E3 2018 | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

E3 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve played hours upon hours of Metroid Prime Trilogy and other non flailing Wii games. You don’t have to hold up your arms. Simply moving my hand around with my arm rested worked fine.
I'll probably try out a Prime game soon enough, I've heard good things.

E3 is super meh so far. Outside of Shadows Die Twice and Fallout I’m pretty ambivalent to what’s been shown. Definitely don’t get the hype for Xbox’s showing when, outside of their normal boring exclusives they always have, they just showed off multi platform games.

Hopefully Sony and Nintendo bring the heat, but I’m not holding my breath.

That Starfield “teaser” very well might be the most disappointing teaser in E3 history

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua Porter
E3 is super meh so far. Outside of Shadows Die Twice and Fallout I’m pretty ambivalent to what’s been shown. Definitely don’t get the hype for Xbox’s showing when, outside of their normal bonding exclusives they always have, they just showed off multi platform games.

That Starfield “teaser” very well might be the most disappointing teaser in E3 history

There looked to be some decent stuff but maybe only for fans of games with sequels coming. Pumped for Fallout although I am not big on MMO games, this looks like an MMO that I could really get in to. Dying Light 2 looks excellent and Division 2 look promising. I had Division 1 and it showed promise but had so many issues it wasn't worth the time. Looking forward to seeing what Sony have to offer.

E3 is super meh so far. Outside of Shadows Die Twice and Fallout I’m pretty ambivalent to what’s been shown. Definitely don’t get the hype for Xbox’s showing when, outside of their normal boring exclusives they always have, they just showed off multi platform games.

We already know what Sony is showing, minus a potential surprise or two. And we already know the gist of what Nintendo is showing: Smash, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Pokémon, FORTNITE, and Yoshi.

Definitely don’t get the hype for Xbox’s showing when, outside of their normal boring exclusives they always have, they just showed off multi platform games.
Because they're still exciting announcements??? I, for one, don't give a :curse: about exclusivity, as long as the game is great, and just Microsoft and Bethesda have me hyped for:
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fallout 76 (Although I'm a bit wary)
  • Dying Light 2
  • Elder Scrolls 6
  • Rage 2*
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood*
  • Halo: Infinite*
  • Forza Horizon 4*
  • Sekio: Shadows Die Twice
  • Jump Force*
  • Battletoads
  • Just Cause 4 (Although JC3 was terrible, so I'm a bit wary on this one too)
  • Gears 5*
  • Cuphead DLC
  • Tunic*

Everything marked with an asterisk is something that I had no anticipation of being hyped for, because either I was previously disinterested in the franchise or because it is a completely new IP and developer to me.

Last edited:
Because they're still exciting announcements??? I, for one, don't give a :curse: about exclusivity, as long as the game is great, and just Microsoft and Bethesda have me hyped for:
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fallout 76 (Although I'm a bit wary)
  • Dying Light 2
  • Elder Scrolls 6
  • Rage 2*
  • Wolfenstein Youngblood*
  • Halo: Infinite*
  • Forza Horizon 4*
  • Sekio: Shadows Die Twice
  • Jump Force*
  • Battletoads
  • Just Cause 4 (Although JC3 was terrible, so I'm a bit wary on this one too)
  • Gears 5*
  • Cuphead DLC
  • Tunic*

Everything marked with an asterisk is something that I had no anticipation of being hyped for, because either I was previously disinterested in the franchise or because it is a completely new IP and developer.

I'm ridiculously hyped for Dying Light 2. The gameplay and the choice system looks ridiculously good and I was a big fan of the first instalment. I also had no clue they were working on a second. Gears 5 and Halo will do it for me too and Rage 2 is hopefully going to be a good one. I enjoyed the first but it did bore me after a short period. I would agree with exclusivity not bothering me but I have both XBO and PS4 so it matters not. As long as the game is solid I do not care what console it belongs to.

I mean, fine, but when I think of a company "killing it" at E3, it's because they show off games you can only get in their ecosystem, and Microsoft's ecosystem sucks.

And then Bethesda ended their conference with 2 things I'd barely count as teases that gave no indication of when they're coming or what Starfield will look like.

I mean, fine, but when I think of a company "killing it" at E3, it's because they show off games you can only get in their ecosystem, and Microsoft's ecosystem sucks.

And then Bethesda ended their conference with 2 things I'd barely count as teases that gave no indication of when they're coming or what Starfield will look like.

I actually like Microsoft’s exclusives :shrug: they’re not as good as Sony’s (minus Forza, that looks great) but they’re still fun. The Gears of War franchise is one of my favorites.

Also, Microsoft just bought FIVE new studios. All of them will be developing new exclusives in the future.

Also, Microsoft just bought FIVE new studios. All of them will be developing new exclusives in the future.

Yup, and especially with Hellblade developer Ninja Theory, it seems rather promising for storied based content in the future. Color me excited to see what Microsoft Studios is doing, as they have a lot of potential.

EDIT: And to show that they want XBOX and PC to work more together, it seems that Halo 5 Guardians is coming to PC.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I actually like Microsoft’s exclusives :shrug: they’re not as good as Sony’s (minus Forza, that looks great) but they’re still fun. The Gears of War franchise is one of my favorites.

The thing with Microsoft is that I can play all of their new exclusives on PC. That takes away a TON of their draw to the Xbox, while I still want a PS4 for Last of Us, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Tokyo Jungle, and so many more games that are ONLY on PS4.

That said, I applaud Microsoft for dropping console exclusivity, but I think they're killing the Xbox.

To be blunt, I see XBOX going in the way as a "Platform", and not exactly as a console. And that, I think it's telling, when you consider that they are in the process of developing a XBOX streaming service, as I do think what they are going to do for the future, is not focus on consoles as much.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Idk, I don't own an Xbone but it was still a fun show because the announcements were exciting, even if they weren't the most business smart exclusivity-wise.

As for the Bethesda teases, i don't think they would have done those if they hadn't been rumored for so long. Having those rumors out there allowed other people to say what they wanted about the new titles, and with Bethesda confirming their existences, they can actually corroborate rumors and deny them without accidentally revealing their game.