Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A light rail system totally feasable. Ala Denver. Would be good for Orlando. How much a public project would cater to the themepark holdings is debatable.

A light rail system totally feasable. Ala Denver. Would be good for Orlando. How much a public project would cater to the themepark holdings is debatable.
They’re trying to get a light rail between I drive and the airport up and running. Maybe they could extend it to service UOR three campuses?

A monorail all the way to Disney would be highly unfeasible...I know Disney doesn't want it, but I wonder where the county steps in and says "no, we're doing this"
Should remember that a real being built from the airport to International Drive includes FDOT. Unless a real goes down Sand Lake Road like some proposals have offered anything dealing with the beach line or State Road 528 is going to include f. And Orange County until you get to actuale airport grounds for that city of Orlando.
I don't think Disney has that leverage our anymore especially since International Drive really is becoming more of a definition of its own also with the Orange County Convention Center having its Millions less visitors every year Disney will not have much facial and a connector between the airport and the Orange County Convention Center that will be purely County and FDOT.

I also do not see them having light rail as a connection but it is possible and probably the route they wind up going. The mag love was probably never serious but it always was more realistic because Orlando always likes the fancy things but maybe they realize that having a light rail will probably be the best solution for capacity and numbers lies and still not be too much per mile to build.

There are cases where light rail cost more per mile than one available and or heavy roll but that is not very common or frequent and I don't foresee heavy real coming to a place like Orlando although it could probably work more than we know but with the beachline also getting the toll roads inside of it it lets me know that the car is still the most important thing so even if a rail does come it's going to be like a second thought type of rail

Mearss operates a lot of taxis.

I always urge visitors who come while I'm driving for Lyft to use Lyft or Uber as opposed to taxis here in Orlando
It is in a long while but I have found the Mears shuttles in Las Vegas to and from the hotels to be a great value, certainly much better than the taxis. Admittedly, this was before Uber and Lyft

I always use the taxis. Zero wait. $50 bucks. Cram as many as you want in there. And they will stop at stores for you. Always a nice SUV or towncar. Not the tiny cabs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.