Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 349 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7D:
Is the rockwork and theming not great, including queue?
Are the trains not well done and slightly unique with the rolls?
Is the dark scene not very well done?

The only flaw is the length. One more minute with another dark scene and that ride is the quintessential family coaster with a mere 38” height requirement. Perfection for Disney.

Then again, you do think Dudley’s queue is great, so... :tease:
The theming is pretty fantastic...along with NRJ, if you see where I’m going. It’s just too boring for me, with very little fun to be had in the few sharp turns. I enjoy the dark scene, (although I don’t really like the “glowing face” style AAs that Disney use sometimes) but I agree it could’ve used another scene, doesn’t even hold a candle to Scary Adventures for me. My main problem is it’s just bland, nothing really special about it. Now if you want a fantastically themed AND insanely well designed coaster, look at space mountain. No joke, Space Mountain may be the most fun coaster I’ve ever been on, just due to the sheer ricketyness of the whole experience, especially the side with more drops than spins, although I can see how many can despise this coaster for the same reasons I love it. :lol:

BTW, when I say Dudley’s queue is great, I mean after you enter the indoor portion. (I never ride Ripsaw when it’s 30+)

Last edited:
That bridge isn't going anywhere as long as Hogsmeade exists.
Yes exactly. I have been bypassed on the bridge during the Hogwarts nighttime show. There is NO way to get through Hogsmeade to the JP entrance, so taking the bridge from Lost Continent to JP is the only way.

Reactions: Ryno27
Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this forum so am just reading through stuff. I've just watched the latest Midway Mayhem video on YouTube and he says we're looking at a new ride in Jurassic Park and I see there are some comments but I can't possibly peruse all 349 pages. Can anyone provide a concise summary on what is rumoured/expected for a newb please?

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this forum so am just reading through stuff. I've just watched the latest Midway Mayhem video on YouTube and he says we're looking at a new ride in Jurassic Park and I see there are some comments but I can't possibly peruse all 349 pages. Can anyone provide a concise summary on what is rumoured/expected for a newb please?

Some sort of launched coaster seems to be the going theory.

Hi! Welcome!

New coaster, maybe wooden, but definitely with launches, to be built where Triceratops Trail was, and may go down over the waterfront area a bit too.

Demolition to begin as soon as June 1st for the old Triceratops plot. Raptor Encounter may move temporarily at some point during construction.

Also, entire land may be rebranded to Jurassic World when the new ride opens, and we're thinking our River Journey may get the same Jurassic World update that Hollywood is getting, but a year later.

So, new coaster, updated river journey, and rebranded land to Jurassic World all opens at the same time in 2020. Maybe.

Thanks for joining our forum, we're happy to see so many new faces.

Also, shameless plug, here's my video with some of this info as well!

Thanks for the quick replies. Are Pteradon Flyers and Camp Jurassic safe then?
Yes, as you can see in the Midway video, they were recently inspected and are in the process of being repainted, so we should expect them to be staying. The new coaster will likely remain out of the Camp Jurassic area, keeping to Triceratops area and the waterfront area instead.

What are the odds of the Flying Dinosaur coming?

Not that I particularly want it to but I think it would give the lagoon view from the entrance to the park a dynamic that’s badly needed. Some boats around the lagoon like a few have mentioned would also work.

Not that I particularly want it to but I think it would give the lagoon view from the entrance to the park a dynamic that’s badly needed. Some boats around the lagoon like a few have mentioned would also work.

Flying Dinosaur doesn't match up from the admittedly little I've heard. "Launched" is the thing that's consistently brought up

Flying Dinosaur wouldn't be anywhere close to fitting in the plot that is being discussed.

Reactions: Scott W.
Flying Dinosaur doesn't match up from the admittedly little I've heard. "Launched" is the thing that's consistently brought up

I would seriously love a launched flying coaster as a concept.

With Manta just down the road and the parks forever wanting to differentiate from one another, it does seem highly unlikely but I just wanted to check.

It did seem like an easy fit plus a good people eater for a busy section of the park and it would make up for the loss of DC.

Could go over pathways/over the water. I just see no conceivable way they fit a launch coaster on that plot alone.
Are there that many pathways that can realistically be built over with space for supports?

I totally agree that a coaster won't fit on only that plot; I'm trying to figure out where they would be able to fit one.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.