Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 300 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just taking another look at the aerials and noticed something interesting.

They've poured a foundation under the turnaround coming out of the station and started putting forms up for the walls. It looks like they're extending the side out and maybe connecting the back end to the existing building to close off the hole?

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
Anyone else notice a new "footer" that may be part of the foundation that encloses the backward section??

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-08-04 03.07.20.png
    Screenshot 2018-08-04 03.07.20.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia

I'm looking at the second pic and all I can think is, "Why is there a dog on the roof of the maintenance building, and is that big guy taking a video of it?"

Have you ever been on the DIY subreddit and there is always a dog in the album some where? This Universal DIY project is going straight to the front page.

An example of a dog in a DIY post:

I was just taking another look at the aerials and noticed something interesting.

They've poured a foundation under the turnaround coming out of the station and started putting forms up for the walls. It looks like they're extending the side out and maybe connecting the back end to the existing building to close off the hole?

I think this’ll be open air also, not a fully enclosed building. Partially covered maybe? A good way to really hide the track switch to maintenance too.

Reactions: gabe3235 and tielo
I think this’ll be open air also, not a fully enclosed building. Partially covered maybe? A good way to really hide the track switch to maintenance too.
My thought is they fill that area with dirt and plant trees. Kind of what Disney is doing with the berm at SWL. Whattya think?

This has gone way over my head.
So, during construction of Mission SPACE, there was visible, A-Frame ladder that was just... There. For months. It rarely moved. Because (at the time) so little was known about the ride system, someone started joking that the ladder was the ride. It became a meme from there. They scoure construction photos for the ladder.

This has gone way over my head.

So, during construction of Mission SPACE, there was visible, A-Frame ladder that was just... There. For months. It rarely moved. Because (at the time) so little was known about the ride system, someone started joking that the ladder was the ride. It became a meme from there. They scour construction photos for the ladder.

Not just during MS construction, though I do think that is where it started, but many projects are not considered underway til a lone ladder is posted to the thread. Once the ladder shows you you know it is happening but when it does the project may be stalled or not have much to show on the forums.

Is the zero g rollback going to be enclosed? And if so, will there be some sort of AA in it? If it isn't enclosed, it would just seem weird just to go up the hill and rollback. It seems like there would be no story purpose to it, if that makes sense.

Is the zero g rollback going to be enclosed? And if so, will there be some sort of AA in it? If it isn't enclosed, it would just seem weird just to go up the hill and rollback. It seems like there would be no story purpose to it, if that makes sense.
It should be enclosed, in a cave... And leading rumor is that there will be spider AAs inside. Still very much unconfirmed at this time though.

Thanks Alicia!! You are very much appreciated. Do you have any idea how long the ride will be and will there be any scenes inside the load building other than what will be in the queu? Thanks as always. Looking so forward to this ride!!
No clue on length, will depend on how long the two show stops and the slow downs will be I guess. I don't think there will be any scenes inside the load building, but I bet the load platform is gonna look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.