Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha, that's been on my list of things I want but will never happen forever. Lloyd Kaufman would probably be all over it to. I wouldn't be surprised if he would be willing to be there every night for it.

I actually met him at a con once. He's such a fan of his own work, and willing to just stand around and B.S. with your as long as you want. I guarantee that he'd want to work a part in a house.

Yeah, it's funny how despite its reputation, it achieves much of its horror through implication. The original Leatherface scares me WAY more than Michael, Freddy and Jason, FWIW.

The original TCM seemed intense from everything I’ve heard of it but from the clips I’ve seen it’s not gory at all; definitely scary though. In Snacks I wonder if the B movies are gonna be parody films of known horror movies or be their own entities

Leatherface

Yeah, it's funny how despite its reputation, it achieves much of its horror through implication. The original Leatherface scares me WAY more than Michael, Freddy and Jason, FWIW.
Yeah, and then they completely ruined the franchise’s reputation with TCM 2. :lol:

That movie is #1 on my so-bad-it’s-good list, by far, if only because the previous installment was so much better.

(Personally, I spend more time imagining Michael Myers killing me in my own home, but if I was in rural Texas, I would be spooked beyond belief)

I don't like TCM. First I find it insanely gross, maybe it's not "gory" but the dinner scene is so disgusting to me, and then though I bet her portrayal is more realistic to what a slasher's target would act like I couldn't stand how for the last like 20 minutes of the movie Sally is screaming non stop.

However I guess I will give it credit for always making me feel grossed out and uneasy (I think that's the point) and for the realistic portrayal of what a final girl might act like (though it was annoying) lol.

I know it's sacrilege, but I prefer the much more polished remake.

I don't like TCM. First I find it insanely gross, maybe it's not "gory" but the dinner scene is so disgusting to me, and then though I bet her portrayal is more realistic to what a slasher's target would act like I couldn't stand how for the last like 20 minutes of the movie Sally is screaming non stop.

However I guess I will give it credit for always making me feel grossed out and uneasy (I think that's the point) and for the realistic portrayal of what a final girl might act like (though it was annoying) lol.

I know it's sacrilege, but I prefer the much more polished remake.
I ADORE Sally’s performance and character. She looks believably mortified and is constantly just trying to get away from danger, like prey. The thing that always sells me on her performance is how wide she keeps her eyes, which is how people ACTUALLY scream when they are shocked.

Here's a slightly different description of this year's event than the one from the email sent out last week:

For 34 select nights from September 14 – November 3, horrors of the ‘80s will invade this year’s Halloween Horror Nights. Cinematic greats, slasher films, cult classics, and original nightmares inspired by the past will come to life as [you'll] face 10 disturbingly-real haunted houses based on the most terrifying names in pop culture.

If the zones on that map are wrong, it puts Chucky in Hollywood. I thought that would be a bit too big for a Chucky zone, but I guess not. Will it just be Chucky? Are they planning large props and the aforementioned foam? I might be the only one excited for a Chucky zone, but even I might not have given it that much space. Hmmm... And didn't someone recently post pictures of the Klown zone in a different thread? I feel like Legacy made a comment and there were creative-types checking things out in there. I don't know if I'm right, so I'll keep it to myself for now.