Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I haven't ever ridden a wing rider...Always wanted too

Doesn't Intamin have a wing rider concept laying around?

I think that Holiday World's launched wing rider looks like it has a little more force. Wild Eagle was fun, as I stated, but the elements are slow. Gatekeeper has a couple keyhole elements that look great but feel like a slow-motion maneuver through a more than wide enough hole. No worries or head-chopping concerns. The loops seem to take forever to go through.

Thus, I would prefer other styles. Intamin rides are great but sometimes a little hard on the neck. I wouldn't mind seeing something from Gerstlauer or Mack.

Gatekeeper is fun and enjoyable, no idea what y'all are talking about.

Just talking about the Gatekeeper at Cedar Point that, while a little fun, is pretty boring. IMO. I'm sure others have different opinions but Gatekeeper has nothing on older B&Ms or even the new-ish ones at Kings Island.

Sure, Gatekeeper is enjoyable, but overall, the Wingrider is garbage and Gatekeeper isn't a great coaster.

I've been told some manufacturers do not allow after market show controls to be installed while some manufacturers are way more open to it. That's why Vekoma and Intamin tend to do the "story coasters" more (Everest, Gringotts, new Potter coaster, SDMT, etc). If that's so that could explain why this coaster's ride would be more traditional with story in the preshow/beginning/end (like Hulk).

I've been told some manufacturers do not allow after market show controls to be installed while some manufacturers are way more open to it. That's why Vekoma and Intamin tend to do the "story coasters" more (Everest, Gringotts, new Potter coaster, SDMT, etc). If that's so that could explain why this coaster's ride would be more traditional with story in the preshow/beginning/end (like Hulk).
That would exaplain why we don't have a B&M dark ride coaster....B&M's are nice pieces of architecture to look at by themselves though

I'm a hardcore B&M fanboy, but I agree that they do have some coasters that can be considered as boring. Sheikra minus the first drop and the immelman, is not the most exciting coaster. I wasn't fond of Vortex at Carowinds either, but you're standing on that one, so it's always got that going for it.

What impresses me about B&M is their ability to design a coaster with low impact and blend it into the existing architecture.
Hollywood Dream at USJ, for example.

They're probably the best fit for this project, if it is indeed going to be a coaster. JP isn't exactly the easiest spot to plop a coaster down, but if anyone could do it, it'd be them.

Montu and Kumba are the best in Florida.

Totally agree, although I haven't been on Mako. I still love B&M coasters but sometimes they are too much like the Cadillac of coasters. Intamin rides, like Millenium Force, are great rides. I found Maverick to be a little too jerky to enjoy. So, I have found that I prefer kind of a balance between intensity/smoothness/speed. Banshee, Montu, and Hulk hit all three just right. I typically don't care much for Vekoma, although WDW's rides are pretty good. Some of the other manufacturers could use a little more exposure.

As someone who’s ridden Gatekeeper, I have to agree that it’s a bit dull. Wild Eagle on the other hand was quite enjoyable and actually a bit surprising. It’s not as intense as the B&M’s from the 90’s but it was more forceful than I had expected.

Personally I just think it would be the best option in terms of big thrilling coasters for the park. They have high throughput (Gatekeeper is the most ridden attraction at Cedar Point), they’re reliable, and they’re among the most visually appealing coasters on the planet.

Totally agree, although I haven't been on Mako. I still love B&M coasters but sometimes they are too much like the Cadillac of coasters. Intamin rides, like Millenium Force, are great rides. I found Maverick to be a little too jerky to enjoy. So, I have found that I prefer kind of a balance between intensity/smoothness/speed. Banshee, Montu, and Hulk hit all three just right. I typically don't care much for Vekoma, although WDW's rides are pretty good. Some of the other manufacturers could use a little more exposure.
+1 on Banshee. Great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.