Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

Tickets will be limited to prevent the event being "at capacity" like HHN, expect more of how Disney limits tickets for their Halloween event to allow guests to enjoy the event without 5 hour waittimes. Also, the queues for the mazes & whatnot will be interactive. They will be part of the overall experience before you even enter the maze.
The mazes & Exorcist will have "scareactor plants". Aka- victims that look like regular event guests, but will be pulled/attacked during the experience.

Jungle Lagoon | Warner Bros. Studio Facilities
^This will give you an idea of what WB is working with for their "Terror Tram"-esque experience. Physical sets & an actual lake.
Jason Voorhees in water scareactor & camp counselors

wyOI01T.jpg

Cb8Ytas.jpg

Q1gxXHn.jpg

^due to the small size of this practical set, its no surprise one why they're only doing a roughly 10min long experience to allow as many guests to experience it as possible. It will be interesting to see it all dressed up to look like an actual church.

Fangtasia from True Blood, the themed bar of the event will be using the actual set pieces from the show. And apparently will also feature vampire dancers- BOTH male & female.

I really want this to be good, I’m just hoping that the mazes won’t be guided tours since that’s not scary whatsoever. The lineup WB has is almost too good to fail; that Lost Boys arcade has me sold though.

For anyone that went last year was the IT experience the same as it was in Hollywood? If so I’m glad they’re changing it

I really want this to be good, I’m just hoping that the mazes won’t be guided tours since that’s not scary whatsoever.
For anyone that went last year was the IT experience the same as it was in Hollywood?
No. The Conjuring, however, will have a "Paranormal Expert" as your guide, so its the closest to guided as you're going to get, but its not a tour. It will still be a full blown maze of scareactors though.
Nun, Scarecrow, Crooked Man, Demon, Witch, and more

The Neibolt house was just something marketing did to promote the movie in Hollywood (for free). Since they already had it, they threw it in the backlot for their existing HMH Tour to offer something else. It was never meant to be an actual maze of any kind. This will be an all new experience complete with the fears of the Losers Club. From what they made it seem like, you'll encounter Georgie in the queue/maze, but not be guided through the Neibolt house like last year. But I'd say expect him to appear here/there to lead you to your doom.
scareactors: Headless Child, Burn Victim, Noseless Victim, Warped Painting Lady, Clown, Multiple versions of Georgie, Pennywise & more

Arkham seems like another legit non-guided maze like "IT", but its going to be interesting. They said Joker would be friend or foe.
Scareactors: Joker, Harley, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy and more

No. The Conjuring, however, will have a "Paranormal Expert" as your guide, so its the closest to guided as you're going to get, but its not a tour. It will still be a full blown maze of scareactors though.
Nun, Scarecrow, Crooked Man, Demon, Witch, and more

The Neibolt house was just something marketing did to promote the movie in Hollywood (for free). Since they already had it, they threw it in the backlot for their existing HMH Tour to offer something else. It was never meant to be an actual maze of any kind. This will be an all new experience complete with the fears of the Losers Club. From what they made it seem like, you'll encounter Georgie in the queue/maze, but not be guided through the Neibolt house like last year. But I'd say expect him to appear here/there to lead you to your doom.
scareactors: Headless Child, Burn Victim, Noseless Victim, Warped Painting Lady, Clown, Multiple versions of Georgie, Pennywise & more

Arkham seems like another legit non-guided maze like "IT", but its going to be interesting. They said Joker would be friend or foe.
Scareactors: Joker, Harley, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy and more

*jaw drop*

I’m definitely going now. I knew for Arkham Asylum there was no way they wouldn’t use
Poison Ivy & Penguin
since their environments in the Arkham Games were intense, especially the former’s.

As for Conjuring I’m genuinely surprised they’re going all in on all 5 films. I thought it would’ve just been 1&2 with 1-2 Nun scenes. Seems like they’re hitting all the big bads from the Universe though, I can’t wait to see the
Orphanage and Scarecrow from Annabelle Creation

How’d you find all this out?

Auditions for WB were yesterday & today.
While similar to HHN auditions, they were handled much more efficiently & professionally. Instead of "be scary & don't touch the cone", WB basically treated this as if they were casting for a tv/film production. You had groups of like 6 at a time. They'd "warm up" & get into character. (You had to choose a character from their list & then become that character). After that, your group would then go into the actual audition room. Unlike HHN, they actually filmed the entire thing. Also the casting director actually was very involved with what exactly she/they wanted. Instead of a cone to scare, there was a tri-fold wall for us to circle and/or use. She had us go transition from ourselves into our chosen characters. First their walk, then add vocals, and then react to different situations in character. Then one by one we auditioned out characters. The casting director would tell us different things to do & then she wanted to see us be an alternate character.

This event will very much be very performance based. Not your typical "fear the shaker can". Universal basically type-casts, WB wants actual talent. I saw some amazing people today. This event should really be a fun experience for all.

Auditions for WB were yesterday & today.
While similar to HHN auditions, they were handled much more efficiently & professionally. Instead of "be scary & don't touch the cone", WB basically treated this as if they were casting for a tv/film production. You had groups of like 6 at a time. They'd "warm up" & get into character. (You had to choose a character from their list & then become that character). After that, your group would then go into the actual audition room. Unlike HHN, they actually filmed the entire thing. Also the casting director actually was very involved with what exactly she/they wanted. Instead of a cone to scare, there was a tri-fold wall for us to circle and/or use. She had us go transition from ourselves into our chosen characters. First their walk, then add vocals, and then react to different situations in character. Then one by one we auditioned out characters. The casting director would tell us different things to do & then she wanted to see us be an alternate character.

This event will very much be very performance based. Not your typical "fear the shaker can". Universal basically type-casts, WB wants actual talent. I saw some amazing people today. This event should really be a fun experience for all.

Oh; so by the sounds of it it might be more immersive than the standard sets + booholes? Do you know which houses are going in soundstages? The IT houses seemed to not be in one but I can’t imagine them not using a SS for Arkham

Keep in mind, the Neibolt House from IT was already an existing structure they built in Hollywood, so they just put it back together on the backlot last year to use. This year, they built the all new maze from the ground up. As to where? No idea. Last year, they also included the "IT" school bus VR experience from SDCC. Whatever they had on hand, they threw out there for the guests to do.

Last year's event was literally a test for this year, so they only allowed LESS than 1,000 tickets sold (from what i've heard mention, it was roughly around 800 or so. Only WB knows the actual numbers). That's why the 3 existing videos on youtube, it looks so "dead/empty".

And yes, this event is meant to be an immersive experience. Nothing is known about where the mazes will be located, outside of the "Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake" Terror Tram. In that link in the previous post I provided showed the area on the backlot it will take up residence. And as you can see, it has cabins/houses to work with. Think of it like Terror Tram meets Parisian Courtyard.

From what they said during their panel, there won't be food trucks this year. They will be making their own custom THEMED food options. And the main area of the backlot will be a Carnival/Circus themed scarezone, complete with a Devil's Drop Tower free-fall ride.

Keep in mind, the Neibolt House from IT was already an existing structure they built in Hollywood, so they just put it back together on the backlot last year to use. This year, they built the all new maze from the ground up. As to where? No idea. Last year, they also included the "IT" school bus VR experience from SDCC. Whatever they had on hand, they threw out there for the guests to do.

Last year's event was literally a test for this year, so they only allowed LESS than 1,000 tickets sold (from what i've heard mention, it was roughly around 800 or so. Only WB knows the actual numbers). That's why the 3 existing videos on youtube, it looks so "dead/empty".

