Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 412 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think if the zone is fully staffed victims can work but with all of the stuff I have seen about understaffing, I feel like resources should be put into making more scary guys. Although some of the victims can do a good job of spooking you. (lookin at you binder guy).

Victims have their role. They flesh out the story and also attempt to make the situations feel more "real". Due to their appearance (not being scary, monster, etc.) it also allows them some opportune scares as most people normally will have their guard down around them as they are expecting the creatures & co. to do the scaring.

In regards to Twisted Traditions, the teens are responsible for releasing the Halloween curse from the church. The idea of them was to warn you about going through Central Park, setting up the scene; but because of the cluster of crowds, the pumpkins have started to bleed out into that area, sometimes staying out there due to crowds.

like Sadbunny said. when the zone is understaffed, it feels weird to keep all the victim roles. specially when some of the important characters of a zone are missing

like Sadbunny said. when the zone is understaffed, it feels weird to keep all the victim roles. specially when some of the important characters of a zone are missing

You're assuming it's just as simple as putting on a mask and saying "Go get 'em! You're now a pumpkin!".

I know a few actors who have restrictions, due to allergies, fears, hang-ups, etc and are cast in certain roles to avoid any of those issues. I'm not saying this is the case for every single victim, but it is in the realm of possibilities.

You're assuming it's just as simple as putting on a mask and saying "Go get 'em! You're now a pumpkin!".

I know a few actors who have restrictions, due to allergies, fears, hang-ups, etc and are cast in certain roles to avoid any of those issues. I'm not saying this is the case for every single victim, but it is in the realm of possibilities.

Many actors are not capable of wearing masks, whether they be latex or silicone. That potentially limits what roles they can perform and keeps them in "victim" esque roles if other face parts aren't available.

Additionally, not every mask fits every performer, so even if a zone is "understaffed," the "victim" might not be able to fit into an available mask.

Many actors are not capable of wearing masks, whether they be latex or silicone. That potentially limits what roles they can perform and keeps them in "victim" esque roles if other face parts aren't available.

Additionally, not every mask fits every performer, so even if a zone is "understaffed," the "victim" might not be able to fit into an available mask.

thats understandable

I don't think it's off-base at all. I've been a little guilty of it myself. It's probably gotten worse with social media and the amount of repeat attendees increasing.

I've mentioned how the FFP becomes a bit of a status symbol. Part of the arrogance it instills is compounded by the ability to find/follow favorite scareactors or characters. Scareactors - who, let's be frank, are all divas who want to be stars - buy in to the attention and respond with catered responses. That makes the guests feel more exclusive and special, so they pay more attention to the scareactor, and it continues.

The catch is this is a feature; not a bug. At least when it comes to encouraging guests to keep coming back. Managing it on the scareactor side is harder. There's a fine line between enough and too much. It's crossed often because it's more fun for guests and scareactors when it happens. Squashing it, despite how appropriate it is to so, is never received well.

Think the last weekend will be understaffed? I had planned on going, but fearing lots of people will be checked out.

I for one think being arrogant because of owning a FFP is beyond stupid. But I'm still against abolishing it. Aside from that, are there any measures they can take to minimize staffing problems next year?

Great point, well made.

My opinion has changed slightly.

Why are we still talking about this? Someone trying to assinate 2 former Presidents, a former Vice President, a former Secratery of State, a former CIA Director, and bomb an International News Network is nothing compared to 4000 colored people in flip flops a mere 1000 miles away walking here to overthrow this great country!!! Where are your priorities people, geez! Be afeared of THE CARAVAN!!!!!

Who says the event even has to end next week.

Lots of claims that it's staged (stickers on the van looks brand new).

Legacy is only half right. The arrogance and elitism is not just as simple as people getting ffp. Its not that simple.

It is a little more complex than that because it has more to do with stay and scream and with hhn superfans that buy the hhn shirt and hat and landyard, as well as getting express for every day of the ffp.
Yes ffp is ONE part of it, of course.
But a lot of of ffp holders are pretty low key. Year after year of going, you start to recognize people coming back. Some people are just going to enjoy the event.

The elitist clicks and some of the ugly attitudes on fb are Always stay and scream annual passholders that have every piece of hhn merch from that year. Or they have the glowing necklaces and glowing horns and the blinky cups.

The reason i bring this up is because ive seen the attitude that legacy is talking about and the little clicks of people that hang around the zones and talk to the actors and take 50 selfies to post om fb. The constant tries for attention, the comments on fb.
Its not just ffp. Its annual pass stay and scream with express that creates some of that attitude. Like if they were special superfans. A lot of regular ffp people dont care to be like that. Dont buy the merch, dont try to talk to the actors.

Reactions: RevFreako
what if they remove the scarezones for the preparation of the holiday stuff, but then they leave the houses as is and have the actors and have the houses open for acouple of days more?

I'd argue at any given time, considering that it's going to be extremely last-minute.
I’d argue it’s not happening.

Many scaresactors are also part of the Holiday fun. I’d wager they would’ve heard something about any extensions by now.
Which they haven’t and there absolutely CAN’T be any added days at this point. We’re within two weeks which is when schedules need to be done by. Many not only work Holidays, but just other ops jobs at Universal. Starting 11/4, TMs are scheduled to go back to their “Home” location, not HHN.

Last edited: