WB Studios - A Festival of Frights | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I'm going to pull the trigger this year & attend this event. I've never been, but I'm really curious to check out Arkham Asylum. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Ironically, I think I"m gonna skip HHN this year.

Do you guys think it's worth the $59 price tag? Will it be more than just a couple mazes?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger this year & attend this event. I've never been, but I'm really curious to check out Arkham Asylum. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Ironically, I think I"m gonna skip HHN this year.

Do you guys think it's worth the $59 price tag? Will it be more than just a couple mazes?
Well it does include a "terror tour" where you stay on the tour cart. I would go check it out. I know I am!

Reactions: SOCAL110
Well it does include a "terror tour" where you stay on the tour cart. I would go check it out. I know I am!

Yea I'm pretty curious about it. I really like that they have obscure film references that not many people would get. For example, they have that crazy lady from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane." A cult classic favorite of mine. A movie you'll never see referenced anywhere else.

Did you go last year?

Yea I'm pretty curious about it. I really like that they have obscure film references that not many people would get. For example, they have that crazy lady from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane." A cult classic favorite of mine. A movie you'll never see referenced anywhere else.

Did you go last year?
Nope, this will be my first.

New information of Horror Made Here has been uncovered.

Mazes
- The Conjuring Universe
- Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake, will be a Freddy & Jason maze
- Escape from Arkham Asylum, will have guests fighting their way out of the titular Arkham Asylum, becoming either an enemy or friend to The Joker
- IT Knows what Scares You, to be an expanded version of the IT Neibolt House experience

Experiences
- Guests can walk around the WB Backlot
- A Tim Burton tribute will be at the event, with props from Beetlejuice
- A 4D Exorcist show, with select scenes from the film; will be present
- Fangoria will host a Backlot Party on the Backlot
- The Lost Boys Arcade

They are also going to be more restrictive now on other places using their characters, as they want this to be an "exclusive event".

Last edited:
New information of Horror Made Here has been uncovered.

Mazes
- The Conjuring Universe
- Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake, will be a Freddy & Jason maze
- Escape from Arkham Asylum, will have guests fighting their way out of the titular Arkham Asylum, becoming either an enemy or friend to The Joker
- IT Knows what Scares You, to be an expanded version of the IT Neibolt House experience

Experiences
- Guests can walk around the WB Backlot
- A Tim Burton tribute will be at the event, with props from Beetlejuice
- A 4D Exorcist show, with select scenes from the film; will be present
- Fangoria will host a Backlot Party on the Backlot

They are also going to be more restrictive now on other places using their characters, as they want this to be an "exclusive event".

:freak::jawdrop:. That sounds like an epic lineup and event; hopefully it lives up to it. The NoES maze last year looked pretty bad so hopefully Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake will be good. Are all of the mazes gonna be in Soundstages? This lineup sounds amazing so hopefully it doesn’t fall on its face

Reactions: Freak
:freak::jawdrop:. That sounds like an epic lineup and event; hopefully it lives up to it. The NoES maze last year looked pretty bad so hopefully Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake will be good. Are all of the mazes gonna be in Soundstages? This lineup sounds amazing so hopefully it doesn’t fall on its face

It's not clear. But what is, is that they are looking to make this a big thing going forward, as they were even talking of wanting to look into the possibilities of The Lost Boys, The Shining or even some of Tim Burton's material to be used for mazes.

The Burton tribute will be at Stage 4, so it may not be a shock to see them using some of the soundstages they have.

So is The Conjuring Universe Maze gonna encompass all 5 films or the 3 spin offs? If they have facades walking into the Perron house is gonna be epic, same with the Annabelle Creation barn

If they build the way HHN Orlando details their houses....this could’ve very well be the hard kick in the pants HHN needs. This sounds fantastic.

I actually hope they design it like you are actually in the movie and not just in a maze with the characters thrown in.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If they build the way HHN Orlando details their houses....this could’ve very well be the hard kick in the pants HHN needs. This sounds fantastic.

The restricting bit is already going to kick them; so I am actually happy with the direction Horror Made Here is going.

I am still nervous, but it's not as bad as before for me, as they have a impressive lineup for a true starting jog.

Now all we need..is the landing.

The restricting bit is already going to kick them; so I am actually happy with the direction Horror Made Here is going.

I am still nervous, but it's not as bad as before for me, as they have a impressive lineup for a true starting jog.

Now all we need..is the landing.
Mentioned this in the edit I made, but they need to make it detailed like Orlando would do it or HHNH pre-2010. They also need to design it as if you’re in the movie and not just a maze with the characters thrown in there. Like how Murdy would do it, minus the black walls.

But yeah, for their third year and their first to play HHN, this is not bad at all.

Mentioned this in the edit I made, but they need to make it detailed like Orlando would do it or HHNH pre-2010. They also need to design it as if you’re in the movie and not just a maze with the characters thrown in there. Like how Murdy would do it, minus the black walls.

But yeah, for their third year and their first to play HHN, this is not bad at all.

They should also keep it out of the way they did the Neibolt Experience with the tour guides and mostly animatronics, which they’ll probably do. My biggest question is are Freddy & Jason never coming to HHN again?

They should also keep it out of the way they did the Neibolt Experience with the tour guides and mostly animatronics, which they’ll probably do. My biggest question is are Freddy & Jason never coming to HHN again?

The chances of Freddy appearing at HHN going forward..have decreased I would argue significantly.

Jason..is complicated.

For the Warner films that Jason was in (after Manhattan), would be off-limits.

Paramount though..would be the bonafide question.

HELL YES. WHAT AN AMAZING LINE-UP! WILL BE THERE FIRST WEEKEND. I wanna be the first to review it. Gonna take a chance on this, it sounds fan-freakin-tastic.

Watched the panel a bit more and the Freddy/Jason thing sounds like it'll essentially be a Terror Tram.

Starts as a tour.
Get off and "survive Camp Crystal Lake"
Back on the tram.