Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

I thought this was to get team members from parking in the main two garages.... maybe not interesting.
Some TMs still do park out there. Actually a lot do. Universal is going to need all the TM parking they can get by the time 2017 rolls around. And it's still unknown where VB TMs will park... they may need to park here too and bus over.

IMHO, they need a larger garage expansion than what they are getting. I mean, if they are gonna do it, might as well go all out.

The expansion is finally happening. Construction to begin this fall and will add 800+ spaces.
KBCQ6Ea.png

This is simply an expansion to the existing garage. The land they are using can only fit so many cars. They may one day need to build another garage, but this should be good for now.
I clearly see it's an expansion.
But hopefully this does help for now. That situation has gotten crowded over last decade.

I clearly see it's an expansion.
But hopefully this does help for now. That situation has gotten crowded over last decade.
Was just making sure you were clear on it and not thinking it was a new garage altogether.

Tbh, TM parking very rarely hits it's max capacity (although it still does on very busy days). It's a crowded parking lot, don't get me wrong. It could never function back there today without the garage like they did just a measly 5 years ago. Shows the incredible growth of UOR in that time. Should park attendance continue to climb, a new garage will definitely be necessary eventually. But I also expect Park 3 to eat into the current park's gate clicks. However, that's still far enough down the line that they may even need another garage back there before the new park opens.

Was just making sure you were clear on it and not thinking it was a new garage altogether.

Tbh, TM parking very rarely hits it's max capacity (although it still does on very busy days). It's a crowded parking lot, don't get me wrong. It could never function back there today without the garage like they did just a measly 5 years ago. Shows the incredible growth of UOR in that time. Should park attendance continue to climb, a new garage will definitely be necessary eventually. But I also expect Park 3 to eat into the current park's gate clicks. However, that's still far enough down the line that they may even need another garage back there before the new park opens.
I was trying to say why don't they go ahead and do that now. Go all in. Expand and build the new garage. Prepare ahead of time, but the reason is likely money.

I was trying to say why don't they go ahead and do that now. Go all in. Expand and build the new garage. Prepare ahead of time, but the reason is likely money.
Because as you alluded to, parking is at a premium back there. You can't take it all away at once. They're already temporarily removing parking for the expansion of the garage. Once those 800 spots are available to be used, they can comfortably close off another part of the lot, knowing that they will have enough parking in the meantime while they build a new garage. I think everything happening back there right now is happening in waves... can't all happen at once.

I think they do what they can with the limited space there is. They could just have team members go to the future plot and have buses take them to the resort but they build permanent solutions to shorten their commute. As an extra benefit there is a change of parking in the shade.
I'm almost positive the parking garages at the last 3 hotels also have extra space for the people working there.

I think they do what they can with the limited space there is. They could just have team members go to the future plot and have buses take them to the resort but they build permanent solutions to shorten their commute. As an extra benefit there is a change of parking in the shade.
I'm almost positive the parking garages at the last 3 hotels also have extra space for the people working there.
Yeah, everyone who works at the hotels parks at the hotel they work at. None of the park behind USF.

Part of that is because they are Loews employees, not Universal employees (they’re third party). But mostly it’s because it’s just the best logistical option to have them park where they work.

They really want this done before Christmas, but I would imagine HHN is going to be a parking nightmare with the crossover between the regular employees during the morning and the HHN crew coming in. I guess there's really no good time to do any project when you run year round parks though...

They really want this done before Christmas, but I would imagine HHN is going to be a parking nightmare with the crossover between the regular employees during the morning and the HHN crew coming in. I guess there's really no good time to do any project when you run year round parks though...

Haven't they been forcing most of the HHN/seasonal TMs to park in the main garages for the past few years? I thought that was why they converted all the exit turnstiles at the parks to also allow for TM entry.