Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see one thrill outdoor coaster, even if it's only lightly themed, for kinetic energy in the park. And then additionally, the Donkey Kong family coaster, heavily themed, for the Nintendo area. I would doubt that DK could be seen outside of the Nintendo area.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I would doubt that DK could be seen outside of the Nintendo area.

Will certainly be interesting to see, especially if the land is reconfigured. The original idea was nothing was to be seen outside the area. But with it becoming the centerpiece area of the park, I could see them showing off DK much like BTM and Splash are shown off to people across FL and Liberty Square.

Which is fine, but I think that’s highly overrated. Having one big coaster isn’t bringing in that many more people than having a better themed Potter like coaster to fit a little shorter of a height requirement.
The way I see it it’s diversity of rides. Not everyone wants to ride dark rides or water rides but something a little more intense. Not saying those other ones can’t be just that a coaster would be a nice addition.

I’ve ridden it multiple times, but I never saw it with a full train. You can’t blame that on the capacity or queue.

Dragon Challenge had a capacity of 3,000+ guests an hour. With the required putting stuff in the locker, walking to the castle itself, and then queuing it was easily a 20+ min wait. You just spent more time actually walking rather than standing.

The way I see it it’s diversity of rides. Not everyone wants to ride dark rides or water rides but something a little more intense. Not saying those other ones can’t be just that a coaster would be a nice addition.

Diversity is what separates Disneyland/Magic Kingdom from the rest of the parks. There's something for everyone to do.

Something I kinda wonder about this park is if it’ll be more exploration-heavy, or will it be more linear like IOA and USF. I want lands I can get lost in.

My guess is it'll be the former. Hogsmeade, Diagon, and what we've seen from Nintendo leads me to believe it'll be a wandering park.

Heck even things like Kong and Fallon make it clear UC wants to design things where you can get lost for an hour or two.

My guess is it'll be the former. Hogsmeade, Diagon, and what we've seen from Nintendo leads me to believe it'll be a wandering park.

Heck even things like Kong and Fallon make it clear UC wants to design things where you can get lost for an hour or two.

While we’re on this topic, I’m really hoping that they widen SNW. It’s clear that there’s exploration there, but it’ll probably be so crowded that it wouldn’t have any impact at all.

Reactions: therock
Something I kinda wonder about this park is if it’ll be more exploration-heavy, or will it be more linear like IOA and USF. I want lands I can get lost in.

More likely the direction Universal is going... which is the reason why I don't want an exposed steel coaster taking over the skylines.

I expect lots of interactivity. If we end up getting something Fantastic Beasts, more than likely they will have some interactive wands spots. Nintendo lends itself very easily to include things you touch/play with. DreamWorks easily translates itself to play areas and such. This park has so much potential to be more interesting than any other park (even DisneySea).

I hope your right as I see this park setting a new standard for creating fun interactive immersive lands.

Hopefully Uni Creative has been given the reins to go all out on every aspect from the hotels to the park entrance.

Two new Notice of Commencements were just filed for "Site Development Services" for the SLRC land. The most interesting bit is their expiration date is April 30th 2020. These NoCs are in reference to the Mass Grading and Fill permits that were filed with Orange County a few months ago. This likely means veritical/actual park construction will begin sometime in 2020 (or maybe even earlier) after this work is completed.

(Sorry that the PDF imaging function of the bot is still broken)

Two new Notice of Commencements were just filed for "Site Development Services" for the SLRC land. The most interesting bit is their expiration date is April 30th 2020. These NoCs are in reference to the Mass Grading and Fill permits that were filed with Orange County a few months ago. This likely means veritical/actual park construction will begin sometime in 2020 (or maybe even earlier) after this work is completed.

:freak:

If Loews is still going to be their partners on Site B, I would not expect the hotels to be much different than what we see currently
Which is fine as none of the current Universal Resort hotels are bad in my opinion. I’m talking about theming or design elements. I don’t think it really matters who is the hotel partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.