And yes, this event is meant to be an immersive experience. Nothing is known about where the mazes will be located, outside of the "Nightmare on Camp Crystal Lake" Terror Tram. In that link in the previous post I provided showed the area on the backlot it will take up residence. And as you can see, it has cabins/houses to work with. Think of it like Terror Tram meets Parisian Courtyard.

From what they said during their panel, there won't be food trucks this year. They will be making their own custom THEMED food options. And the main area of the backlot will be a Carnival/Circus themed scarezone, complete with a Devil's Drop Tower free-fall ride.

Honestly, everything sounds fantastic. My only nitpick is the price. The night I'm planning to go on is a Thursday & it's $86.

That's pretty pricey for a non-theme/amusement park haunt. It's also during the week, non-weekend date. At least with the major parks, you get to go on the rides. I'm pretty sure I'm still going to pull the trigger, but man is it steep. I was expecting $60 or so.

EDIT: CORRECTION: I double checked right now and the price is actually $76, which is better, but still a tad on the pricey side.

WB is going for quality rather than quantity. Oh & "GREMLINS" will also be present as well. Mrs Deagle's house is on the backlot! :thumbsup: Bite the bullet, enjoy something NEW!... And they're already looking at the future....

The Lost Boys, Monster Squad, Potter... and more.

FUN FACT: The church that will house The Exorcist 4D is the SAME church from the finale of "The Monster Squad".
SAD FACT: Elvira's house from "Mistress of the Dark" was torn down. :'(

The Lost Boys, Monster Squad, Potter... and more
They did also mention possibly using the Shining in the future for the Event (Early plans next year they said) and one of the designers said they only "Touching the surface" of what they can do with the Exorcist at Midsummer Scream Panel.

WB is going for quality rather than quantity. Oh & "GREMLINS" will also be present as well. Mrs Deagle's house is on the backlot! :thumbsup: Bite the bullet, enjoy something NEW!... And they're already looking at the future....

The Lost Boys, Monster Squad, Potter... and more.

FUN FACT: The church that will house The Exorcist 4D is the SAME church from the finale of "The Monster Squad".
SAD FACT: Elvira's house from "Mistress of the Dark" was torn down. :'(

Ok you convinced me!

PS: OMG MONSTER SQUAD! YES!

^if we get another 2017, it will be less than 5 years :lol: Keep in mind, the one lady from the panel used to work with Dark Harbor :thumbsup:

They did also mention possibly using the Shining in the future for the Event (Early plans next year they said) and one of the designers said they only "Touching the surface" of what they can do with the Exorcist at Midsummer Scream Panel.
Correct. Since they have been working on making this event happen, it is pretty much very likely they tested the waters the past 2 years with HHN (Exorcist & Shining) and Fright Fest (Suicide Squad). Now that they know those things can work at haunt events, they're going to play.

Opening Night has sold out already. Was gonna buy my tix sometime this weekend. Whack. Probably won't go now unless they drastically lower the prices for some other nights.

Of course they sold out. But don't expect ticket prices to drop, only expect even more sold out nights.

Construction is in full swing already. If you take the studio tour, you'll notice many things in the prop warehouse labeled for use at the event

Anyway, I've been invited to be there next Sunday for their 3rd/final rehearsal. I'll be sure to get pics of what I'm allowed to, but they're very chill & professional I shouldn't have too many restrictions. But don't expect interior maze pics

Oh yea, heard the one old theatre set might actually be used for a show during the event. So we'll see. It's just a rumor at the moment.

I believe there's a stage show now being planned, from what I read on the site, so a theatre set would make sense. Losers Club is also sold out for the first weekend and the 13th. Pick up your tix if y'all are trying to hit this, folks.

Honestly, I haven't looked at the site in over a month, it wasn't on there originally... I know they mentioned it at the panel. Glad it was finally announced & updated for the website. I know last year they had them lip-sync outside the front of the theatre as the Studio Tour tram passed by. This year will be a full blown sit-down show.

And it seems that WB has swiped "Ricky Rocks" from Six Flags for their scarezone/circus area as DJ