(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not a Potterhead. Basically what I know of Potter comes from what I've seen at Universal. And just this year have I bothered to watch the movies. But the quality, entertainment value, sheer beauty, and pure immersion of the Potter lands is something I want more of. It's that excellent. The more Potter quality lands/attractions, the better. Universal does it's best work when they're under the pressure of Warner & Rowling.

If you ever read the books, you'll be even more impressed with the details that are there from the books. That's a huge reason for the success of the areas.

I have been thinking, if suddenly this was placed on the front burner, as mentioned by Disneyhead, could this be because of the decision to move Nintendo to the new park. Also, is it still on the front burner? Could this be for 2020, so back to back Potter additions?

I have been thinking, if suddenly this was placed on the front burner, as mentioned by Disneyhead, could this be because of the decision to move Nintendo to the new park. Also, is it still on the front burner? Could this be for 2020, so back to back Potter additions?
Seems it may have been part of that entire scenario. Dave has said that info now has gone dark and he's unsure of where it stands at this moment. Will it go into USF, the new park, or whatever? Seems there's no solid info at this point in time. Keep an eye on what happens to FFL in the next 6 to 8 months. That may be a indication what direction this takes.

Reactions: anihilnation
Seems it may have been part of that entire scenario. Dave has said that info now has gone dark and he's unsure of where it stands at this moment. Will it go into USF, the new park, or whatever? Seems there's no solid info at this point in time. Keep an eye on what happens to FFL in the next 6 to 8 months. That may be a indication what direction this takes.
As always, we'll see what happens after HHN :bored:

It's definitely not for 2020, IMO. JP is the big focus for that year, seemingly. I'd say it's possible MoM will take Nintendo's spot for 2021

It’s still possible for two new attractions to open in the same year. Fallon and Volcano Bay is a prime example of what can happen.

It looks like Disney isn’t opening anything significant in 2020 (not including Rat). Universal should capitalize.

General consensus is even if the work was started now it would not be ready for 2020. If there is a 2020 project in USO my best guess is secret life of pets replacing Shrek.

General consensus is even if the work was started now it would not be ready for 2020. If there is a 2020 project in USO my best guess is secret life of pets replacing Shrek.

This is most likely not going to be a full land, just a ride or extreme walkthrough attraction. They still have two years to build this. The Dragon Challenge replacement has the same timeline.

We shouldn’t count 2020 out just yet.

Edit: Fixed typo

Yeah, makes sense time line wise too. Kind of a late start to complete a Potter quality level area before 2021.

I wouldn't say so, DC didn't close until September 2017 and the new coaster is expected to open summer 2019.

Diagon Alley took 30 months from Jaws closing.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think MOM will require at least one large indoor building, if not some smaller ones too. . Outdoor coasters are quicker projects.

True but they managed to demolish Jaws and have the show building up for Gringotts in under 10 months and FFL should be an easy demo job plus the area is only about 2 acres compared to Diagon and DC's 6.

I'm not saying it's going to happen because it's highly unlikely but it is possible.

True but they managed to demolish Jaws and have the show building up for Gringotts in under 10 months and FFL should be an easy demo job plus the area is only about 2 acres compared to Diagon and DC's 6.

I'm not saying it's going to happen because it's highly unlikely but it is possible.
Anything is possible, but as you said, it's unlikely.

Reactions: Scott W.
Hogsmeade 2010 Diagon Alley 2014 New Coaster Summer 2019 MoM 2021. To me, it seems possible that they will push it back more. Being that they wait 4 years at least between Potter expansions. I imagine they said to each other okay do we fix DC or Fear Factor. Being that DC was going downhill and it ruined the sightlines they probably went with that. But before this, I think MoM was the front-runner. Again maybe 2021 so they can compete with Disney. Maybe whatever the MoM ride is it will be better than the coaster.

Hogsmeade 2010 Diagon Alley 2014 New Coaster Summer 2019 MoM 2021. To me, it seems possible that they will push it back more. Being that they wait 4 years at least between Potter expansions. I imagine they said to each other okay do we fix DC or Fear Factor. Being that DC was going downhill and it ruined the sightlines they probably went with that. But before this, I think MoM was the front-runner. Again maybe 2021 so they can compete with Disney. Maybe whatever the MoM ride is it will be better than the coaster.
I still don’t understand what people mean by “DC was going downhill.” It was closed because of less public interest and because of its breaking of immersion, but they were still great coasters.