Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Digital Display Board

FOUND IT TODAY!!! ....it is on the corner of the A.S.S. So pretty much almost where it used to be back in the old days.

bbe6LuF.jpg

Whoa...old days!!! Careful who you are talking to mister! ;)

I'll be honest that's kind of pointless. They run continuously.
and yet, the same could be said for the other shows since they have multiple performances throughout the day. :rolleyes:

And you're also forgetting about the brainless & clueless tourists that have never been to the park before. You're a local. But again, the shows are NOT continuous because if they were, they'd each happen more than once within an hour. Its really not an unreasonable thing to provide. If you're a local and ONLY want to see Frog Choir that day or Tri-Wiz, it'd be helpful to have those set times available on the display boards.

and again, if you're not a local who has never been to the park before, it'd be nice to be made aware of such entertainment offerings in the park when looking at the display boards so they can be like "oh huh, whats that? it starts soon, lets go check it out". oh right, i'm using logic. shame on me.

They're not ground breaking, Waterworld is literally a people eater because it's spectacular. I literally dont see someone making time out of their day unless they were a Potter fan to stop and see the frog choir or Try Wizard tournament. Regardless thats what the showtimes slip is for.

Ya snooze, ya lose.

I agree that show times inside the WWoHP should be listed on the DSD and the Universal App. Very poor information throughout the multiple medias. Where is Silly Swirly on the ride list and why is Ollivanders categorized as a ride???

They're not ground breaking, Waterworld is literally a people eater because it's spectacular. I literally dont see someone making time out of their day unless they were a Potter fan to stop and see the frog choir or Try Wizard tournament. Regardless thats what the showtimes slip is for.

Ya snooze, ya lose.

I disagree here. There are entertainment options which only are shown during specific times of the day which are not known by everyone. I understand that they are wanting a "surprise" moment of additional entertainment throughout the land...but then ask this: Why isn't Nighttime Lights posting show times as well? Instead, they encourage guests to "return at a later time".

I understand crowding. I understand logistics. But let the guests make a choice instead of discouraging opportunities.

Just to prove more inconsistencies: Universal Studios Hollywood: Universal Studios Hollywood Wait Times and Showtimes does post the Frog Choir and TriWizard show times along with all the character photo op times. How hard is it to translate this into the mobile app?

[RANT] The really frustrating thing is that TriWizard and Frog Choir are listed as shows in the UOR app, but not for USH so it's not like there isn't precedent. The USH app has always felt like a rushed mess that no one bothered to properly maintain. The map graphic is a hodgepodge of art styles (Hogwarts and Jurassic Park look hand drawn while everything else is 3D CG), and hasn't been updated since it came out (Cartooniversal, Shrek, and Saddle Ranch are all still part of the picture). The alley between Jurassic Cove and the Character Shop (or whatever it's called now) is presented as off limits, i.e. covered that dumb tree background, despite being the location of the only restrooms on the Lower Lot and a first aid station. [/RANT]

Anyway, back on the topic of the DSD, if I remember correctly there is a graphic that pops up and tells you some "recommended viewing times" for the NTL@HC.

Ya snooze, ya lose.

I know I like to know the times for Tri-Wizard and Frog Choir, and I'm guessing most HP fantatics would want to know as well. As a dancer, I appreciate Tri-Wizard a bit more, and enjoy watching it when I can... but it's shows are about an hour apart. More than once have I planned my day around their showtime, because I see it on the mobile page.

It's especially frustrating, because the information is clearly known and posted on the mobile page... so why can't it be posted elsewhere?

I will confess, I've never looked at the showtimes slip. Are Tri-Wizard and Frog Choir times listed on it? And even if they are, why can't they just be added to the app? If they want to be a truly green park, wouldn't they want to be limiting wasted paper? (That includes their paper AP passes--give us plastic that can be reused year after year--but that's another issue.)

What it really amounts to is they need to have all their platforms (website, mobile site, app) unified. They have been frustratingly poor at that.

I will confess, I've never looked at the showtimes slip. Are Tri-Wizard and Frog Choir times listed on it? And even if they are, why can't they just be added to the app? If they want to be a truly green park, wouldn't they want to be limiting wasted paper? (That includes their paper AP passes--give us plastic that can be reused year after year--but that's another issue.)

They've actually done away with the showtime slips, preferring that you use the app/mobile site. Which is ludicrous to me in light of all the short comings of the app/mobile site.