Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 365 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're two different beasts. HP coaster is meant to be an answer to Disney's highly themed mountain rides (sans the mountain) while the JP coaster is meant to be a more traditional thrill coaster. At least that's what I gather.

That would make sense. They're replacing two thrill coasters with one ultra themed coaster and a thrill coaster. Keeps everybody happy.

Hopefully the thrill coaster is better than the last one they built!

(God I hope it’s RMC)

RMC having their first T Rex track being a Jurassic Park coaster seems too perfect.

In graphic design, it's crazy how often a business will pick a font because it has the same name as their business. There's a coffee shop near me called Cooper's that uses cooper black for example.

If it weren’t for Manta down the road a B&M flier (FD clone) would be a shoe-in. I would be very happy with an RMC.

Last edited:
The very real threat to Universal here is that Potter is shaping up to be a truly groundbreaking and excellent coaster which will set the bar very high for this JP coaster.

You wonder if during the development of the HP coaster, they thought that certain elements would work equally well for a JP coaster and thought why not build two?
This coaster will likely open along with the JPRA refurb and the rebranding to JW. That should take a lot of pressure off the new coaster to be as good as the one in hogsmeade.

If Jurassic World opens to huge numbers in a few weeks, can we expect an announcement on the details on this to capitalize on the movie? I don’t know what to expect in terms of box office for Fallen Kingdom. I for one, can’t wait. JP is one of my favorite movies and I actually really liked JW.

I can’t imagine this bombing. I’m not expecting JW numbers but I think anything less than 100 million opening weekend is a disappointment

Reactions: Delta and Tyc00n96
What if they built a small lagoon and cave section in the current Triceratops plot, connected it to Camp Jurassic, and put the coaster through there? That would look awesome, especially if the coaster is green.

If Jurassic World opens to huge numbers in a few weeks, can we expect an announcement on the details on this to capitalize on the movie?

Nah. not when it's not gonna open for another 2 years.

I can’t imagine this bombing.

I'm sure Disney thought the same thing about SOLO.

What if they built a small lagoon and cave section in the current Triceratops plot, connected it to Camp Jurassic, and put the coaster through there? That would look awesome, especially if the coaster is green.

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean have the coaster travel through Camp Jurassic? If so, no chance. There's nowhere to put track through CJ

My only hope for this is that it isn't as hideous, intrusive, or uninspired as the The Flying Dinosaur at Universal Japan. I'm perfectly fine with an actual thrill coaster to balance out the loss of Dragon Challenge but please don't let it be like The Flying Dinosaur. I still think it's a little odd that we're getting a coaster in 2019 and then another coaster in 2020 in the same park and right next door to each other but if it's good, it's good and I'm not one of those pixy-dusters that thinks coasters can't coexist in a theme park setting. It's all about balance and variety.
That’s all I want as well.

Reactions: Joel
Low-Key, I am wondering if they may try to keep one of the rooms of Trike Encounter standing for a last horrah, and then announcing a Two-Year Jurassic project with the first project being the River Adventure revamp for 2019.
I doubt the Trike Encounter is still operable at this point.

My guess is they’ll debut Blue here and maybe hint at upcoming changes, at the very most.

Status
Not open for further replies.