Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
vamp should not longer be called a scarezone but called a dancezone :lol::lol::lol::lol:
im starting to see dance parties of up to 5-8 guests dancing with some of the vampires :lol::lol::lol: and the vampire host
its becoming a for real party now. the "victim" actors are on full party mode. they are having the most fun.
there was a big feeling of celebration today for some reason. actors were more lively than before, crowds were dancing more

vamp should not longer be called a scarezone but called a dancezone :lol::lol::lol::lol:
im starting to see dance parties of up to 5-8 guests dancing with some of the vampires :lol::lol::lol: and the vampire host
its becoming a for real party now. the "victim" actors are on full party mode. they are having the most fun.
there was a big feeling of celebration today for some reason. actors were more lively than before, crowds were dancing more
The "Disco Dandy" Scare Zone starring Travolta kissing Olivia Newton John's neck. I could see Vampires spinning on the streets....Actually it's a great idea for a for real future scare zone. Lots of possibilities. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Lucky Planet
The "Disco Dandy" Scare Zone starring Travolta kissing Olivia Newton John's neck. I could see Vampires spinning on the streets....Actually it's a great idea for a for real future scare zone. Lots of possibilities. :thumbsup:
Funny enough, there actually is a movie called “Scare Zone” that was filmed at UOR back in 2008, Primarily in the Body Collectors house and around Orlando. All of the people involved were scareactors. One of the guys went on to be in The Walking Dead and now a main role on a CBS crime show or something like that.

The movie is incredibly low budget, but it’s actually pretty hilarious.

Now I’m fully aware scareactors are the lifeblood of the event and they do a great job and work very hard for the most part, but anyone get a sense of entitlement this year.

They seem to relish in the fact that people start to recognise them, almost like they think they’re celebrities. Also the times I went, there were more than a few occasions when I had a feeling they were performing for their friends, or people who go to HHN pretty much every night. Like they have a cool exclusive club, and anyone who doesn’t know who they are or go super often aren’t worthy.

Also had a few house runs where I was near people who obviously knew scareactors and they would have banter and target them exclusively in houses, I felt like a wasn’t even there sometimes. Started getting on my nerves a bit.

Feel free to shoot me down if you think I’m way off base.

Some of the houses were very understaffed tonight. Particularly Scary Tales... there had to be 10 actors missing.

Brought a first-timer, he commented on missing actors as well--the holes have become rather obvious. Zones were hit harder, down to four chainsaws in Springfield for one cast (tho all four ere excellent), Traditions had one stilt-walker and maybe five or six other actors.

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Now I’m fully aware scareactors are the lifeblood of the event and they do a great job and work very hard for the most part, but anyone get a sense of entitlement this year.

They seem to relish in the fact that people start to recognise them, almost like they think they’re celebrities. Also the times I went, there were more than a few occasions when I had a feeling they were performing for their friends, or people who go to HHN pretty much every night. Like they have a cool exclusive club, and anyone who doesn’t know who they are or go super often aren’t worthy.

Also had a few house runs where I was near people who obviously knew scareactors and they would have banter and target them exclusively in houses, I felt like a wasn’t even there sometimes. Started getting on my nerves a bit.

Feel free to shoot me down if you think I’m way off base.
I don't think it's off-base at all. I've been a little guilty of it myself. It's probably gotten worse with social media and the amount of repeat attendees increasing.

I've mentioned how the FFP becomes a bit of a status symbol. Part of the arrogance it instills is compounded by the ability to find/follow favorite scareactors or characters. Scareactors - who, let's be frank, are all divas who want to be stars - buy in to the attention and respond with catered responses. That makes the guests feel more exclusive and special, so they pay more attention to the scareactor, and it continues.

The catch is this is a feature; not a bug. At least when it comes to encouraging guests to keep coming back. Managing it on the scareactor side is harder. There's a fine line between enough and too much. It's crossed often because it's more fun for guests and scareactors when it happens. Squashing it, despite how appropriate it is to so, is never received well.

I don't think it's off-base at all. I've been a little guilty of it myself. It's probably gotten worse with social media and the amount of repeat attendees increasing.

I've mentioned how the FFP becomes a bit of a status symbol. Part of the arrogance it instills is compounded by the ability to find/follow favorite scareactors or characters. Scareactors - who, let's be frank, are all divas who want to be stars - by in to the attention and respond with catered responses. That makes the guests feel more exclusive and special, so they pay more attention to the scareactor, and it continues.

The catch is this is a feature; not a bug. At least when it comes to encouraging guests to keep coming back. Managing it on the scareactor side is harder. There's a fine line between enough and too much. It's crossed often because it's more fun for guests and scareactors when it happens. Squashing it, despite how appropriate it is to so, is never received well.

Think the last weekend will be understaffed? I had planned on going, but fearing lots of people will be checked out.

I for one think being arrogant because of owning a FFP is beyond stupid. But I'm still against abolishing it. Aside from that, are there any measures they can take to minimize staffing problems next year?

Last edited:

I've mentioned how the FFP becomes a bit of a status symbol. Part of the arrogance it instills is compounded by the ability to find/follow favorite scareactors or characters. Scareactors - who, let's be frank, are all divas who want to be stars - buy in to the attention and respond with catered responses. That makes the guests feel more exclusive and special, so they pay more attention to the scareactor, and it continues.

Great point, well made.

My opinion has changed slightly.

My friend and I might do S&S this Friday night for the first time any tips? And what location leads to what house?
Springfield leads to Seeds of Extinction and Slaughter Cinema when it releases. One group leaves from each end.

Also, is Diagon a scarezones this year? I’ve seen no mention of it, but I’m pretty sure it has been in the past.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Springfield leads to Seeds of Extinction and Slaughter Cinema when it releases. One group leaves from each end.

Also, is Diagon a scarezones this year? I’ve seen no mention of it, but I’m pretty sure it has been in the past.
Thanks and it kinda was while we had no sz in the HP area or London there was a sz in San. F. Area but the moved it this year to where Killer Klowns is.

Reactions: WAJAS
Noticed the emptiness in Scary Tales last night as well, causing a less than great run. Last few runs have suffered because of it, knocking it down my list.

As far as scare zones, I think Chucky has surpassed Vamp. They're all fun, but Vamp (save for a few actors) has gotten lazy. I've spent a lot of time in Chucky now, watching Chucky, himself; along with watching the monkeys and O.R. table. Klowns still owns my heart.

And gotta give kudos to the actors in Harvest, they were going hard last night. Always moving, trying to scare everyone.