Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there that many pathways that can realistically be built over with space for supports?

I totally agree that a coaster won't fit on only that plot; I'm trying to figure out where they would be able to fit one.

Yea. I cannot wrap my head around this project at all. If it wasn't for everyone saying "Coaster", I'd never believe that's what it's going to be

Reactions: Ryno27 and jtsalien
All indications are that the new ride will start/end at Trike trail and go south over the water, not over paths. I'd hate to have another metal detector ride just after we finally got ride of one at the park.

Here's my guess on the area the new coaster would be limited to. (However, if it was to pass over pathways, I would send it out across the path and over Pizza Predattoria and the smoking area near Burger Digs before coming back... I highly doubt they'd wanna have coaster track that close to Hogwarts though.)

JP-Coaster-likely-area.jpg

I would seriously love a launched flying coaster as a concept.

With Manta just down the road and the parks forever wanting to differentiate from one another, it does seem highly unlikely but I just wanted to check.

It did seem like an easy fit plus a good people eater for a busy section of the park and it would make up for the loss of DC.
While you could use Manta as evidence against a flyer, Kumba and Montu didn't stop them from building Hulk and Dragon Challenge and those aren't too far away either.

Catching up on this, curious now--heard from a second-hand source a couple weeks that Discovery Center was coming down too. Do we have solid evidence one way or the other that is not the case?

Catching up on this, curious now--heard from a second-hand source a couple weeks that Discovery Center was coming down too. Do we have solid evidence one way or the other that is not the case?
Not solid, but some folks have told me that is not true. People that work there have commented on my YouTube video saying that it's not true as well, (but often times Team Members are the last to know!)

The Discovery Center will probably be used for queue space (with the station being an extension of the building) so that space is not wasted.
Doubt it. Not nearly as much space in there as one would assume.

I saw Miley Cyrus perusing the discovery center so I'd say it's most likely coming down.
Wrecking Ball reference. Yes, how timely lol.

I don't see the Discovery Center going anywhere, or receiving much attention. From all accounts this whole project seems like a last minute change. What was originally going to be a Jurassic World section of the 4th park is now an overlay at IOA and USH, plus one extra coaster that may or may not have already been on the drawing board for years. Why tear down something that's not broken when you can save that money for the new park? My guess anyway.

Perhaps the answer is in the middle...meaning they'll keep the Discovery Center building, but re-do the exterior style like the one from Jurassic World

I don't see them not changing Discovery Center, especially if the entire land is going to undergo JW changes.

However, how plausible would it be if they gutted the building, indoor's/outdoors, and just started from scratch with the current building layout?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't see them not changing Discovery Center, especially if the entire land is going to undergo JW changes.

However, how plausible would it be if they gutted the building, indoor's/outdoors, and just started from scratch with the current building layout?
I don't see a burger restaurant and gift shop going away. Do what you want with the bottom level, but the upstairs makes money.

Although, would be a shame to loose the dino skeletons in the rotunda, especially given they're some of the actual props from the Jurassic Park movie.

Tear down DC and with the property on the waterfront and far side you have a massive piece of property to build a project. However, nothing I've read suggests a project on that scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.