Disneyland Resort | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At the expense of being in both of the parks.

It's apparently still at Sunset Showcase, as of now.

I'm not toooooo too bothered about that just because of the whole Pixar Fest thing happening. At least it's relevant for what's going on. That Force Awakens thing didn't really make any sense. Every time I was at the park I thought "that movie came out 3 years ago, why are they still showing a preview for it??" haha

Like, at least update it with a preview of the next SW film to be coming out.

Just like the Pixar Short Film Festival makes no sense in Future World, how does it make ANY sense in Tomorrowland thematically in Disneyland?

Reactions: SkiBum
Soooo this is happening in Tomorrowland..

Could just be routine maintenance as I imagine it was severely sun damaged after 15 or so years of being up there and soaking in the California sun every day.

I would love if they remove this ride (on both coasts) for something else. With TSMM at both resorts, it negates the need for this ride and it also is just severely dated. A Wreck-it Ralph themed shooter (themed to "Hero's Duty") could work, but I sort of want a bit bigger change.

So....not sure what's up with this. They stopped work on the new hotel because they would not be getting the tax break, and now they are saying they don't want any tax breaks now. This would also potentially end the agreement they had for holding back the gate tax if they invested $1 billion in the resort.

Not sure what TDA is thinking right now.

So....not sure what's up with this. They stopped work on the new hotel because they would not be getting the tax break, and now they are saying they don't want any tax breaks now. This would also potentially end the agreement they had for holding back the gate tax if they invested $1 billion in the resort.

Not sure what TDA is thinking right now.
They are playing the long game. It may seem odd, but I think it will work.

As I've said over and over, people only go to Anaheim for Disneyland. Sometimes a convention, but why do you think there's a convention center right next door? It's no coincidence.

I know Anaheim is trying to say they want to put their foot down and show Disney doesn't own the city, but Disney also isn't going to put up with their BS. This isn't a good look from either side as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: alomar and HereWeGo
It’s needed, though. Most people will have to work for the rest of their lives, and that’s just to barely skate by. SoCal is even worse. IMO, the country-wide minimum wage should be 17$.
Not to take take this forum off course but $17 an hour minimum wage across the board is a significantly bad idea. Companies would halt hiring and in return begin layoffs to help off set the increase, company investments for better products would halt in favor of automated/robotic labor, full time employment would be decreased, inflation would surge across the board, and skilled professions would be in serious jeopardy as why would a high school graduate want to go to college for a higher education if the pay is relative to just quickly grabbing a Job at McDonalds. What’s always lost is minimum wage is increasing but all those who worked hard, got degrees, and put years into to be at their pay don’t get the pay increase. So is that fair I ask? I call it eerily similar to communism and well hell Karl Marx even said it’s a good idea but will never work.

This would just the start of serious economic troubles. A trickle down effect would spread through all businesses.

Me and my wife worked are butts off to be where we are at in life, barely middle class, and that is how it should be. Keep working harder to better your situation. Not well life is expensive so here we will pay you more so you don’t struggle so much.

I no their are certain circumstances out their that can make a bad situation worse but you just need to weather it and try and rise above not just complain to get your way. I tell my daughter the same thing when she complains to get what she wants.

Some may say I’m being heartless and don’t care but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. My parents had rough spots and crawled their way out, my wife’s parents the same, me and wife have both been in the same place. We fought back and regained our feet. Life isn’t always fair so you can either stand your ground or sadly,as many do now, complain and blame until someone gives you what you want. I say stand and make it yourself.

Not to take take this forum off course but $17 an hour minimum wage across the board is a significantly bad idea. Companies would halt hiring and in return begin layoffs to help off set the increase, company investments for better products would halt in favor of automated/robotic labor, full time employment would be decreased, inflation would surge across the board, and skilled professions would be in serious jeopardy as why would a high school graduate want to go to college for a higher education if the pay is relative to just quickly grabbing a Job at McDonalds. What’s always lost is minimum wage is increasing but all those who worked hard, got degrees, and put years into to be at their pay don’t get the pay increase. So is that fair I ask? I call it eerily similar to communism and well hell Karl Marx even said it’s a good idea but will never work.

This would just the start of serious economic troubles. A trickle down effect would spread through all businesses.

Me and my wife worked are butts off to be where we are at in life, barely middle class, and that is how it should be. Keep working harder to better your situation. Not well life is expensive so here we will pay you more so you don’t struggle so much.

I no their are certain circumstances out their that can make a bad situation worse but you just need to weather it and try and rise above not just complain to get your way. I tell my daughter the same thing when she complains to get what she wants.

Some may say I’m being heartless and don’t care but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. My parents had rough spots and crawled their way out, my wife’s parents the same, me and wife have both been in the same place. We fought back and regained our feet. Life isn’t always fair so you can either stand your ground or sadly,as many do now, complain and blame until someone gives you what you want. I say stand and make it yourself.

Agreed. It should not be a living wage and increasing it would cause a major increase in other costs (ex. Fast Food restaurants) that would be passed down to the consumers.

Back to Disneyland. Has anyone been through recently and how noticeable is SWL from within the park? WestCoaster shows that it is noticeable but it doesn't look bad to me. Of course, I'm also the dope who doesn't get worked up if I see Space Mountain while riding Big Thunder (Augh!!! The magic is gone. I really wasn't in the Old West!!!).

Reactions: Freak