Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about a wild mouse coaster thats fun and not overly thrilling.Where the vehicle spins.Also make it a comedy ride based on something.Maybe a volcano or comet.

:jawdrop:
Wow. So this says to me that this is gonna be some kind of thrilling coaster and not a family coaster like Seven Dwarves and Slinky. Wish I could say I’ve been on El Toro, but the last time I was there, I was on a school field trip and there was no time. I think it was in its first year of operation so the line was massive.

I know 7D gets kicked in the nuts a lot- but it’s 1 dark scene away from being arguably the best coaster at WDW, and would’ve been the crown jewel of new fantasy land. Unfortunately, it’s a minute too short.

I’d be more than happy to get something on the theming level of 7D- even if it meant being short. Vs some unthemed woody with some trees around to “block views”.

Honestly, I concur. This doesn't seem like a woodie, and if it was, I don't think it'd be entirely plausible in my eyes.

I am willing to guess steel-launched thrill-coaster, similar to Maverick in a way.

While I don't think this is necessarily a woodie...I think they're already building something that will remind people a lot of Maverick. I understand space likely means if it's a coaster it's launched, but I wouldn't expect such a sprawling experience.

That bridge isn't going anywhere as long as Hogsmeade exists.

I know that the bridge was initially built in order to bypass the major construction of Hogsmeade however, I wonder if they conceived from the outset that it would prove useful long afterwards. Was it ever the plan to demolish it down the road after Hogsmeade was open. I would love to know how exactly it transpired.

I know that the bridge was initially built in order to bypass the major construction of Hogsmeade however, I wonder if they conceived from the outset that it would prove useful long afterwards. Was it ever the plan to demolish it down the road after Hogsmeade was open. I would love to know how exactly it transpired.
Let me phrase it this way: There needs to be some sort of a bridge as long as Hogsmeade exists. They can knock down the current one if needed, but it would have to be replaced.

This has nothing to do with construction anymore. It's all about the JK/WB contract and how only TMs wearing Wizarding World wardrobe are allowed to walk through the area. So if you are working Jurassic Park and are working a job that requires you to traverse back and forth semi-frequently, you NEED that bridge or you aren't working.

Tell me then, why can’t JP workers use their own backstage gates? Why must they traverse the LC?

Well there's not really a pedestrian pathway that gets you from Jurassic Park over to the east side of IOA. Even if you could walk, it's not a very short one. Most of the people that work IOA West take buses to get over to that side of the park.

I think it's just about having a way to move a large amount of people around the park without relying on Hogsmeade.

I find JPRA's queue to be quite relaxing..All the plants around and such...Much better than Popeye or Dudley
Dudley has a great queue imo, maybe it's just nostalgia though.
how about a wild mouse coaster thats fun and not overly thrilling.Where the vehicle spins.Also make it a comedy ride based on something.Maybe a volcano or comet.
Not sure if you are intentionally referencing Primeval Whirl or not...:shifty:
I know 7D gets kicked in the nuts a lot- but it’s 1 dark scene away from being arguably the best coaster at WDW
:ban:

While I don't think this is necessarily a woodie...I think they're already building something that will remind people a lot of Maverick. I understand space likely means if it's a coaster it's launched, but I wouldn't expect such a sprawling experience.

Oh trust me, I'm not expecting anything on that level for how it sprawls around, but I am wanting to hope that they take the thrill-level of that to the coaster they'd plausibly bring for Jurassic at IOA.

Dudley has a great queue imo, maybe it's just nostalgia though.

Not sure if you are intentionally referencing Primeval Whirl or not...:shifty:
:ban:

7D:
Is the rockwork and theming not great, including queue?
Are the trains not well done and slightly unique with the rolls?
Is the dark scene not very well done?

The only flaw is the length. One more minute with another dark scene and that ride is the quintessential family coaster with a mere 38” height requirement. Perfection for Disney.

Then again, you do think Dudley’s queue is great, so... :tease:

7D is fun and all...but it's nowhere near the best coaster at WDW. Terrible pacing.

Never said it was.

I said add a minute with an additional dark scene. That would make it the longest roller coaster at Disney World, surpassing BTMRR.
I also said “arguably”

It’d be a totally different ride. Unfortunately, it was cut to the version it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.