Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how true this is, but I heard from a friend that Universal will be continuing their relationship with Intamin on this project.
Sounds like that would be very plausible, if you want it, Intamin will do it. Only problem with Intamin is reliability.

I'm a hardcore B&M fanboy, but I agree that they do have some coasters that can be considered as boring. Sheikra minus the first drop and the immelman, is not the most exciting coaster. I wasn't fond of Vortex at Carowinds either, but you're standing on that one, so it's always got that going for it.

What impresses me about B&M is their ability to design a coaster with low impact and blend it into the existing architecture.
Hollywood Dream at USJ, for example.

They're probably the best fit for this project, if it is indeed going to be a coaster. JP isn't exactly the easiest spot to plop a coaster down, but if anyone could do it, it'd be them.

The problem with a lot of B&Ms is that they follow the same formula. Drop, loop, dive loop, zero g roll, cobra roll, brakes and then either a loop and corkscrew or two corkscrews.

I love Mako. It is near perfect for what I want a coaster to do. I also think After Burner in Carowinds is a great coaster. I think Kraken is boring.

I think Mako is easily the best coaster in Orlando. I'd love to see one here but I don't think they've got the room and it could possibly ruin the landscape in IOA and it's probably better served in the new park.

Yea, the internet seems to be convinced it will be The Flying Dinosaur, but lately people are telling me Intamin's going to be doing this one too.

I mean, it can't be any worse than a Zacspin right?

...right?

In all seriousness, I would wonder because of the space, that if it's Intamin, that Universal and Intamin does a Vertical Lift coaster, ala' Fahrenheit.

Not so sure about that anymore. That would make two back-to-back launch coasters from the same company, and I don’t see Universal doing that.

All people do around here is complain about how all of Universal's rides are the same, but they won't build two different thrill level coasters because there are launches?:lol:

Not so sure about that anymore. That would make two back-to-back launch coasters from the same company, and I don’t see Universal doing that.

Universal is still the company that added Transformers within walking distance of Spider-Man, Fast & Furious within walking distance of Kong, and has two fairly traditional simulators right next to each other at USF.

I don't think qualms about building back-t0-back coasters with launches would stop them.

I hope we don't end up seeing another giant white box in the land. I pretty fully believe that JPRA is out of place in the land already

Based on the tidbits that have been put out there, I would be extremely surprised if there's a showbuilding of any sort involved in this project. It's going to be a minimally-themed, high-thrill coaster, per insiders.

I was thinking more like this (and Cannibal isn't Intamin, btw).

Wouldn't that be too similar to HRRR?

I hope we don't end up seeing another giant white box in the land. I pretty fully believe that JPRA is out of place in the land already

I think the building is iconic for IOA. Personally, it was one of the first things I remember about the construction of IOA and certainly the most visible when driving past.

Status
Not open for further replies.