WB Studios - A Festival of Frights | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

WB Studios - A Festival of Frights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just realized they're not doing it on Halloween night. They're already open on Thursdays, just go for it haha

Bought my ticket for Thursday the 18th! I'm really looking forward to checking this out! To anyone going opening weekend, I eagerly await your reviews!

I bought my ticket last week for Thursday!

@Wesker69 How long do you think the average wait time for the mazes will be?

Got my ticket for opening night 10/5 a while back. Looks like the only night sold out at the moment, I think. Anyone have any idea on crowd numbers, like how many ticketed guests per night WB is letting in? I would have waited for a later Thursday to go, but since I was already doing USH the night before the 5th and a concert the day after, it only made sense to pop WB in between while I was down in L.A. so I don't have to make another 2 hour drive later this month. Either way, I'm looking forward to see how they do, but I hope crowds are not too over the top.

Due to a new job, I bumped my ticket up to this Saturday. I look forward to hearing how it is from Media Night and will tell you all how it is this Saturday!

I know that ticket sales are drastically more limited than something like HHN. That said, expect operational growing pains - WB has never run an event on this scale before.

Sorry for my absence, been busy with work... :chainsaw: If you go take the WB Studio Tour, you'll get to see the event area first hand, including the Jungle Set (aka- Camp Crystal Lake). As mentioned above, Media Preview is tonight, it should be interesting...

I was hoping I'd have a chance to give you guys a few "spoilers", but sadly I'm in a hurry to get to work. I will say this though- Arkham Asylum, IT, & Conjuring have great set details. Also depending on when you go through IT & Arkham, you might not get the same experience twice due to a few characters sharing scenes. FvsJ "Terror Tram" has a legit cabin set. Its all very immersive. "Fangtasia" will have actual props from True Blood. The merchandise in "Little Shop of Horrors" looks great (yes, there is an event shirt). The "Devil's Drop Tower" ride just arrived on monday. The event entrance is a carnival graveyard btw. It should be fun. Definitely check it out. I can't wait.

BDAdFGa.jpg

pxI3jaY.jpg

LSpfSR7.jpg
NjoIg3F.jpg

XzyHxMe.jpg

Enjoy your small teaser of the event taken from the guest areas of the WB Studio Tour... These are from the other day, sorry for the delay...

I'm suuuuuper stoked about this event! Arkham Asylum is the #1 thing I'm looking forward to. Never did I think there would a haunt maze recreated from one of my favorite video games of all time!

Also, I'm really curious about the Exorcist Forbidden Screening...

Judging by that map, would it make sense to do...
Arkham, Terror Tram, Conjuring, then It?
The tram's route seems to drop you off in the back of the event space, which almost forces you to do this in a very reverse-clockwork fashion. Unless that's what everyone else is doing, then it may be wise to hit It first... hmmm

And wait a second... what's this Little Shop of Horrors thing? I haven't noticed any info on that anywhere. And I don't see the Rivalry stage show anywhere. Did it get replaced with a Little Shop musical? Or is it... literally... a Little Shop gift shop? Bahahaha

I downloaded the app it advertises at the bottom and as of now, it's useless, was hoping it'd be functional for the media preview. Hopefully it's up by Friday.

Also note, it says the last Tram departs at 10:15 which sounds super early considering they close at 1. I know Uni does it because of their neighbors, but what's WB's reason, especially if this mostly on the weekends? Is it just THAT long?

I noticed this little caveat at the bottom of the page... "Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult." Thank you WB, you're doing the lord's work. No annoying teens!

And if anyone has problems with directions... they mispelled "Forest" for Forest Lawn as Forrest Lawn. They also say Gate 9 for parking, but I only know of a Gate 8 in that area, unless they make a new lot. However, if you click "get directions," it then says Gate 8. Forest is still mispelled again though. This is a fairly small parking lot, like... TINY. It's maybe 1/4 or even 1/8 of any one USH parking lot. The capacity must be very very small for this event. I imagine you then walk across the street, over the bridge and on to the lot and then walk around/the side of the entire event space.

Last edited:
If you want some mild spoilers, if you go on Google maps, you can see a lot of what the trail looks like in a POV. It's definitely a lot more closed in than the Terror Tram and I imagine will be very creepy at night. From the looks of the map, it even looks like you go through a cabin/house, which is pretty amazing because they're practical sets and not just facades. It will definitely be terrifying with a small group of people. Not to mention, the trail looks fairly long. And I think it's a specific trail, not something you just wander around in.

As far as it seems, the event sounds rather good.

IT & Conjuring are getting praise for how they have both improved, and Arkham is getting a rather good word. At-least, from what I'm reading around for tonight.

However, it seems like they are prohibiting videotaping for media night.

I've got someone sending me pics/ reviews and oh my the event looks underwhelming so far. Apparently, it's not worth anywhere near the price they've advertised for. IT however is a highlight but the costumes/ makeup is apparently terrible. Conjuring being the most disappointing.

I've got someone sending me pics/ reviews and oh my the event looks underwhelming so far. Apparently, it's not worth anywhere near the price they've advertised for. IT however is a highlight but the costumes/ makeup is apparently terrible. Conjuring being the most disappointing.

IT looks ok but I think the guided tour of Conjuring is what kills it. Scenically though it’s exactly what I would want from a maze off that franchise but if it had Horror Night’s scares it would be amazing.

Very FIRST thing I said was it doesn't sound worth the price! I'm sure someone will come to the rescue and say "but it was a preview night..." BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TRAM?!