Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Theater shows:

Animal Actors
FFL
Barney
Horror Makeup
Bourne (as it seems rumored now)

Outside of Shrek, there really isn't a 4D Theater show in the park. And even if it'd get converted to DWT, it would likely ditch the 3D aspect altogether.

Perhaps you are merging simulators like Simpsons, DMMM and Fallon into that?

Reactions: truejonas
Theater shows:

Animal Actors
FFL
Barney
Horror Makeup
Bourne (as it seems rumored now)

Outside of Shrek, there really isn't a 4D Theater show in the park. And even if it'd get converted to DWT, it would likely ditch the 3D aspect altogether.

Perhaps you are merging simulators like Simpsons, DMMM and Fallon into that?
Horror Make Up is great, although not for everyone

T2 was a 4D show technically..With the majority of the show focused on 3-D film...Although, at the time, is was an amazing extravaganza...Gone now (and hopefully not with any 3-D elements)

Minions is basically a 3-D motion theater, Simpsons and Fallon are a tad more immersive, but still similar enough to be kind of an issue...it does seem like they are walking away from the concept recently though (or at least in the stuff that is rumored)

I still think that a ride would be a better addition...The Dreamworks theater is rather lackluster, basically projection mapping and a screen

Horror Make Up is great, although not for everyone

T2 was a 4D show technically..With the majority of the show focused on 3-D film...Although, at the time, is was an amazing extravaganza...Gone now (and hopefully not with any 3-D elements)

Minions is basically a 3-D motion theater, Simpsons and Fallon are a tad more immersive, but still similar enough to be kind of an issue...it does seem like they are walking away from the concept recently though (or at least in the stuff that is rumored)

I still think that a ride would be a better addition...The Dreamworks theater is rather lackluster, basically projection mapping and a screen
I agree Minions, Fallon, Simpsons are all basically the same. Changing its name from 3d to 4d doesnt matter.

Outside of Shrek, there really isn't a 4D Theater show in the park.

Minions is basically a 3-D motion theater, Simpsons and Fallon are a tad more immersive, but still similar enough to be kind of an issue...

Technically, all of these fall into the 4D theater category, along with Transformers (which would be more of a mobile 4D theater). Although Wikipedia is a pretty loose source:
4D film - Wikipedia

EDIT: Theater vs Film. Still interesting that Spider-Man, Transformers, Shrek, and Minions were all cobbled together. Screenz discussion below still stands.

I think the bigger issues are the screenz. A lot of these animated characters are perfect applicants for AAs or costumed actors, especially with the way technology keeps advancing. Just look at the new Belle.

Reactions: therock and natespf
Technically, all of these fall into the 4D theater category, along with Transformers (which would be more of a mobile 4D theater). Although Wikipedia is a pretty loose source:
4D film - Wikipedia

EDIT: Theater vs Film. Still interesting that Spider-Man, Transformers, Shrek, and Minions were all cobbled together. Screenz discussion below still stands.

I think the bigger issues are the screenz. A lot of these animated characters are perfect applicants for AAs or costumed actors, especially with the way technology keeps advancing. Just look at the new Belle.
Well Transformers moves from scene to scene and doesn't remain in one place...I know Simpsons lifts you into place but that doesn't really count

Reactions: truejonas
Well Transformers moves from scene to scene and doesn't remain in one place...I know Simpsons lifts you into place but that doesn't really count

And there's what, eight cars in each Simpsons theater? That's definitely more of a "traditional" theater setup. It's weird to think of Transformers/Spidey as a moving 4d theater...but they kind of are. I'm going to stop thinking about it before I get a headache! :)

If Shrek is replaced with a SLOP dark ride it would really help the park. It will balance the screens issue.

I would love to see any dark ride (besides ET and, debatably, Cat in the Hat) added to UOR. I don't think we need MK numbers of dark rides, but they're typically a good selection for everyone, and a welcome break from the sun/rain/crowds.

I always find it odd that so many associate the Simpsons ride as being 3D...and now we seem to be comparing it to a 4D theater yet I can’t recall any in room effects (but I seldom ride this one).

Frankly, I couldn't remember what happens in it if I tried. The one time I went on it I got so motion sick that I just stared at the floor and willed for it to end. I believe the motion of the car itself would be part of the 4D experience. (4D seems to be loosely defined, so it's all up for debate)