Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Quest-style arcade to Universal?

May 13, 2018
Florida
The Arcade can include games and attractions based on movie characters with new technology,The New arcade can be in Citywalk,The Arcade can include VR games.

Last edited:
I could see something like the Void coming, this would be a great fit:

I think the classic arcade setup is dead though.

In the greater Orlando area the Pinball Lounge has two locations.

ThePinballLounge.com - Home
I LOVE THAT PLACE!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Have you been?

I remember @Coast mentioning that on Twitter, from one of his contacts of a possible JW/JP VR oriented experience, but it wasn't sure if it was from the guys who did Repository.

__

I think, we will not see a Arcade in the terms of various games around every nook and cranny. But, I do think it'd be an interesting thought to see something more interactive and personal come into play, and not like an escape room or VR experience.

Say what you will about Repository, but I do think there can be a great potential for Universal to tackle an up-charge interactive play that people can participate in. It'd be a change, and allows you to be apart of something larger, with actors, actresses, and special effects being able to be used.

At this point, Dave + Busters have proven that you can have a successful arcade.

Dave + Busters’ relies on two big factors at this point: a large restaurant with alcohol and a constant stream of new, trendy games.

DisneyQuest never relied heavily on food. Their food court looked really sad.

DisneyQuest also never had new games. Dave and Busters makes a big deal of getting new trendy games. They've advertised a Luigi’s Mansion game, a Star Wars VR game, and some other big, flashy games recently. Walk into any D + B and you won’t find a game not based on a recent movie or mobile app.

Universal could totally have a successful arcade. It just needs to be admission-free, have a restaurant, and have a stream of new games.

I’m not convinced Universal could keep an arcade up-to-date though. They’re not an arcade company. If a D+B or similar came into CW (please no, I like unique things!), it could be a success.

I LOVE THAT PLACE!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
Have you been?
Not yet. Just learned about it recently.

That would be great, but I’d assume Void’s presence at Disney Springs would preclude that. And their closest competitor Zero Latency isn’t doing great at Pointe Orlando afaik.