Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, they spent a lot of money on Reign of Kong, and that hasn't even been ported to another park for two years now.
Not true. Reign of Kong used a lot of technology developed from the Hollywood Kong. It was essentially our stand-alone version of the Kong tram tour section. It's just that they plussed the heck out of it and made it into an E-ticket capable of existing on its own. They failed to do that with F&F but the general idea was to clone both of those tram tour segments in Hollywood and bring them to Orlando.

If we do get SLoP, it sure as hell isn't opening in 2020. The trackwork for both omnimovers currently being built (Yoshi and SLoP) has already started. It's too late.

They opened Transformers in like 11 months. They can build SLoP in that.

(I'm in no way saying that WILL happen, just saying it's in the realm of possibility)

If we do get SLoP, it sure as hell isn't opening in 2020. The trackwork for both omnimovers currently being built (Yoshi and SLoP) has already started. It's too late.

Transformers was an insanely fast project for Orlando, that was not even a year's work.

If they want Pets for 2020 in Orlando, they can. And if they use the same structure, but extend it (ala Fallon), they can probably do that too; to keep it going faster to be on-time with Hollywood.

My prediction is:

SLOP replaces Shrek (I like the idea of having it across from Minion Mayhem and creating an Illumination Courtyard...it could also be a similar build to Transformers since it's going into Hollywood)

Shrek gets a new home in Gate IV (Along with other Dreamworks Films)

Pokemon goes to Kidzone (Biggest Wildcard)

Toon Lagoon Theater sits vacant for another decade (Kidding...hopefully) :shrug:

However, it makes way too much sense so I'm sure Universal will do the complete opposite.