Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

No! The "secret" bathrooms are gone?!? :'(

That said, they were never really that practical unless you were actually waiting for the Tiki Room. Plus, they were really small. So operationally, no big loss. I can see why they'd do it.

But it was still cool to use something probably 98% of most guests didn't know about.

Jedi Training is closing, and is not going to help CM's affected by it for transitioning.

Not surprising. Disney has been doing more and more of that with performers to keeps costs down. Cheaper to hire new people off the street then to pay people after they've been there for twelve years.

Anybody look at Screamscape? There’s a rumor that DLR may be interested in building their 3rd park where Angels Stadium is as that may be up for sale soon.

I don’t see it happening for a long, LONG time, but it would be great to break up the crowds.

Anybody look at Screamscape? There’s a rumor that DLR may be interested in building their 3rd park where Angels Stadium is as that may be up for sale soon.

I don’t see it happening for a long, LONG time, but it would be great to break up the crowds.
DLR desperately needs a 3rd park. They have more visitors often than they can physically cram in.

BOLD CLAIM: DLR will announce a 3rd park in the next 10 years.

Why? Out of sheer necessity. Once they start losing money due to not being able to physically meet the demands of guests, they will build a 3rd gate. It won't be a water park. It will be a full-fledged theme park.

Just to be clear, they won't have a park BUILT in 10 years, but only that they will announce the 3rd gate. TBH, I calculate 15 years as the earliest the new park would open.

I'm pretty positive they already have the theme and concept. They just need the land. Additionally, they need a business friendly city council, unlike the one they have now.

It is very telling that they are purportedly already scouting for the location of their 3rd gate.

I say a third park will be announced but never get built. Mark my words. DLR struggles enough getting guests to go to DCA.

DLR should've built more rides long ago in both parks, just like we brought up of there being a lack of rides on the entire East end of DL. It's not going to help when Marvel is going to open with no rides.

There's so much bureaucracy in Disney management it's keeping them from expanding.

If they do build a 3rd park (Which they SHOULD. Not in freaking China or Spain), it has to be TDS-calibur and not another DCA (Not even the DCA now). They desperately need the relief from the crowds.

Disney will take any land they can get their hands on in Anaheim. Their situation there is very similar to UOR. They are landlocked with zero room to expand. And I mean zero, zip, nada. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they nab this land. I wouldn't be certain of a 3rd gate until Disney has conducted a study to determine whether the market is ready for it, but they will absolutely be VERY interested.

I would personally love it if Disney opened a park at the Angels Stadium. As someone who often goes to Disneyland by train, the thought of a Disney park being right smack next to the train station seems really cool.

That’s interesting. If Disney go ahead with the plan I’m sure they’ll be watching what Universal do with their new park and how they connect the resorts.

Certain things have to happen before Disney even considers a new park:
-More hotels (shocked at how they haven't added more, and they should really add a large/value moderate hotel)
-Water Park (not really needed, but surprised Disney hasn't attempted it considering how hot it can get in SoCal)
-Parking situation (even with the new garage they still need more parking closer to the resort, something has to be done BEFORE they even work on a new park)
-Disneyland East (Tomorrowland & Fantasyland need updates.)
-DCA still needs to fix that mess called Hollywoodland

However, I don't think Disney will build a new park in the stadium location. The Toy Story parking lot is a lot closer and easier to transport guests between, not too mention that they can connect it to (hopefully) the Eastern Gateway project if it ever becomes reality.

Sure they might have some old plans (WestCot, DisneySea, etc.) already, but I'm sure they will create something new just to fit whatever IPs they want.

It's not even a sure thing that the Angels are leaving Anaheim. They're still at Angel Stadium at least through 2019 and with a new mayor and some city counsel members being elected, they could very easily turn around and strike a deal to keep the team in the city. The only reason that the Angels are even thinking of leaving anyway is because the city didn't want to pay for major upgrades to Angel Stadium back in 2014.

I still don't understand why Disney just doesn't buy up GardenWalk if they were to want to build a third park. It's closer than Angel Stadium and the land is pretty much connected to the Toy Story Lot.

It's not even a sure thing that the Angels are leaving Anaheim. They're still at Angel Stadium at least through 2019 and with a new mayor and some city counsel members being elected, they could very easily turn around and strike a deal to keep the team in the city. The only reason that the Angels are even thinking of leaving anyway is because the city didn't want to pay for major upgrades to Angel Stadium back in 2014.

I still don't understand why Disney just doesn't buy up GardenWalk if they were to want to build a third park. It's closer than Angel Stadium and the land is pretty much connected to the Toy Story Lot.

Any time I've been there, outside of Cheesecake Factory, it's been dead.