Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

Don’t know if this has been established yet but I was looking into the song @Legacy mentioned is connected to Meteor and I’m wondering how closely we should be paying attention to it’s lyrics ??

I’ve thought of everything from body horror, a virus (I know they’re already doing a virus house this year), bugs, Psychoscareapy (was that ruled out already?), another mashup, and even something along the lines of To Serve Man. But if the lyrics are important maybe that could pinpoint the theme we’re looking for?

Don’t know if this has been established yet but I was looking into the song @Legacy mentioned is connected to Meteor and I’m wondering how closely we should be paying attention to it’s lyrics ??

I’ve thought of everything from body horror, a virus (I know they’re already doing a virus house this year), bugs, Psychoscareapy (was that ruled out already?), another mashup, and even something along the lines of To Serve Man. But if the lyrics are important maybe that could pinpoint the theme we’re looking for?
You mean, "I Am Playing Me?" Don't. The only purpose of it was the key people in to the word "Meteor."

Based on the concept I received for it, I think the Pickle Rick thing is a really clever clue for the house (that, again, will hopefully be obvious). There's a reason its at the top of "Most Interesting" list. It's inventive and unexpected, featuring a scare-type that doesn't get enough credit. The best part is that there are sections that could be even darker than Dead Exposure.

What song?

You mean, "I Am Playing Me?" Don't. The only purpose of it was the key people in to the word "Meteor."

Based on the concept I received for it, I think the Pickle Rick thing is a really clever clue for the house (that, again, will hopefully be obvious). There's a reason its at the top of "Most Interesting" list. It's inventive and unexpected, featuring a scare-type that doesn't get enough credit. The best part is that there are sections that could be even darker than Dead Exposure.

Gotcha. While not even knowing what this is it sounds like we may need something to light our way?? Also wondering now about the significance of the Pickle Rick storyline and one of the setting’s? This one’s getting curiouser and curiouser for me...

Translation: That means there will be some sort of trick lighting in this house.
Polar opposite.

EDIT -
Gotcha. While not even knowing what this is it sounds like we may need something to light our way?? Also wondering now about the significance of the Pickle Rick storyline and one of the setting’s? This one’s getting curiouser and curiouser for me...
There's an element to the Rick and Morty stuff that hasn't been addressed, but Pickle Rick is a perfect example of it.

I intentionally limited myself to Rick and Morty gifs for the clues (thanks, Master of All Science). It's been a fun project. What made it so interesting, for me, was that it was a restriction. It's not like the Simpsons or Family Guy. I only have three seasons to work with, and the vast amount of that is Rick screaming and Morty saying "Aw jeez, Rick."

So, just a note. Some of these are simpler than what they appear because I have to take advantage of what the show itself provides me. That's why a visual of a carnival ride that has been destroyed is a literal example of a location housing carnival rides that have been destroyed.

Last edited:
There's an element to the Rick and Morty stuff that hasn't been addressed, but Pickle Rick is a perfect example of it.

Does it have something to do with memes? A big thing no one has touched upon (I think) is the viral nature of the show, like Pickle Rick and Szechuan Sauce just spreading everywhere. So is the house not about a physical thing spreading, but an idea going viral?

Maybe it’s something like 2001: A Space Odyssey? Something like the monolith falls to Earth and starts spreading an idea/forcing an evolution. Fits with meteor, and it’s hard to imagine a house darker than one set during the stone age.

Does it have something to do with memes? A big thing no one has touched upon (I think) is the viral nature of the show, like Pickle Rick and Szechuan Sauce just spreading everywhere. So is the house not about a physical thing spreading, but an idea going viral?

Maybe it’s something like 2001: A Space Odyssey? Something like the monolith falls to Earth and starts spreading an idea/forcing an evolution. Fits with meteor, and it’s hard to imagine a house darker than one set during the stone age.
This is a good interpretation.

I'm not saying it's right, but this is a good thought process.

So after some research I found that Halloween(1978) - Halloween 5: The Curse of Micheal Myers are all owned by Universal through their subsidiary Trancas Pictures. Halloween 6 - Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2 are all owned by Dimension Films, and Halloween 2018 is owned by Universal, Blumhouse, & Miramax.

Just a thought but what if Meteor is the spaceship house that was rumored earlier in the year?

The pickle rick episode is the one where rick turns himself into a pickle to avoid going to a family therapist for those that don’t know the show just the little phrase. During this he ends up in the sewer and fights off rats and uses the rats to make a suit that he flys away with. He ends up with his family and eventually they give him a shot that transforms him back to a human form of rick. Quick shitty synopsis complete

The pickle rick episode is the one where rick turns himself into a pickle to avoid going to a family therapist for those that don’t know the show just the little phrase. During this he ends up in the sewer and fights off rats and uses the rats to make a suit that he flys away with. He ends up with his family and eventually they give him a shot that transforms him back to a human form of rick. Quick shitty synopsis complete
Susan Sarandon and Danny Trejo also make guest appearances, while people eat poop.

There's a lot of levels.