Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Warner Bros. has come out officially in announcing the lineup for this year's A Festival of Flights, a brand new Horror-based event tested last year, as this year will include IT, The Joker, and more!

Bringing Your Greatest Fears to Life with the Return of Horror Made Here: A Festival of Frights

Currently announced, the event roster will return guests to the IT Neibolt House Experience, which moved to the WB Lot last year after popular demand, and new for this year; a new experience set within Arkham Asylum, featuring The Joker; Harley Quinn; Scarecrow; and more.

Tickets are 59 dollars per person, and more will be announced soon.

What do you think? Would you be interested in going, or would you rather want to go to KSF or HHN? Comment down below!

I will DEFINITELY be going. I missed it last year as I literally thought it was ONLY the It maze, which I had no desire to go see. Then I heard there was a Conjuring and a NOES maze and I was so pissed that I had noooo idea and nobody was talking about it until AFTER. It's funny, because this is literally the same thing that happened with HHN in 2006 for me.
$59 is a bit steep for an event that's just starting and has very little to offer in terms of entertainment. But if it's not too crowded and I can get some multiple runs into the mazes, I see why not.
Usually I stick to my only HHN & KSF schedule pretty religiously, but looks like I'll be adding another into the fray. KSF may get a skip from me this year, DEPENDING on what new is being offered. They've been a lot better the last 2 years, but IMO are still far behind HHN.
As long as WB is better than Fright Fest quality and at least on par with KSF, I should be happy, but still the price is an issue. Unless this jumps from 3 mazes to 6-7 out of nowhere. I think there should at least be 6 to justify that price.
Unless there's also some studio tour stuff (if I remember correctly, there is) and some shows. And some discounted nights that will hopefully be ALOT cheaper ($39 sounds better).
I'm really hoping they keep their Conjuring and NOES mazes, I'd love to see them!

Is this in the style of HHN mazes or is it like the IT experience where a guide walks you through every room? Really curious to see if they’ll have a solo The Nun maze or if they’ll add it into The Conjuring 1&2 Maze like they did with Annabelle Creation. Also really excited to see how Arkham Asylum turns out; why am I just now hearing about this event?!

I will DEFINITELY be going. I missed it last year as I literally thought it was ONLY the It maze, which I had no desire to go see. Then I heard there was a Conjuring and a NOES maze and I was so pissed that I had noooo idea and nobody was talking about it until AFTER. It's funny, because this is literally the same thing that happened with HHN in 2006 for me.
$59 is a bit steep for an event that's just starting and has very little to offer in terms of entertainment. But if it's not too crowded and I can get some multiple runs into the mazes, I see why not.
Usually I stick to my only HHN & KSF schedule pretty religiously, but looks like I'll be adding another into the fray. KSF may get a skip from me this year, DEPENDING on what new is being offered. They've been a lot better the last 2 years, but IMO are still far behind HHN.
As long as WB is better than Fright Fest quality and at least on par with KSF, I should be happy, but still the price is an issue. Unless this jumps from 3 mazes to 6-7 out of nowhere. I think there should at least be 6 to justify that price.
Unless there's also some studio tour stuff (if I remember correctly, there is) and some shows. And some discounted nights that will hopefully be ALOT cheaper ($39 sounds better).
I'm really hoping they keep their Conjuring and NOES mazes, I'd love to see them!
Go to HHN once then do this. Boom. Now you have time without having to skip Knott’s.

This looks pretty cool. I will have to check this out. Anyone go through their NoES or Conjuring houses?

Not so much an issue of money or time (it used to be haha), but I just skip KSF every once and awhile for the sake of keeping it new for myself since they're mostly repeats. But their new coaster pretty much has me wanting to go. The deciding factor would have to be a new maze theme that really spikes my interest. But as of now, I'm most likely going just for that coaster haha.

Not sure why the actual website link wasn't included in the initial post...

Halloween 2018 | Los Angeles Halloween Event | WB Studio Tour Hollywood <----CLICK

Here is the current concept art (again, not sure why it wasn't included)
W0r3xM3.jpg

Did not know that. Wonder if they’ll use OG Freddy this year and possibly Leatherface since they own the rights to the 2003 version

It's a common mistake, but yeah.

I have to wonder if they thought of doing the OG, but decided not too and to hold off until they go big for the event.

That said, Arkham is going to be the big question of this event, as DC characters don't typically get featured for horror haunts.

It's a common mistake, but yeah.

I have to wonder if they thought of doing the OG, but decided not too and to hold off until they go big for the event.

