Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

SLoP is replacing Hulk
Spiderman is moved to Diagon
Eddie gets an attraction in Citywalk

Coke Freestyle machine added to front entrance

You had me sold at "Freestyle".

But in all seriousness. Would they realistically be able to tear out one of the Shrek theaters and start working while the other remains open, just to help keep capacity down?

EDIT: Er, capacity up? Which ever way capacity goes so we don't all flock to the streets.

You had me sold at "Freestyle".

But in all seriousness. Would they realistically be able to tear out one of the Shrek theaters and start working while the other remains open, just to help keep capacity down?

EDIT: Er, capacity up? Which ever way capacity goes so we don't all flock to the streets.
I would imagine it would be quicker to just knock it all down at once...It's basically a big box really

Queue someone saying "iT's NoT JuSt a bIg BoX" and posting blueprints

I think it's the best use of the space.

I'm not assuming anything with Uni tho

At this stage, I'm just going to assume that Universal's new planning model is based around this concept:

550px-nowatermark-Fold-a-Fortune-Teller-Step-16-Version-2.jpg

I wish Universal is considering to add the street you exit on when you leave Shrek to add to whatever new ride will replace Shrek (Sunset Boulevard). The meet and greet and excess to the toilets behind Mell's could still be reached. And while they are at it I love to see the Monster Cafe leave. Something similar (but better) should re emerge in the new park as part of a land or on City Walk. The total area could house an extended version of the SLoP ride or a dark ride with another theme.

I wish Universal is considering to add the street you exit on when you leave Shrek to add to whatever new ride will replace Shrek (Sunset Boulevard). The meet and greet and excess to the toilets behind Mell's could still be reached. And while they are at it I love to see the Monster Cafe leave. Something similar (but better) should re emerge in the new park as part of a land or on City Walk. The total area could house an extended version of the SLoP ride or a dark ride with another theme.

You know, I looked at Google Maps - the Monster Café is so much bigger than it looks.

Someone mentioned on here that one of the rumored lands for the fourth gate would be a classic monsters area - a revamped (no pun intended) Monster Café would be an obvious choice there.

Of all the times I've been at USF, I can honestly say I've never eaten there.

Someone mentioned on here that one of the rumored lands for the fourth gate would be a classic monsters area - a revamped (no pun intended) Monster Café would be an obvious choice there.

I've been in once to refill my drink and it was horrible.

Noted.

Back to topic - anyone been in Shrek when the theater is just about empty? Last time we went, we were pretty entertained by the empty row of chairs in front of us really going at it for the galloping scenes.

I could see a monsters dining experience but it wouldn’t be like Monsters Cafe, it’d be “in world” and eschew the studios feel.

I have a friend who swears by it. No joke.

I could see a monsters dining experience but it wouldn’t be like Monsters Cafe, it’d be “in world” and eschew the studios feel.

I have a friend who swears by it. No joke.

I never ate in it, I was just in to fill my cup but I’m sure the AC wasn’t on, the floor was covered in juice and the smell was unbelievable. The cherry on top, sticky floor and flip flops.

I never ate in it, I was just in to fill my cup but I’m sure the AC wasn’t on, the floor was covered in juice and the smell was unbelievable. The cherry on top, sticky floor and flip flops.

Well, you were wearing flip flops, what were you thinking?
[I was going to put the teasing tongue out emoji here, but I didn't want to confuse people and make them think I was encouraging the licking of sticky floors.]