Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I...don't agree it's a ripoff? Dark Ride was a house in an old dark ride. This is a carnival ride graveyard? I don't really see how the two are overly similar.
The story of Dark Ride was that it was closed down and abandoned (established in the beginning by vagrants warning you not to go in.) You go through and find that the ride has broken down and is now used by old evil carnies for a home. I live on the west coast so I get that I'm totally more exposed to Knott's, but that just rang as WAY similar.

What about a trip through the human body... as if it were ingested like a pickle... attacked by viruses and bacteria.

Part of what’s tripping me up is we already have a viral house in Dead Exposure. Unless we’re getting two houses based on a plague, I’m just trying to figure out what a meteor can spread that isn’t disease.

What indeed? I wonder if anyone offered any other options earlier in the week...
I think alien vegetation is a solid guess that can fit, but just working off Legacy's hint, it seems interpreting the clue has more to do with metaphors/outside context than it's literal interpretation (i.e. the fact that Rick is a pickle doesn't matter, the fact that Pickle Rick is a meme does).

EVIL PLANTS?? Like in Creepshow? Or Invasion of the Body Snatchers kinda?
Ooooh, something like body snatchers fits extremely well. Now to figure out how it could be a darker house than Dead Exposure though.

It's not the dinos going extinct...

Found this post looking up meteor, which sounds like a hint we may have passed over.

Amending my guess, what if it's not a prehistoric house but a post-apocalyptic one? Something hits the earth and wipes out humanity, or at least any trace of civilization. And the house is based on whatever comes after, whether it be newly evolved creatures, mutated survivors, etc.

Last edited:
EVIL PLANTS?? Like in Creepshow? Or Invasion of the Body Snatchers kinda?
See ya next year, kids! Also, please ignore those cowboys behind me!
22448425_10155155888218667_2648316577375946738_n.jpg

Gotta agree. I’m game for another Halloween house since the 2014 and 2016 houses have been two of my favorites. I really love being placed in the movie, experiencing the story kill by kill (something that I think hurt The Shining last year).

I’m lowering my expectations for this one though because the movie hasn’t been seen yet, and isn’t regarded as a classic.