That said, Arkham is going to be the big question of this event, as DC characters don't typically get featured for horror haunts.

True, plus you have to wonder how they’ll approach some of the villains and their lairs(specifically Killer Croc). If they have a puppet for Croc I’d die of happiness. Poison Ivy also lends herself well to a haunt

True, plus you have to wonder how they’ll approach some of the villains and their lairs(specifically Killer Croc). If they have a puppet for Croc I’d die of happiness. Poison Ivy also lends herself well to a haunt

If it's based on the Rocksteady games, then I somewhat disagree on Ivy.

That said, Croc would work well as a puppet, Joker and Harley are givens, and Scarecrow is untapped for a potential maze portion. And that's not even mentioning if they have Mad Hatter incorporated into it, as that can go places real quick.

If it's based on the Rocksteady games, then I somewhat disagree on Ivy.

That said, Croc would work well as a puppet, Joker and Harley are givens, and Scarecrow is untapped for a potential maze portion. And that's not even mentioning if they have Mad Hatter incorporated into it, as that can go places real quick.

I completely forgot about Hatter & Scarecrow. I hope Arkham goes in their largest available soundstage since there’s so much potential for this maze. Man Bat would also be awesome since he’s scary as hell. Riddler could easily make a cameo too since he fits in anywhere

Edit - Clayface would be awesome too

Last edited:
That's because they've never been presented with the opportunity until WB decided to test the waters at Six Flags with the Suicide Squad scarezone/meet-n-greet.

Due to the popularity and success of that scarezone, it returned last year. And while the 4 DC characters featured (Joker, Harley, Katana & Killer Croc) were merely just photo-ops, the casting still went through WB and was very well done. As for the scares? They had a few molten black zombies roaming the area. There of course was wrecked scenic pieces throughout the DC Universe as well. Could it have been better? Of course. But for venturing into new TERRORtory of featuring DC at a haunt event, it was enjoyable.

Arkham Asylum has always been a maze fans have been begging to have at HHN back in the days of The Vault. So its kinda cool to see what WB does. Honestly, I could see it happening at Six Flags one year too. But we'll see..

True, plus you have to wonder how they’ll approach some of the villains and their lairs(specifically Killer Croc). If they have a puppet for Croc I’d die of happiness.
Croc would work well as a puppet
Except for the fact that when he was featured at Six Flags for Suicide Squad, he was a costumed character
m871hkR.jpg

Thats the thing with DC... they have a multitude of iterations to choose from... comics, cartoons, videogames, and live-action films.. So it will depend on which direction they want to take.

That's because they've never been presented with the opportunity until WB decided to test the waters at Six Flags with the Suicide Squad scarezone/meet-n-greet.

Due to the popularity and success of that scarezone, it returned last year. And while the 4 DC characters featured (Joker, Harley, Katana & Killer Croc) were merely just photo-ops, the casting still went through WB and was very well done. As for the scares? They had a few molten black zombies roaming the area. There of course was wrecked scenic pieces throughout the DC Universe as well. Could it have been better? Of course. But for venturing into new TERRORtory of featuring DC at a haunt event, it was enjoyable.

Arkham Asylum has always been a maze fans have been begging to have at HHN back in the days of The Vault. So its kinda cool to see what WB does. Honestly, I could see it happening at Six Flags one year too. But we'll see..

Except for the fact that when he was featured at Six Flags for Suicide Squad, he was a costumed character
m871hkR.jpg

Thats the thing with DC... they have a multitude of iterations to choose from... comics, cartoons, videogames, and live-action films.. So it will depend on which direction they want to take.

Part of me is hoping Arkham Asylum ends up being a smashing success for WB but I’m really trying to keep my expectations in check. Does anyone know if this is more of an original based on the IP or more steered toward the Arkham video game franchise?

Considering how popular the Arkham videogames are and the concept art seems to use classic/videogame Joker, I'm going to say possibly more videogame based.

My question is, with the DC Villains on the loose, will it be the same or similar scenario to HHN Orlando's 2002 scarezone/maze "Island Under Siege" & "Maximum Carnage" where the "Marvel superhero villains have been defeated"

Considering how popular the Arkham videogames are and the concept art seems to use classic/videogame Joker, I'm going to say possibly more videogame based.

My question is, with the DC Villains on the loose, will it be the same or similar scenario to HHN Orlando's 2002 scarezone/maze "Island Under Siege" & "Maximum Carnage" where the "Marvel superhero villains have been defeated"

In a way it’s similar, the website says that we’re entering Arkham after Joker has taken it over with other super villains