Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Noticed the emptiness in Scary Tales last night as well, causing a less than great run. Last few runs have suffered because of it, knocking it down my list.

As far as scare zones, I think Chucky has surpassed Vamp. They're all fun, but Vamp (save for a few actors) has gotten lazy. Klowns still owns my heart.

Scary staffing was always an issue for me, it's not high on my list for that reason.

Chucky is better than Vamp during the middle of the night, lots of characters, guest interaction, and fun. Not necessarily scary but what scare zones are now a days? My issue with Vamp is it didn't feel like the actors were allowed to create characters like they did in '55, if that makes sense. KK is great but is a selfie zone, Harvest is what it is, Twisted Traditions is a great traditional zone.

Scary staffing was always an issue for me, it's not high on my list for that reason.

Chucky is better than Vamp during the middle of the night, lots of characters, guest interaction, and fun. Not necessarily scary but what scare zones are now a days? My issue with Vamp is it didn't feel like the actors were allowed to create characters like they did in '55, if that makes sense. KK is great but is a selfie zone, Harvest is what it is, Twisted Traditions is a great traditional zone.

I didn't have any problems with Scary staffing until the past week. I always had great runs through. Last 3 runs though have been mediocre at best, to the point of my wife saying "Well that was crap" after last night's run.

I agree there is something off with Vamp, though; so maybe you're right with that observation. It is still fun, though. With Klowns, I love it because it's something I've always wanted to see come to life - so I'm going to be extremely biased towards it.

Last edited:
With Klowns, I love it because it's something I've always wanted to see come to life - so I'm going to be extremely biased towards it.

I don't have the deep seeded love that most have for the KKFOS movie, but still thought that the zone was a ton of fun.

Yeah, when I went through Scary Tales last night, I didn't see a single actor in the Little Mermaid room. The first couple scenes of Halloween 4 were empty as well.

Anyways, I enjoyed the event! I don't think there's a bad house this year, but I'm hesitant to give anything higher than a 9. Slaughter Sinema, Dead Exposure, and Trick 'r Treat are the top 3 IMO with Poltergeist/Scary Tales/Seeds of Extinction not far behind. I'll post more in the review thread

Reactions: Lucky Planet
I’ve done the 3 houses listed below 12+ times each. Yet there are 3 scares that have completely eluded me thus far (very, very minor spoilers for TrT, Scary Tales, and CG below)

1. The principal in Trick ‘r Treat

2. The scare immediately following the car that lights up and honks in Carnival Graveyard.

3. The lion in Scary Tales.

Some scares I seem to get every single time, and some I never get.

Last edited:
Now I’m fully aware scareactors are the lifeblood of the event and they do a great job and work very hard for the most part, but anyone get a sense of entitlement this year.

They seem to relish in the fact that people start to recognise them, almost like they think they’re celebrities. Also the times I went, there were more than a few occasions when I had a feeling they were performing for their friends, or people who go to HHN pretty much every night. Like they have a cool exclusive club, and anyone who doesn’t know who they are or go super often aren’t worthy.

Also had a few house runs where I was near people who obviously knew scareactors and they would have banter and target them exclusively in houses, I felt like a wasn’t even there sometimes. Started getting on my nerves a bit.

Feel free to shoot me down if you think I’m way off base.
Sounds like you’re talking about either Vamp or Chucky. That’s where I see this happen.

Springfield leads to Seeds of Extinction and Slaughter Cinema when it releases. One group leaves from each end.

Also, is Diagon a scarezones this year? I’ve seen no mention of it, but I’m pretty sure it has been in the past.
Diagon has never been a scare Zone. The whole London area is devoid of Halloween theming.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I didn't have any problems with Scary staffing until the past week. I always had great runs through. Last 3 runs though have been mediocre at best, to the point of my wife saying "Well that was crap" after last night's run.

I agree there is something off with Vamp, though; so maybe you're right with that observation. It is still fun, though. With Klowns, I love it because it's something I've always wanted to see come to life - so I'm going to be extremely biased towards it.

Any houses that don't have staffing issues?

Diagon has never been a scare Zone. The whole London area is devoid of Halloween theming.
Wow, I really did that... I meant Stay n' Scream. Is Diagon still a Stay n' Scream location? I know Hello Kitty now doesn't open till later than Springfield and New York, but I didn't remember every seeing Diagon be used this year.

Wow, I really did that... I meant Stay n' Scream. Is Diagon still a Stay n' Scream location? I know Hello Kitty now doesn't open till later than Springfield and New York, but I didn't remember every seeing Diagon be used this year.

Diagon is not a Stay and Scream location this year.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I can't say too much right now but in all my years I don't think we have ever done anything close to what we are planning for this year.

...My guessing..purely that.

Who's to say they may not try to do something crazy, maybe test an additional night with the event done in a different..operation, per-say? That's my "out there" guess.

And for reasoning...Hollywood, is seemingly testing the waters this weekend on "Family" content, doing something more akin to a certain park in the red sun.

...My guessing..purely that.

Who's to say they may not try to do something crazy, maybe test an additional night with the event done in a different..operation, per-say? That's my "out there" guess.

And for reasoning...Hollywood, is seemingly testing the waters this weekend on "Family" content, doing something more akin to a certain park in the red sun.

Some things are scarier in the daylight. Strange to say but sometimes true. Not sure what you mean by red sun or family content.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Some things are scarier in the daylight. Strange to say but sometimes true. Not sure what you mean by red sun or family content.

To sum it up..Universal Osaka does things..shall we say, "differently" when it comes to Halloween.

They have Scare Experiences and Mazes (with some of the mazes in the day even); but in the daytime, they have fun family options with quite a few of the characters.

And interestingly, this year; Hollywood is allowing young kids to come to the parks in costume, and meet the specially festive versions of Meet and Greet characters. And that, Osaka also handles HHN not in the means of a hard ticket event.

Almost, like Mardi Gras in a strange way.