Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 331 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think SNW is the first land that really focuses on a video game type world. Waiting to see the reception for that would be optimal before adding any more IPs like that.

That whole Beijing layout leak gets me really excited for what’s coming here. The KFP indoor-land is (most likely) being built here as well, and the Jurassic World area is really interesting. The future is bright.

Reactions: shiekra38
Just saying, there is a ton of Monsters merch in the Film Vault store at the Studios

I know HHN is upon us....I just find it interesting they're pushing so much Monsters merch out

Just saying, there is a ton of Monsters merch in the Film Vault store at the Studios

I know HHN is upon us....I just find it interesting they're pushing so much Monsters merch out

Low-key, I am not going to be shocked if some of that merchandise is actually also for Hollywood, considering how it always seems inter-changeable for HHN in some years for merchandise (and also, considering Universal Monsters - Music by Slash).

Reactions: shiekra38
I am not sure who owns the rights and such, but if they did like a Fantasy area, is "THE NEVER ENDING STORY" still popular or am I showing my age. Also, since we already have Scooby Doo at UNI, could they do like Hanna Barbera area? Probably not, but I miss the days of growing up and going to King's Dominion and they had Scooby Doo, Smurfs, Fred and Barney, and a few others. See now I am showing my age

I am not sure who owns the rights and such, but if they did like a Fantasy area, is "THE NEVER ENDING STORY" still popular or am I showing my age. Also, since we already have Scooby Doo at UNI, could they do like Hanna Barbera area? Probably not, but I miss the days of growing up and going to King's Dominion and they had Scooby Doo, Smurfs, Fred and Barney, and a few others. See now I am showing my age

Hanna Barbera may be tricky for all of it, but I think it would be a great idea to see if they can get Scooby-Doo in for at-least the classic image (considering that it's practically nowhere now in regional parks).

Hanna Barbera may be tricky for all of it, but I think it would be a great idea to see if they can get Scooby-Doo in for at-least the classic image (considering that it's practically nowhere now in regional parks).
Yeah would be nice, I even remember before Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks, and maybe a little after I think riding the Scooby doo dark ride, that you also shot at targets, I think I rode it at both King's Dominion & King's Island. Oh and I think @Disneyhead or someone brought up some memories of the old KD, with Yogi's Cave, Smurf Mountain, and oh yeah the Scooby Doo Coaster.

Yeah would be nice, I even remember before Cedar Fair bought the Paramount parks, and maybe a little after I think riding the Scooby doo dark ride, that you also shot at targets, I think I rode it at both King's Dominion & King's Island. Oh and I think @Disneyhead or someone brought up some memories of the old KD, with Yogi's Cave, Smurf Mountain, and oh yeah the Scooby Doo Coaster.
I worked on the audio loop mix for Smurf Mtn. And I loved Yogi's Cave, the great grandfather of Camp Jurassic. And I would love to see what RMC could do with The Scooby Doo Coaster.

I worked on the audio loop mix for Smurf Mtn. And I loved Yogi's Cave, the great grandfather of Camp Jurassic. And I would love to see what RMC could do with The Scooby Doo Coaster.
Thats really cool you did that. Oh wow could you imagine bring Scooby Doo to the new park and do a RMC SCOOBY DOO coaster. Hey the trains could be made to look like the Mystery Machine.

I think it's obvious that they need to go after the simulator-genre of video games for a "simulator land". Goat and Tractor simulators of course!

Reactions: HPFred
Now that theme parks have ventured into electronic games and sports, I'm hope Uni will capitalize on the trend with a whole land based on...
Matel_Football_I.jpg

I love that game!

If Illumination or Dreamworks ever did a Scooby Movie, and it came to the parks...I would cry

I'm not sure who owns Scooby now that I think about it

Reactions: therock
Is it likely/possible that Universal will go for a Beijing-style layout instead of a hub-and-spoke layout? Beijing’s layout is perfect as for the limited amount of walking time, and the smaller lagoon allows for awesome views without tiring you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.