Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walking Dead Attraction: Stay or Go?

Do you believe TWDA should stay or go?

• Stay

• Go

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Keep in mind you can't build a dark ride like Mr. Toad anymore. Its clearances are very out-of-code and only continue to exist thanks to grandfathering laws.

Truth. On my sole ride of Mr. Toad, I was amazed at how close the figures were to the point that you could reach out and grab them.

If the Walking Dead gets replaced by another attraction I am fine with that. If it turns into a shop, restaurant, queue for Pets, or gets shuttered without a replacement then I am against it.

If the Walking Dead gets replaced by another attraction I am fine with that. If it turns into a shop, restaurant, queue for Pets, or gets shuttered without a replacement then I am against it.

I think it will be part of the queue as you suggested for SLOP. Satellite views of the show building compared to other rides just make this a logical choice. During construction, they can keep TWD open, but come 2020, they can just close TWD and finish it off as queue area. Just my opinion.

I think it will be part of the queue as you suggested for SLOP. Satellite views of the show building compared to other rides just make this a logical choice. During construction, they can keep TWD open, but come 2020, they can just close TWD and finish it off as queue area. Just my opinion.

I agree with your logic, but SLOP is built on the second floor so that the first floor can be the queue and shop. Not sure they need TWD space now based on their plans.

I'd rather see it become some kind of other attraction so that we increase the ride count in the park.

I agree with your logic, but SLOP is built on the second floor so that the first floor can be the queue and shop. Not sure they need TWD space now based on their plans.

I'd rather see it become some kind of other attraction so that we increase the ride count in the park.

I agree. Universal just needs more rides. It is too easy to do everything in the park before the afternoon.

This is what Universal needs to do:

1. More Rides

2. More Live Entertainment (walk around bands)

3. Close at later in the evening

4. More Exclusive Food Offerings

5. Better AP perks

I couldn't find anywhere where it says the ride is limited to the second floor.

I agree. Universal just needs more rides. It is too easy to do everything in the park before the afternoon.

This is what Universal needs to do:

1. More Rides

2. More Live Entertainment (walk around bands)

3. Close at later in the evening

4. More Exclusive Food Offerings

5. Better AP perks

If I could add to your list, change the Simpsons ride to one that has a higher capacity per hour. Even with both towers at full operation, they maybe get +/- 1600 riders an hour if they are lucky.

This is such a huge building that could have another great ride (NO 3D though).

If I could add to your list, change the Simpsons ride to one that has a higher capacity per hour. Even with both towers at full operation, they maybe get +/- 1600 riders an hour if they are lucky.

This is such a huge building that could have another great ride (NO 3D though).

Yeah other rides are pushing 2000+ theoretical guest counts. That is the reason Simpsons has a higher wait time than other major rides.

It most likely is. The building would need some queue line, even though it is rumored to have a virtual queue.

Exactly...rumored. Other post made it sound like we knew already. I still think it is a two story ride, part of the queue on the bottom and extended into TWD. Just my opinion. We will have to wait and see.

Exactly...rumored. Other post made it sound like we knew already. I still think it is a two story ride, part of the queue on the bottom and extended into TWD. Just my opinion. We will have to wait and see.
You may be right! Walking Dead has overstayed its welcome within the park. I wouldnt mind seeing it taken out for more room in "Illumination Land"

I couldn't find anywhere where it says the ride is limited to the second floor.

If you checkout the SLOP thread you will see construction pictures of the ride system only on the second floor. You may get a pre show on the 1st but it's mainly looking like queue and shop. That matches the original plans that other members saw.

I think if they were going to use the Walking Dead for SLOP it would have come down before construction, that makes me think they have other plans for it.

I still think another walk-through attraction or maze would still be viable.
I think The Walking Dead is just...well... dead. Viewership is a lot lower than it used to be and there just isn't the hype around it there once was. Not to mention, the maze itself is rather lack-luster and short. Not only does it not have any impressive scenes to wow the GP, it struggles to be liked by the HHN buffs as well so it does not really have a place amoung either.

If you checkout the SLOP thread you will see construction pictures of the ride system only on the second floor. You may get a pre show on the 1st but it's mainly looking like queue and shop. That matches the original plans that other members saw.

My impressions are that USH want's this to act similarly to DCA's little mermaid. Meaning it'll have minimal queue experience but completely eat guests up with about a 3 minute ride. (just guessing here).