Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree a bit. IOA has always been lacking nice, air conditioned, calm experiences. Pretty much every attraction is either A.) outdoors B.) thrilling, or usually both.

The only exception I can think of is Poseidon's Fury. (I would count Sinbad as partially outdoors). I suppose the Hogwart's Express also counts, but it's not strictly within IOA

The Discovery Center could use some upgrades, to be sure, but it is a fun area to get out of the heat and has some kinda? educational aspects to it.
They still need to tear it down an re-do it. It doesnt have to be anything outside necessarily but because of Jurassic World it could start to feel out of place or un-refreshed much like Jurassic Park River Adventure

Hey, they could put in a launch tunnel like a dinosaurs neck and have the coaster come out the mouth with a loud "ROAR" :eek:O:

In all seriousness, however, with all the immersive work they are doing on other attractions this seems like a quick and dirty fill-in that could really mess with the cool tropical sightline in that area.
I have the feeling this will come off as a HRRR type install which, while its a good coaster IMHO, takes away from the theming of the areas it runs through.

I think HRRR looks great where it’s at. I don’t hate the sightlines at all- I actually think it adds to the area.

I also don’t understand why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that this will Be unthemed. If it’s something themed in the same scale as a bigger Hippogtiff, that’s more than fine andcwont break immersion.

Yea, I'm gonna be honest, I don't get the love for the Discovery Center. Outside of the Raptor Hatching area, it's like a 1990s museum exhibit down there. And even the Raptor Hatching area could use a significant tech upgrade
I don't get it either. I could maybe understand the nostalgia if you visited it as a kid but it looks incredibly tired and dated.
Who loves or defends Discovery Center in its current state?
Anyone you were referring to? I must have missed it.
Doesn’t everyone think it pretty much sucks inside?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I think HRRR looks great where it’s at. I don’t hate the sightlines at all- I actually think it adds to the area.

I also don’t understand why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that this will Be unthemed. If it’s something themed in the same scale as a bigger Hippogtiff, that’s more than fine andcwont break immersion.

I’m not really aiming that anybody here but it does seem generally well liked. Last time I was in it, all the kids seemed to be having a great time.

Crazy thought...

What if it's gonna be Universal's first take on a VR coaster, and it's a gyrosphere ride, and the climax has you falling off a cliff like the trailers for the new movie. That would allow you to look around and see dinos along the ride, even if it's a bare bones unthemed coaster. Just throwing it out there.

fallen.jpg

Addendum: I realize VR coasters are slow loading, may only be a fad, etc etc... I just wish this was gonna be a gyrosphere ride, in some way. I mean, if you're gonna do the JW thing, you gotta include it somehow.

I see people all the time saying “Don’t touch the DC!” Personally they can level it for all I care
Crazy thought...

What if it's gonna be Universal's first take on a VR coaster, and it's a gyrosphere ride, and the climax has you falling off a cliff like the trailers for the new movie. That would allow you to look around and see dinos along the ride, even if it's a bare bones unthemed coaster. Just throwing it out there.

View attachment 6800

Addendum: I realize VR coasters are slow loading, may only be a fad, etc etc... I just wish this was gonna be a gyrosphere ride, in some way. I mean, if you're gonna do the JW thing, you gotta include it somehow.

No. No VR.

Besides, if I can’t get a Jeep ride, y’all will have to deal with not having a gyrosphere lol

Crazy thought...

View attachment 6800

:puke:

VR is as close to dead as it can get. Just about a fail, or a soon to fail, at just about anywhere it's been introduced. It's kind of gone the way of 8 Track stereos already, except for a last gasp innovation try at BGW on an old simulator. .

Reactions: Teebin
Not going to happen, but it would be cool to have a huge Dino AA in the lagoon water where the coaster approaches closely. The Dino roars and makes a move at the coaster car. Could be iconic like the Gringotts' dragon is in Diagon, being able to see it attack from various vantage points around the lagoon.

if they could utilize 4k or 8k vr on a rollercoaster that would be cool. I don't think anyone has the power do that on a rollercoaster right now though. Maybe in 3 years.

if they could utilize 4k or 8k vr on a rollercoaster that would be cool. I don't think anyone has the power do that on a rollercoaster right now though. Maybe in 3 years.
The biggest issue is power. You could fit the computers on a roller coaster train car, but they would be computers, not mobile phones. They would require a lot of power. Batteries are big and heavy, so that wouldn't work.

If you wanted to go crazy, you could run power through the coaster track. It would have to be a purpose-built VR coaster though.

The biggest issue is power. You could fit the computers on a roller coaster train car, but they would be computers, not mobile phones. They would require a lot of power. Batteries are big and heavy, so that wouldn't work.

If you wanted to go crazy, you could run power through the coaster track. It would have to be a purpose-built VR coaster though.
Yep, another problem with vr is very small capacity and Universal loves capacity so I don't see it happening.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.