Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

...My guessing..purely that.

Who's to say they may not try to do something crazy, maybe test an additional night with the event done in a different..operation, per-say? That's my "out there" guess.

And for reasoning...Hollywood, is seemingly testing the waters this weekend on "Family" content, doing something more akin to a certain park in the red sun.

Family content? :puke:

GIT OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

To sum it up..Universal Osaka does things..shall we say, "differently" when it comes to Halloween.

They have Scare Experiences and Mazes (with some of the mazes in the day even); but in the daytime, they have fun family options with quite a few of the characters.

And interestingly, this year; Hollywood is allowing young kids to come to the parks in costume, and meet the specially festive versions of Meet and Greet characters. And that, Osaka also handles HHN not in the means of a hard ticket event.

Almost, like Mardi Gras in a strange way.

That's awesome! I would love for something like that!

Who's to say, it can't be getting ST open for Park Hours? Hollywood is doing Public Lights On Tours during the 29th to the 2nd, so who's to say Universal Orlando may be wanting to up the anty?

Plus, it's a huge IP that'd get the eye of park guests, because of how relevant it is.

Last edited:
So theoretically if some of the mazes (or just ST) were to open during the day would you need a HHN ticket to go in, would it be included, or would it be a small price (maybe around $10-$20)?

So theoretically if some of the mazes (or just ST) were to open during the day would you need a HHN ticket to go in, would it be included, or would it be a small price (maybe around $10-$20)?

I would wonder about that too.

While it doesn't seem like there will be actors, Hollywood will have ST available for Daytime Lights On as part of full on admission.

And if I'm not mistaken, Osaka follows more of a ticketing system, one more often known from when you remember of Hogsmeade and Diagon.

Should scarezones always have "victim roles"
Do they really add to the experience?
Do guests really like having that in the streets?

I know in some zones like purge victims were necessary for the auction show, but , should uni cast more regular roles?
Twisted tradition has the 2-3 victim characters by the church, but to me it feels like most people dont really think much of seeing them, and then those coyld be 3 actors that could be made scary. Or made into scary characters,

Vamp has the party goers, but it feels to me like all the actors should be vampires?
I dont think most people notice the victim party goers at vamp.

I get that uni has these roles for immersion and for telling a story within the zone, i get the purpose they have,

But i dont think in practice it has always worked. Im sure some hhn fans find them very enjoyable, but to me simetimes it feels like some zones are hurt by these roles because the zone feels understaffed of scary roles.

Twisted tradition sometimes is missing a bunch of pumpkin creatures, but the victim actors are there at the entrance. Which feels strange, because i think people would rather see more pumkin monsters.
Same with vamp. I think it would have benefit from having the party goers be turned vampires.

I dont know, this might be a weird rant. Sometimes it just feels like the actor could have been given a scary role. Or that the zone would need more scary roles

IF they open any houses during the day, I wouldn't expect actors to be in the houses. No one has been notified and it's in less than a week. If they were to spring this on people at this point, there would be pretty much nobody in the houses anyway. They can't be forced to work if they weren't scheduled for it two weeks ahead of time.

if they open the houses during the day, they still need to have the guides inside to make sure people dont break everything and make sure they dont get lost, so i dont know....

and as for the actors, what if they got actors like the guys that work the Kong line? how many people work the kong line anyway? couldnt people like them be called? or something like that?

I think that by opening up a house or two during the regular park day, they are essentially giving guests a sample of what HHN is like. If they really enjoy those one or two houses, they may end up buying a ticket to experience the whole event, whereas if they didn't get to try out those houses they may have never considered going to HHN at all. Personally, I think it would be a pretty smart marketing move on their part.

If the house has actors and it’s free then that’s a slight to paying HHN customers. Doubt there are any in the house if open.

I don't know, its just one house, and who knows how long it would be open for or how long the line would get.
It would kinda be like when a new ride is doing soft openings or something.... I dont know if people would get mad if they paid for hhn, seeing how you get 10 houses and 7 zones

It sounds like they may be asking the general public to help with the HHN tear-down. Because if they let day crowds walk through that thing with the lights on...that house will get tore up!!!

i wonder if the daytime people would be more respectful or not. people wont be drunk that early lol, and the daytime crowds tend to be families and not the kind of people that go to HHN

I think that by opening up a house or two during the regular park day, they are essentially giving guests a sample of what HHN is like. If they really enjoy those one or two houses, they may end up buying a ticket to experience the whole event, whereas if they didn't get to try out those houses they may have never considered going to HHN at all. Personally, I think it would be a pretty smart marketing move ontheir part.

I wonder how many complaints guest services will get from the people that got too scared. or how many people will get furious and yell at the actors for scaring them

If UO follows USH next year with family halloween stuff during the day, I hope that they can decorate the park a bit more with typical Halloween stuff. Pumpkins and fall garland throughout the entrance area, buildings not a part of decorated as well. As much as Orlando markets itself as a the "Halloween Capital of the World" there's not much outside of attending HHN and Not-So Scary.

2017 Me: "I'm noticing definite attempts to make the event more family-accessible, if not necessarily family-friendly"

2017 Most Everyone Else: "You're crazy Schuck!"

September 2018 Most Everyone Else: "See? Aiello tweeted about it, said it will always be grim-dark!"

End of October 2018 Most Everyone Else: "Sure, opening up a couple houses to encourage kids to go through during the day is a great idea! Makes perfect sense."

There was a time HHN houses--even without actors--were no place to take a kid. It was a time we also had scantily-clad shot girls and scare-actors dressed as clowns scared people rather than posing for selfies.

the daytime crowds tend to be families and not the kind of people that go to HHN

Maybe if they did it throughout the event. But if they do this as a one-time thing during the typical dead last week of October? That daytime crowd is going to be nothing but HHN fans coming out for the novelty.