Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

Again, it’s a pale imitation. It half-assed the songs it did, and most of the performances were half-assed as well.

Also gonna need a source on “did better with the public”
Rotten Tomatoes (86% vrs 82%); Also scored "A" with CinemaScore. The songs were throwaways in the live action version. It also hews closer to the book. I wasn't fond of the animated version as I felt the animation style didn't work (Xeroxgraphy is not a style for everything) and felt it looked kind of stick-figured. The remake also fared far better with critics overall.

Rotten Tomatoes (86% vrs 82%); Also scored "A" with CinemaScore. The songs were throwaways in the live action version. It also hews closer to the book. I wasn't fond of the animated version as I felt the animation style didn't work (Xeroxgraphy is not a style for everything) and felt it looked kind of stick-figured. The remake also fared far better with critics overall.
Come on. Rotten Tomatoes? Really?

I am not a big fan of the 2016 film either but I haven’t seen the original animated film since.... it came out. Interesting that it may be on a drawing board somewhere.

Come on. Rotten Tomatoes? Really?
Yes, RT in a website the collects hundreds of reviews and bases its score on the combination rather than one or two. Of course there are people who are always like "Oh what do critics know". But it scored just as high with the general populace. So if a film has great reviews, great feedback AND does box-office, there is no reason to NOT want to use that. And since its photo realistic it would be much better to use than a cartoon, unless you want an India version of "Frozen".

I disagree. While I like the cartoon. The feature film had great special effects, and a great cast. My only real complaint is the under use of Kaa.

If they are really making a "Pirates" ride, the live action film would suit it better anyway.

Plus, the Jungle Book movie was popular, and a sequel is on it's way. So...no brainer.
It’ll flop like Alice Through the Looking Glass.

It’ll flop like Alice Through the Looking Glass.
Possibly... but the film only covered the first half of the book. But for a ride especially, the live action version makes much more
sense

I'd really like to see more WS pavilions. At least those dont go out of date

Again, it’s a pale imitation. It half-assed the songs it did, and most of the performances were half-assed as well.

Also gonna need a source on “did better with the public”

The original Jungle Book had better voices and the animation was very good in my opinion. Phil Harris as Baloo, Sebastian Cabot as Bagheera, Sterling Holloway as Kaa, Louis Prima as King Louis, George Sanders as Shere Khan (probably one of the best voices in the business, challenged by Christopher Lee and James Earl Jones), and other others. Plus, the songs were awesome. Colonel Hathi's March, The Bare Necessities, I Wanna Be Like You, and "We Are Friends" are the kind that you can happily sing along with. One thing influencing my opinion is that I loved the original Iif you can't tell) and couldn't quite get past that fact to enjoy the remake. Plus, CGI is good but something still feels off with the eyes of the animals in the remake.

No matter what, a Jungle Book ride would be so much fun and could be taken in so many different directions or stories.

The "permanent" WiR playground is already gone.

To be fair, when Blog Mickey posted that it was permanent, they made clear that the WiR theme wasn't permanent, but just the playground. It would then be sponsored by different films or whatever throughout the year.

Of course since the hype train hasn't even gotten off the ground for WiR2 yet, it's odd it would go up and come down so fast.

To be fair, when Blog Mickey posted that it was permanent, they made clear that the WiR theme wasn't permanent, but just the playground. It would then be sponsored by different films or whatever throughout the year.

Of course since the hype train hasn't even gotten off the ground for WiR2 yet, it's odd it would go up and come down so fast.

Wonder if it's an insurance/poor design thing, like the water play area by Dumbo they ended up having to fence off.

I keep reading the article weirdly...it sounds like everything before the industrial revolution will get a slight update and everything after will be drastically changed.
Correct. That much we already had heard. As well as them adding modern projection mapping effects to the dome scene at the very top. Being closed for more than 2 years, and the post-show building being rebuilt is new info though. Exciting and strange times ahead for this park.

Correct. That much we already had heard. As well as them adding modern projection mapping effects to the dome scene at the very top. Being closed for more than 2 years, and the post-show building being rebuilt is new info though. Exciting and strange times ahead for this park.
As long as they leave Living with the Land alone, I'll be okay.:'(

#BringBackJeremyIronsAndTheAT&TEndingToSpaceshipEarth
YES! Vic Perrin (original narrator) and Jeremy Irons were my favorites. Hated when they canned "Tomorrows Child" ending to put up black curtains and the interactive screens.
Hopefully the updates will include more recent technological advances and WILL NOT include any Disney characters.
This ride, along with COP, is something that should be refreshed and updated but NOT radically changed.