Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is Universal Orlando we're talking about. They will announce the Jurassic World / New Ride details July 2020, three days before it opens.

True. I had just saw a JW TV spot and it got me excited for both the movie and this new expansion. I was thinking about the JW overlay (or potential that is) for River Adevnture and I remember reading a post about a Mosassaur AA. I think a cool spot for it could be as you are turning into the Raptor containment area and you see it pop out in the distance. Would love to see updated AAs.

I’m surprised this potential coaster would go over the water. I didn’t think Universal would want to mess with that aesthetic. I also so posts about adding the Mosassaur AA to the lagoon but I just don’t see it

Reactions: Delta
True. I had just saw a JW TV spot and it got me excited for both the movie and this new expansion. I was thinking about the JW overlay (or potential that is) for River Adevnture and I remember reading a post about a Mosassaur AA. I think a cool spot for it could be as you are turning into the Raptor containment area and you see it pop out in the distance. Would love to see updated AAs.

I’m surprised this potential coaster would go over the water. I didn’t think Universal would want to mess with that aesthetic. I also so posts about adding the Mosassaur AA to the lagoon but I just don’t see it
The only spot that makes sense on the current ride is putting the Mosasaur in the Ultrasaur lagoon. No other part of the river is believably big enough to hold it.

Has anyone heard a timetable for the new Raptor Encounter site?

Food for thought, what if Universal Orlando just takes a page from Hollywood, and that they could just use the new Raptor molds debuted with Blue at Hollywood for a walk-around model?

It would certainly clear up any possible issues for Raptor Encounter and the construction site, especially if they want to redo that Discovery Center completely.

To add to the discussion about a new coaster, the reason Universal needs a big time thrill coaster in JP is that they need to keep being able to offer something Disney doesn't. When they had Hulk and Dragons, combined with very immersive dark rides, it represented a nice mix of Disney and SW/BG.

If I were to get nastalgic about IOA, it would be seeing guest drawn to head left by the (natural) roar of the Hulk. I feel the reverb killed that.

Being so close to HP, I’m not sure a JP coaster could do something like that, but I think it would be way on theme if they found a way to have some sort of Dino roar coming from the woods while a coaster flys by.

Reactions: LJGonz
If I were to get nastalgic about IOA, it would be seeing guest drawn to head left by the (natural) roar of the Hulk. I feel the reverb killed that.

Being so close to HP, I’m not sure a JP coaster could do something like that, but I think it would be way on theme if they found a way to have some sort of Dino roar coming from the woods while a coaster flys by.
I'd rather a coaster in JP not have a "roar," I want the experience from walkways to be more like BGT's Cheetah Hunt.

So the concepts we heard about for the JP coaster over the years were amber mines, raptor themed... any other concepts out there that we know about that might be what they're moving forward with?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
So the concepts we heard about for the JP coaster over the years were amber mines, raptor themed... any other concepts out there that we know about that might be what they're moving forward with?

Signs seem to be pointing to it not being particularly themed to anything, outside of whatever it ends up being named.

Status
Not open for further replies.