Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 316 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not saying it's anything, but there are a few areas of the Orlando site today that are a little buggy compared to previous days.

Could there be an update coming?

Reactions: JoeCamel
This is shaping up to be one of, if not, the best years ever. An equal balance of IP's to originals. None of the IP's (except for Blum) feel forced. All of the originals look to be outstanding. Marketing has killed it. Website design has been way better than years past. I didn't think we would get a year like this until the 30th anniversary since they tend to go all out every 5 years but they have proved me wrong. The only thing that could hurt these houses now are the casts because from a design/story/visual standpoint, they are all great!

Everyone is so hyped, watch the casting fail miserably and turn every house into a F&F-level fiasco. :lol:

For what it’s worth, casting has been feeling pickier than usual this year? And while last year due some things a LOT of new people were hired this year it’s a LOT of “veterans” so to speak.

Of course that doesn’t really mean anything, but I’m trying to keep it optimistic lol

Legacy isn't trying to kill the mood. Just trying to keep expectations in check. Houses that seemed like a homerun underdelivered due to the cast, or some other factors.

Who would've thought Blumhouse would be ranked so high for many last year? Fallen was solid opening weekend, but ultimately fell to the bottom of lists by the end. During HHN 24, AVP was a lock for many until they experienced it and it was just OK.

Ghost Town and Dead Waters were pretty to look at but didn't have the scares (or in DW's case, length).

It is a stellar line-up, though and has a chance to be all-time. Just gotta "wait-n-see".

This sounds like an amazing year and almost every original is something im drooling over.
And just watched Poltergeist over the weekend and am really looking forward to seeing how they pull it off. I haven't been disappointed in the throw back houses - AWiL, Exorcist, Shining. Booking my trip next week !

Legacy isn't trying to kill the mood. Just trying to keep expectations in check. Houses that seemed like a homerun underdelivered due to the cast, or some other factors.

Who would've thought Blumhouse would be ranked so high for many last year? Fallen was solid opening weekend, but ultimately fell to the bottom of lists by the end. During HHN 24, AVP was a lock for many until they experienced it and it was just OK.

Ghost Town and Dead Waters were pretty to look at but didn't have the scares (or in DW's case, length).

It is a stellar line-up, though and has a chance to be all-time. Just gotta "wait-n-see".

Going back to the AVP discussion thread, it didn’t seem like people were that excited. I think excitement would’ve been through the roof if they’d gotten to do the original Alien.

All I was saying is this year COULD be amazing, just like every year. Is it so bad to have high hopes?

I'm in the boat of keeping my expectations in check, now does this year look good? Well considering I'm seriously planning on attending this year because of the lineup, that's a resounding yes! But when you keep expectations in check, you can avoid overhyping yourself a la' 20 Years of Fear*.

* = A year I find fascinating, the potential of the lineup was through the roof, but that year out of all the others seemed to suffer the most from overhype be it from guests own expectations, hype from A&D/Marketing...and the overall execution of some houses which weren't the homeruns they could've been. (Lookin' at you, Hades, Legendary Truth, The Hallow'd Past (But mostly 2008), Echoes of Shadybrook.)

I'm in the boat of keeping my expectations in check, now does this year look good? Well considering I'm seriously planning on attending this year because of the lineup, that's a resounding yes! But when you keep expectations in check, you can avoid overhyping yourself a la' 20 Years of Fear*.

* = A year I find fascinating, the potential of the lineup was through the roof, but that year out of all the others seemed to suffer the most from overhype be it from guests own expectations, hype from A&D/Marketing...and the overall execution of some houses which weren't the homeruns they could've been. (Lookin' at you, Hades, Legendary Truth, The Hallow'd Past (But mostly 2008), Echoes of Shadybrook.)

SEEMS like they were on a tight budget with HHN 20–remember, Uni wasn’t in the best straits attendance-wise pre-Potter, so I’m guessing that manifested itself that year.

Also Fear being a marketing force-on. If he had been, say, a member of A&D in the early ‘90s who came up with so much of the ideas, but got in trouble somehow, was fired and then burned himself alive (Uni covered it up?) and for 20 he’s back for revenge, I think that would’ve been a cool idea.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit