me. Where’s the best place to put my stuff anticipating rain? Should I pay for a locker, or is there a specific place that’ll keep my belongs safe (I have a travel lock on my bag) and dry?

If paying for a locker - there are three locker areas. For speed I recommend Wave Village. When you enter is around to your right (right of the Volcano). They are quickest to get to, to store your backpack and crucially is next to-ish Kokiro body slide entrance and Krakatoa coaster entrance!

Wave Village lockers were empty for on-site hotel early entry time, though may be busy for general public opening time.

Others recommend the lockers at the far back as quieter, tho in my experience were not accessible at early park access and also you lose time getting over there...

Can’t comment re simply leaving your backpack on a chair...

Have a great time