Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, Jusassic World currently boasts a 8.2/10 score on IMDB, is getting good early reactions, and is predicted to make bank at the box office.

A lot of people are saying it’s a lot better than the first JW, and thank God for that.
Thank god Jurassic isn’t going down the same path as Star Wars. Are these fans or “professional reviewers?”

Thank god Jurassic isn’t going down the same path as Star Wars. Are these fans or “professional reviewers?”

My biggest issue with JP as an IP is that there is only so many stories than can be told. Star Wars doesn't have this issue but Disney aren't use the material well.

Reactions: Mike S
My biggest issue with JP as an IP is that there is only so many stories than can be told. Star Wars doesn't have this issue but Disney aren't use the material well.

I'm going to touch this quickly.

Marvel Studios, has done great work with the material they are using, being bold yet faithful to what they have done for the characters and worlds they are telling.

The problem Star Wars has, is the leadership. Honestly, and I love what Kathleen has done as a film-fan, but she is not fit to lead Star Wars. There are writers, producers, and directors that I would argue deserve that position more, as it can become a Marvel Studios, if done properly.

It's why I insist on that Dave Filoni has done amazing with Animation as he respects the franchise enough to give it unique and exciting additions.

That said, does this discussion REALLY need to be on a thread oriented on expansion of the Islands of Adventure Jurassic thread? Like, sincerely?

I'm going to touch this quickly.

Marvel Studios, has done great work with the material they are using, being bold yet faithful to what they have done for the characters and worlds they are telling.

The problem Star Wars has, is the leadership. Honestly, and I love what Kathleen has done as a film-fan, but she is not fit to lead Star Wars. There are writers, producers, and directors that I would argue deserve that position more, as it can become a Marvel Studios, if done properly.

It's why I insist on that Dave Filoni has done amazing with Animation as he respects the franchise enough to give it unique and exciting additions.

That said, does this discussion REALLY need to be on a thread oriented on expansion of the Islands of Adventure Jurassic thread? Like, sincerely?

There is relevance here. Star Wars and Jurassic Park are both films that have been revived over the past few years but Star Wars is a lot more open ended with where it can go from here but Jurassic World is far more linear and potentially repetitive. Having said that, if the new Jurassic World bombs, do Universal go ahead and convert Jurassic Park in IOA to Jurassic World?

There is relevance here. Star Wars and Jurassic Park are both films that have been revived over the past few years but Star Wars is a lot more open ended with where it can go from here but Jurassic World is far more linear and potentially repetitive. Having said that, if the new Jurassic World bombs, do Universal go ahead and convert Jurassic Park in IOA to Jurassic World?

I think the answer comes straight when you look at Universal Hollywood, and they could've waited until after the film's critical and financial results to announce it (because at the end of the day, the ride would've gotten something radically changed there, due to the shape). Yet, they took the leap and announced their massive overhaul practically day's before their 25th Anniversary celebration of JP.

Beijing also seems very committed to Jurassic World, or else we wouldn't be seeing that appear in the leaked photos.

It makes sense to use World, if done effectively. And if it is happening, which it is seeming to be, they know what they are dealing with and that they feel confident in that they can bring it without much issues.

That said, I am betting that if they are doing anything first, it's the River Adventure overlay (R&D on both Hollywood and Orlando to lower costs).

Reactions: Mike S
Good. I trust fans more now. They’re not paid to watch the movies.

Star Wars is the exception rather than the rule from its fandom actually being very hyper-critical. I trust almost no fandom quite frankly.

I can list quite a few other forms of fandom that actually have very little insight or ability to critique anything about what they love. From DC, to pixie duster to video game companies.

Critics are able to mostly objectively reflect the product. Fans are able to reflect what like-minded fans will think. All well and good if you are a like minded fan I suppose... Including Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.